PU PUPL - Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fissure

Cotton Candy Thighs
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
If Tricking went for a razor shell to just kill off raichu instead of smashing, then chatot would out speed volbeat and would kill it with boomburst.

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
If only HJAD was real enough to use LO offensive Volbeat versus llamas instead of just preventing sweeps with encore

If only HJAD was real enough to use LO offensive Volbeat versus llamas instead of just preventing sweeps with encore
BW PU Fraxure > ORAS PU Barbaracle man. That thing is fucking scary, I'm not bluffing on that ;<
I ran volbeat so I could stop Fraxure mainly

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I missed the time scorp and I scheduled to play. I would still like to try and get this done, but timezones are a pain.

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus
I won in a disputed DC against Detect Marowak seen here. Detect had started the timer earlier in the game, and was clearly still in the match while he lost due to it. He claimed that he had dc'd due to raining, and went on to say in such an intellectual way quotes such as:

★Detect Marowak: die
★Detect Marowak: die
★Detect Marowak: i dced
★Detect Marowak: fucking die

and

★Detect Marowak: yall niggas can all die otherwise

So I'm taking the win (or Dell can decide otherwise).

lol, chat was being trash after i came back from the DC and i was irate after the DC, can you blame me?....also, my commentary was POST GAME so how does that even effect the OUTCOME of the game?...

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Going off of anty's post, Slate. also used an illegal Pokemon during his Week 1 match, Grumpig. Again, not really a huge deal considering he lost, but Grumpig was a VERY influential Pokemon when it was around in FU a while back, so it's definitely not something that can be ignored if it continues to see illegal usage in FU matches, because unlike Monferno, Grumpig could often change the outcome of many matches, considering how Pig is able to take on some of the biggest threats in FU right now, and is a very good Pokemon overall. Here are the usage stats if anyone is too lazy to look at the OP.

I don't mean to sound like a dick, but the usage banlist is pretty clearly listed in the FU OP, and there's not much more I can do to make it more noticeable outside of bolding the fuck out of it lol. Just make sure that you guys check the usage stat list, because you'd be surprised what's PU *cough Monferno* and what's not PU *cough Simipour*.

I'll let this slide considering that the battlers lost their battles anyway, but if this continues to happen, then people are probably gonna start getting their matches disqualified. Sorry, this probably wouldn't happen if FU had a fucking challenge option on PS but oh well I can't really control that.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Alright so apparently people are absurdly stupid and can't count so here's the situation. I'm being long and detailed so no idiots can continue to argue.

Garbodor has 31 spikes, 30 pain splits, 3 gunk shots, 11 drain punches
Throh has 10 rests, 11 sleep talks, 15 storm throws, 30 knock offs

Knock Off does 16%ish (25ish% if asleep)
Storm Throw does 11%ish (16%ish if asleep)

Gunk Shot does 33ish%
Drain Punch does 15ish%

Raichu is in the back too and can deal 22% ish with TBolt (It's Scarf)
Sneasel is also in the back and deals 27%ish with Ice Punch (it's Eviolite)

-------------------------------------

Garbodor will use Gunk Shot next turn, which means Garbodor has to rest. Now that Throh has gone to sleep and full HP, Garbodor will use Spikes for 2 turns while Throh sleeps to preserve pp

situation is now 29 spikes 30 splits 2 shots 11 punches vs 9 rests 11 talks 15 throws 30 knocks

5 spikes while 5 knocks ->
Pain Split brings Garb up to ~3/4 and Throh to ~1/2 and Throh immediately rests to preserve maximum PP

situation is now 24 spikes 29 splits 2 shots 11 punches vs 8 rests 11 talks 15 throws 25 knocks
Now begins sleep turn stalling every time Throh gets the chance, HOWEVER, Detect Marowak can preserve PP by switching, even while taking SR. This would likely have been spread out, but for simplicity sake I will do it all together as the effects are the same.

