Rain Dance Discussion Thread

Is Tornadus banned from UU? I heard people saying we lost him, but the site still shows him as UU.
When the teirs shift in january,there or there abouts, he will be most likely moving up too OU, for now he is still UU and not banned.

Damp rock raikou is nice, thunder and weather ball make great coverage and power. Also mentionable are sd ludicolo with access to grass stab, ice punch, and nature power (eq), and belly drum poliwrath which is a monster if it gets the drum off on your first or 2nd turn of rain.

I love rain dance teams but to bad it had to be banned :( but i had fun running kingdra with jolteon, and the rest of my fav pokemon on the team.

With the lack of Tornadus and Jolteon, this strategy really lacks the oomph it had a few rounds back. However, sand has seemed to come back over the spike offense playstyle, so maybe rain still has a viable niche.

Kingdra is still a great mon, and a great check to Sand teams, especially if you take out their hippo early. Prevents a late game stout sweep, and you also get great typing and attacking STABs to use.

MixKingdra in rain is one of the best sweepers in the tier imo (of course the best rain sweeper). I think that you can run this mon and build a team around him. It is a very viable playstyle in UU, but actually is not broken.

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
set i made up a while ago(thx to lucaroarkZ for seeing the error of choice scarf rain dance trick lead) for ou 4th gen. could be used for 5th

jirachi @damp rock
modest
4 hp/252 s. attack/252 speed
stealth rock
thunder
water pulse
rain dance

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
set i made up a while ago(thx to lucaroarkZ for seeing the error of choice scarf rain dance trick lead) for ou 4th gen. could be used for 5th

jirachi @damp rock
modest
4 hp/252 s. attack/252 speed
stealth rock
thunder
water pulse
rain dance
1. This is UU and Jirachi is not allowed in UU play.

2. There is an OU set much like that, but it uses Calm Mind because those attacks are rather weak unboosted.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)