ORAS NU Pull out game on fleek

Hey Pplz.. I made a really awesome NON STANDARD team that I wanna share with you guys

I was bored and wanted to make a turnpass team cuz balance and offense are super boring atm

Floatzel @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Veil
Evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Baton Pass

Floatzel the King of Pu is going for blood in nu with his legendary special set. I was gonna use samurott, but then I was like, nah too slow, too standard, too not enough baton pass. So lets go floatzel. Floatzel may lack the stupid broken power of samurott, but sits above 110 speed tier and has the almighty focus blast. Since so many teams lack a water resist he packs a huge punch and can rekt teams early-mid game.

Pros: Lack of water resists and specially oriented walls in the current meta.
High speed, and workable special attack
High powered base moves to offset less than perfect power.
Baton Pass to pull momentum if you are unsure of what to click.

Cons: Lacks accuracy on its most important moves, which can be mitigated slightly by scald, but weak compared to other moves.
Extremely frail, almost any move can ohko or 2hko floatzel.

Scyther @ Eviolite
Ability: Technician
Evs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-Turn
- Aerial Ace
- Roost
- Knock Off / Swords Dance

Ok maybe scyther is a little standard, but I mean how can u have a team without scyther, its absolutely haram. Scyther provides a much needed win con and fighting resist, as well as momentum grabber. Its bulky even with the loss of eviolite, though it does affect its walling capabilities.

Pros: Scyther resists fighting, so sawk isnt going to curb stomp your team anytime soon.
Resists many common types, such as bug, fighting, and ground, and fighting is important since the loss of granbull.
Can function as both a wall and a wincon, that has pivoting when the opportunity strikes.
Is green; the color of money, and who doesn't like money?

Cons: Scyther has very common special weaknesses, such as fire and electric which can hinders scyther's ability to stay in. However scyther is very useful late game after opponents team is heavily weakened.
Slower than nukes that carry SE moves, such as pyroar, archeops and tauros.
Perpetually walled by steels, and fodder for klinklang.

Rotom @ Leftovers / Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
Evs: 248 HP / 92 Def / 168 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split

Rotom, what can I say? It's Kawaii, it spreads burn, and is a solid switchin to electric types. Rotom is a great mid game support and is immune to ground/fighting. Skuntank is still on this ladder, and piloswine is rising, and will-o-wisp makes them no longer a threat.

Pros: Can put threats like garbodor and shiftry out of commision with burns.
Threatens psychics and flying types with its stab moves, even if uninvested.
Resists electric and flying types, and can stay healthy with pain split.
Volt switch provides momentum, which synchs well with turnpass.

Cons: Even invested, rotom has trouble taking neutral hits from all spectrums.
Partially walled by the omnipresent lanturn.
Weak to knock off, which is a highly spammable move rn.

Kecleon @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
Evs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Ice Punch / Aqua Tail

Kecleon, something you dont see often. I needed something with stealth rock, yet offensive, because I didn't want something defensive that would lose momentum, so I went with offensive kecleon. With max attack and backed by life orb, kecleon hits like a champ even with low base power moves. Kecleon has enough special bulk to check special nukes like samurott or magmortar, and can heal up with a strong drain punch.
*P.S. Iron Tail is also a 4th unlisted option to put a chunk of damage on audino, but I prefer the above options.

Pros: Extremely strong, and unpredictable coverage moves can poke holes in many teams.
Stealth rock which is a must have for any super serial team.
Sucker punch is a hard hitting priority move to put a hurtin on mons.
Decent special bulk and protean ability to boost power.

Cons: Slow as a magnesium reaction, but still more skill than allstar124. (96 to outspeed base 50's)
Poor physical bulk, strong physical attackers can KO with ease.
Burn prone, and becomes nearly useless afterwards.

Musharna @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
Evs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight
- Psyshock
- HP Ground

Even if its non-kosher, musharna is a great partner to switchin to several psychic types, as well as setup on many bulky pokemon who do not hit hard. Standard musharna with a twist, HP ground to hit skuntank and klinklang (since scyther for shiftry). This also provides a second win-con along with scyther.

Pros: Read smogon
Raseri approves.

Cons: Figure it out

Sandslash @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sand Veil
Evs: 248 HP / 168 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Toxic

Your typically spinning sandslash. I was gonna go with kabutops, but I wanted something to completely c***block voltswitch, so I chose sandslash instead. 96 Speed evs to outrun Adamant 252 Rhydon, max HP for survivability, and the rest dumped into attack to do solid damage.

Pros: Completely stops volt switch users from gaining momentum
Rapid spin to support team; especially scyther.
Lures and KO's scythers trying to use you as setup fodder.
Checks bulky threats such as rhydon and +1 Klinklang.
Super Kawaii

Cons: Weak to water, and team has no real resist.
Can become fodder to several mons in the tier, like audino or musharna.
Special bulk is lacking.

Overall Team Weakness: None cuz I don't build shit teams.