2 Spikes on the 2 sleep turns
4 spikes while 4 knocks
Pain Split brings Garb up to ~3/4 and Throh to ~1/2 while Throh Knocks
Drain Punch from Garb brings Throh into Gunk range, so Throh has to rest on the DP

situation is now 18 spikes 28 splits 2 shots 10 punches vs 7 rests 11 talks 15 throws 20 knocks

2 spikes while 2 wasted sleep turns
4 Spikes on 4 Knocks
Pain Split brings Garb up to over 3/4 and Throh to ~1/2 and Throh Knocks
Drain Punch from Garb brings Throh into Gunk range, so Throh has to rest on the DP

situation is now 12 spikes 27 splits 2 shots 9 punches vs 6 rests 11 talks 15 throws 15 knocks

Switch to Raichu and back on 2 wasted sleep turns
3 Spikes on 3 Knocks

situation is now 9 spikes 26 splits 2 shots 8 punches vs 5 rests 11 talks 15 throws 11 knocks

3 Spikes on 3 Knocks

situation is now 6 spikes 25 splits 2 shots 7 punches vs 4 rests 11 talks 15 throws 7 knocks
(And Raichu is still outside of SR range)

Switch to Sneasel and back on 2 wasted sleep turns
3 Spikes on 3 Knocks

situation is now 3 spikes 24 splits 2 shots 6 punches vs 3 rests 11 talks 15 throws 3 knocks

3 Spikes on 3 Knocks
Pain Split brings Garb up to over 3/4 and Throh to ~1/2 and Throh Throws (knock is gone)

situation is now 0 spikes 23 splits 2 shots 5 punches vs 2 rests 11 talks 14 throws 0 knocks
(And Sneasel is still outside of SR range)

Drain Punch and Rest
2 Drain Punches and 2 sleep turns

situation is now 0 spikes 23 splits 2 shots 2 punches vs 1 rests 11 talks 14 throws 0 knocks

Now Garbodor doesn't want to use its last rest until Garb is out of Gunk Shots, so it will start wasting Sleep Talks

situation is now 0 spikes 12 splits 2 shots 2 Punches vs 1 rests 0 talks 14 throws 0 knocks

2 Drain Punches on 2 Storm throws

situation is now 0 spikes 12 splits 2 shots 0 Punches vs 1 rests 0 talks 12 throws 0 knocks

At this point, Throh is in a checkmated position. Even factoring in the wasted 2 PP turns it can get while asleep (bringing it up to 15 total PP vs Garbodor's 14), it will have to start struggling only 1 turn after Garbodor.

By the time Garbodor dies to its 2 or 3 struggles (can't quite get that math perfect), Throh will have begun struggling once or twice already too. It will be, in its best case scenario at 81% (25% recoil from Struggle, plus still its 6% heal from Lefties) when Sneasel comes in, still at 25% after Stealth Rock.

Sneasel will deal 17% with Knock Off, Struggle will not come close to killing Eviolite Sneasel (0 Atk Throh Tackle vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Sneasel: 39-47 (15.5 - 18.7%)) but will deal 25% recoil

This puts Throh at, in its best case scenario, 39%

Sneasel will deal 27% with Ice Punch, while Throh will struggle again and kill itself, which also kills Sneasel

At this point Detect still has a Raichu alive and able to switch into Stealth Rock (live with 9%) and deal another 22% with Tbolt if it had to (although it doesn't even need to). So being EVEN MORE generous to Throh than I already was with respect to its state entering the final struggle war, still won't matter.

------------------------------------------

The game was over following a very simple formulaic plan to preserve PP. No hax would damage the direction this went. Crits from either side were inconsequential because of Pain Split and Rest and how Detect still had at least a turn to spare at the end (probably more) due to the fact that Eviolite Sneasel could have Knocked Off earlier in the process on one of the times that it came into the sleeping Throh too, which would remove Lefties.

That took entirely too long to write, but I vaguely enjoyed proving my point once and for all, since apparently people are thick.

The game was, in fact, 100% over when the DC happened, and should be awarded as a win to Detect Marowak.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Alright so apparently people are absurdly stupid and can't count so here's the situation. I'm being long and detailed so no idiots can continue to argue.

Garbodor has 31 spikes, 30 pain splits, 3 gunk shots, 11 drain punches
Throh has 10 rests, 11 sleep talks, 15 storm throws, 30 knock offs

Knock Off does 16%ish (25ish% if asleep)
Storm Throw does 11%ish (16%ish if asleep)

Gunk Shot does 33ish%
Drain Punch does 15ish%

Raichu is in the back too and can deal 22% ish with TBolt (It's Scarf)
Sneasel is also in the back and deals 27%ish with Ice Punch (it's Eviolite)

-------------------------------------

Garbodor will use Gunk Shot next turn, which means Garbodor has to rest. Now that Throh has gone to sleep and full HP, Garbodor will use Spikes for 2 turns while Throh sleeps to preserve pp

situation is now 29 spikes 30 splits 2 shots 11 punches vs 9 rests 11 talks 15 throws 30 knocks

5 spikes while 5 knocks ->
Pain Split brings Garb up to ~3/4 and Throh to ~1/2 and Throh immediately rests to preserve maximum PP

situation is now 24 spikes 29 splits 2 shots 11 punches vs 8 rests 11 talks 15 throws 25 knocks
Now begins sleep turn stalling every time Throh gets the chance, HOWEVER, Detect Marowak can preserve PP by switching, even while taking SR. This would likely have been spread out, but for simplicity sake I will do it all together as the effects are the same.

2 Spikes on the 2 sleep turns
4 spikes while 4 knocks
Pain Split brings Garb up to ~3/4 and Throh to ~1/2 while Throh Knocks

situation is now 18 spikes 28 splits 2 shots 10 punches vs 7 rests 11 talks 15 throws 20 knocks

2 spikes while 2 wasted sleep turns
4 Spikes on 4 Knocks

situation is now 12 spikes 27 splits 2 shots 9 punches vs 6 rests 11 talks 15 throws 15 knocks

3 Spikes on 3 Knocks

situation is now 9 spikes 26 splits 2 shots 8 punches vs 5 rests 11 talks 15 throws 11 knocks

3 Spikes on 3 Knocks

situation is now 6 spikes 25 splits 2 shots 7 punches vs 4 rests 11 talks 15 throws 7 knocks
(And Raichu is still outside of SR range)

3 Spikes on 3 Knocks

situation is now 3 spikes 24 splits 2 shots 6 punches vs 3 rests 11 talks 15 throws 3 knocks

3 Spikes on 3 Knocks
Pain Split brings Garb up to over 3/4 and Throh to ~1/2 and Throh Throws (knock is gone)

situation is now 0 spikes 23 splits 2 shots 5 punches vs 2 rests 11 talks 14 throws 0 knocks
(And Sneasel is still outside of SR range)

Drain Punch and Rest
2 Drain Punches and 2 sleep turns

situation is now 0 spikes 23 splits 2 shots 2 punches vs 1 rests 11 talks 14 throws 0 knocks

Now Garbodor doesn't want to use its last rest until Garb is out of Gunk Shots, so it will start wasting Sleep Talks

situation is now 0 spikes 12 splits 2 shots 2 Punches vs 1 rests 0 talks 14 throws 0 knocks

2 Drain Punches on 2 Storm throws

situation is now 0 spikes 12 splits 2 shots 0 Punches vs 1 rests 0 talks 12 throws 0 knocks

At this point, Throh is in a checkmated position. Even factoring in the wasted 2 PP turns it can get while asleep (bringing it up to 15 total PP vs Garbodor's 14), it will have to start struggling only 1 turn after Garbodor.

By the time Garbodor dies to its 2 or 3 struggles (can't quite get that math perfect), Throh will have begun struggling once or twice already too. It will be, in its best case scenario at 81% (25% recoil from Struggle, plus still its 6% heal from Lefties) when Sneasel comes in, still at 25% after Stealth Rock.

Sneasel will deal 17% with Knock Off, Struggle will not come close to killing Eviolite Sneasel (0 Atk Throh Tackle vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Eviolite Sneasel: 39-47 (15.5 - 18.7%)) but will deal 25% recoil

This puts Throh at, in its best case scenario, 39%

Sneasel will deal 27% with Ice Punch, while Throh will struggle again and kill itself, which also kills Sneasel

At this point Detect still has a Raichu alive and able to switch into Stealth Rock (live with 9%) and deal another 22% with Tbolt if it had to (although it doesn't even need to). So being EVEN MORE generous to Throh than I already was with respect to its state entering the final struggle war, still won't matter.