Floatzel @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam
- Baton Pass

Scyther @ Eviolite
Ability: Technician
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Rotom @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Def / 168 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split

Kecleon @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Drain Punch
- Sucker Punch
- Ice Punch

Musharna @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Sandslash @ Lum Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Toxic

Last edited:
is this silverwinters offense? your water resist is a floatzel, i would recommend prinplup/shiftry > rotom. This gives you a better water switch in than a floatzel, which doesn't like to take damage because it's frail and priority is everywhere rn. If you decide prinplup, I would suggest "bulky" spin claydol > sandslash, this gives you a good rhydon check, that can also serve as ur elec immune and ground immune, as well as a backup check to sawk. If you decide Shiftry, make it Swords Dance Sandslash > Current Set. This is legit because the fuck else do you run if you drop spin

Claydol @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Signal Beam

Prinplup @ Eviolite
Ability: Torrent
- Scald
- Toxic
- Defog

Shiftry @ Black Glasses
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Defog
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Rapture

I got so much time today
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I was expecting Bulk Up pass to Scyther and was sorely disappointed smh. On a more serious note, Specs Floatzel is a savage that can catch most people off guard since they expect a weaker hit from the Life Orb variant and overall the offensive nature of the team does a good job of putting either Floatzel or Scyther in a position to do big damage. I do agree that the team is a bit weak to water types so I have a couple of suggestions to help remedy that problem:

• Explosion Shiftry > Kecleon - Lolbro already sort of touched on this and had the right idea but Rotom is kinda important to check normal types alongside Musharna so I would keep it imo. What Shiftry gives you is another check to things like Lanturn and Samurott while still having a powerful priority attack to abuse in Sucker Punch. The main reason I mention Explosion is to lure and ohko Skuntank which gives Rotom and Musharna a lot more breathing room vs teams. Also hits Mega Audino for a ton which you mentioned was an important target (does around 55 ish iirc) Tho I would still keep HP Ground on Mushy since it is a decent way to handle klinklang in a pinch.
  • Stealth Rock > Toxic on Sandslash - Not much to say here but without Kecleon you'll need to fit in rocks somewhere else and Sandslash finds the room for them rather easily.
  • Sitrus Berry > Colbur Berry on Rotom - This change lets you take on Archeops and Tauros better since the immediate recovery of Sitrus helps to survive their attacks with a bit more health. Also, this is just a matter of preference but I prefer Hex > Shadow Ball since it helps to whittle down Lanturn and bulky mons in general a bit faster which is nice so Floatzel becomes a lot more threatening in the late game. Also with Shiftry, you still have a way to hit psychics for big damage so you can forgo a bit of the power that Shadow Ball gives.
Overall really solid team here with not too many weaknesses so I hope my suggestions help out n_n
Shiftry @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Lonely Nature
- Explosion
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Sandslash @ Lum Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Rotom @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Def / 168 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split

Last edited:
Hey there, I like your team it has some nice pokémons on the team like Floatzel (which is in my oppinion way better then people give it credit for). Scyther + Floatzel can be a really deadly core if used right since there are not many switch ins in this meta for both. I agree that your team is kinda Water but also pretty Fire weak. I have some suggestions to help with some problems.

• Firstly Life Orb > Choice Specs on Floatzel - Floatzel really appreciate the ability to switch moves, since Floatzel has the nice coverage of Water/Ice/Fighting is there no Pokémon that does not get hit for at least normal effective damage by all of those moves (unless we are going to talk about Frillish). If you limit Floatzel of using that moveset you also make it more predictable for the opponant.

• Secondly Vibrava > Sandslash - From what I understood you wanted to make a non-standard team so I won't use alot of standard pokémons this rate. Your team is really weak to Magmortar (or fire types in general) since your only Fire resist is a Floatzel and if that gets predicted it gets OHKO'ed by Thunderbolt. Also your only way of removing hazards off the field is a Sandslash so a ghost type can (especially late game) switch in to prevent the hazard to go away (which can make it really difflecult especially late game) which makes it alot harder to use Scyther + you do not have a Poison type which makes you really weak to Toxic Spikes (with pokémons like Musharna that really do not likes Toxic Spikes) (also good thing to note is that Garbodor + Mismagius is a pretty common core). Vibrava helps with both problems, not many people know this but Vibrava is a counter to Magmortar. Also vibrava gets Defog and not effected by Toxic Spikes.

• Thirdly Prinplup > Keckleon - As people said before you do not have a switch in for water types besides Floatzel which is pretty frail and you do not really want that to take alot of damage + if it gets predicted it either gets 2 hit KO'ed or OHKO'ed. With Prinplup you get a Water resist and another Fire Resist and you keep your a Stealth Rocker. With Prinplup on your team you also get access to Toxic which helps the team against bulky set up mons like Musharna.

Overall a solid team that can work really well. GL with the team!
Floatzel @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Baton Pass

Vibrava @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def/ 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost

Prinplup @ Eviolite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Toxic
- Signal Beam / Defog

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)