------------------------------------------

The game was over following a very simple formulaic plan to preserve PP. No hax would damage the direction this went. Crits from either side were inconsequential because of Pain Split and Rest and how Detect still had at least a turn to spare at the end (probably more) due to the fact that Eviolite Sneasel could have Knocked Off earlier in the process on one of the times that it came into the sleeping Throh too, which would remove Lefties.

That took entirely too long to write, but I vaguely enjoyed proving my point once and for all, since apparently people are thick.

The game was, in fact, 100% over when the DC happened, and should be awarded as a win to Detect Marowak.
You cant just assume Detect will make all those plays though. This is like WCOP stuff all over again, you cant just assume the best situation for your team mate because you want them to win.

Fagtron could have left and claimed he dc'd then made it out as if he couldnt lose (especcially as Deej's sheddy set hadnt been revealed)

I'd argue with Anty about my level of competencey and ability to understand basic math...but I'm too salty as of now and can't be bothered....GG Ben, however this goes

Bughouse

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
These plays aren't exactly next level genius. Nor am I assuming anything /best/ for my teammate. At numerous places in fact I assumed /best/ for his opponent.

There's also a clear distinction between this and Robert Alfons vs Deej Dy, in that in this game literally every move on Garbodor and Throh had been revealed. There is no doubt of the possibility of any thing in the entire sequence. The only thing you could potentially try to say to make those situations similar would be if you want to argue that Sneasel and Raichu lacked the attacking moves I am saying they had... but then LOL. What moves do you think they had instead?

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'd argue with Anty about my level of competencey and ability to understand basic math...but I'm too salty as of now and can't be bothered....GG Ben, however this goes
These plays aren't exactly next level genius. Nor am I assuming anything /best/ for my teammate. At numerous places in fact I assumed /best/ for his opponent.

There's also a clear distinction between this and Robert Alfons vs Deej Dy, in that in this game literally every move on Garbodor and Throh had been revealed. There is no doubt of the possibility of any thing in the entire sequence. The only thing you could potentially try to say to make those situations similar would be if you want to argue that Sneasel and Raichu lacked the attacking moves I am saying they had... but then LOL. What moves do you think they had instead?
But you still cannot confirm that you would make these plays. If you are in an almost unlosable situation can you leave then claim DC just in case you choke it away? Also (according to my team mates) you are assuming things like all gunk shots hit, if twix doesnt predict switches, and if he doesnt get consecutive crits.

Bughouse

Where am I assuming anything about Gunk Shots hitting?

In my scenario he saves them to the very end (as he obviously should) and I give the best case scenario for Twix where Detect in fact doesn't hit either of the 2 Gunk Shots (hence how Throh begins its Struggle fest from full HP, not considerably less.)

EDIT: If you're going to object to my thorough, accurate analysis, at least read the freaking post. I'm done here.

Deej Dy

Verified Ladder Scurb 乁( ◔ ౪◔)ㄏ
Where am I assuming anything about Gunk Shots hitting?

In my scenario he saves them to the very end (as he obviously should) and I give the best case scenario for Twix where Detect in fact doesn't hit either of the 2 Gunk Shots (hence how Throh begins its Struggle fest from full HP, not considerably less.)

EDIT: If you're going to object to my thorough, accurate analysis, at least read the freaking post. I'm done here.
I mean you are completely using hypothetical at the points where detect switches easily to raichu or sneasel where-as they are actually 50/50 if Ben actually uses sleep talk and can nab a kill on them. Even changes in these small hypothetical give Ben the win because even with your end game the game is extremely close and both resort to struggle.

Bughouse

If he uses Sleep Talk (and again, I'll be nice and just assume it calls a useful attack, and that he doesn't ever Sleep Talk on turns when Garb DOESN'T switch out, which would waste even more PP) and kills Detect Marowak's switch-ins, he will still waste PP, which eventually results in Throh Struggling before Garbodor does in your new hypothetical, in which case Garbodor STILL wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)