Project PU General RMT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anty

let's drop
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Clefairy (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Thunder Wave

I wanted to make something out of Calm Mind Clefairy so I made a team to support it by taking things out that may prevent it from setting up and taking the victory.

View attachment 49078
Golem @ Custap Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
- Explosion
- Stealth Rock

I chose Golem as a rock setter suicide lead for things because I want to be able to bring Probopass to it's Sturdy for Clefairy not to have a problem with it if it's the only counter on the opponent team also if Piloswine decides to lead then it can get off atleast near to 50% to it then send in Floatzel to get rid of it.

View attachment 49080
Gourgeist-Super @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Foul Play
- Synthesis

View attachment 49081

I have Gourgeist-Super on this team for things in this tier like Stoutland, Floatzel (Physical), and Huntail. I have Foul Play over Stab on Gourgeist is because I feel
Gourgeist can loose to set up such as Substitute Swords Dance Sawsbuck and it might just catch the other player off guard as their mon drops to the 2+ attack.

Mr. Mime @ Life Orb
Ability: Filter
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Dazzling Gleam
- Healing Wish

View attachment 49082

I have Mr. Mime on this team for things such as Muk, Machoke, and Roselia. Also Mr. Mime could be used a Healing Wish necessity if you need a mon to be in healthy
condition!

Floatzel @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Aqua Jet
- Pursuit

I have Floatzel on this team for offense and speed! Teams that are water weak will have a problem dealing with Floatzel if played correctly, the reason I have special Floatzel over standard physical Floatzel is because usual counters to floatzel are things as in Gourgeist and Avalugg that do not take special hits very descent. Pursuit is also for breaking Kadabra's sash or taking it out.

View attachment 49084
Mightyena @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
Adamant Nature
- Crunch
- Play Rough
- Sucker Punch
- Thunder Fang
The last mon I chose was Mightyena because I wanted a mon that will apply pressure to my opponent's team and Moxie really helps it happen. I decided to give Mightyena Thunder Fang for Pelliper!

View attachment 49083
I can't give you a full rate rn (well timing wise + I'm not great at rating teams), but I want to suggest you use Tank Golem over the current set. This firstly gives you a reliable answer to dodrio, which can either knock Clefairy's Eviolite off or do a lot with brave bird, and Golem will also give Stoutland a reason not to spam return (also zebstrika is slightly annoying). Golem also provides Stealth Rocks like you had before and the team seems a bit bulky for you to run a suicide mon (Gourgeist and Floatzel both give Pelipper a free Defog).

Maybe have HP electric over either Pursuit or Aqua Jet on Floatzel as a more reliable way of revenge killing Simipour which can be quite problematic for you (also helps weaken encore Politoed for clef).
Golem @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Rock Blast
A more bulkier set could be used I guess or even sucker punch over rock blast, as Toxic seems important for you as the team would love a way to wear down Tangela and Politoed

Otherwise nice team :D

e: Also maybe consider Scarf Mr Mime over your current set as a way to revenge kill fast mons like opposing Floatzel and Zebstrika (with focus blast imo to help deal with RP Regice)

ShuckleDeath

They call me the kign of typos
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
ShuckleDeath's StickyWeb Hyper Offense

I made this team with the intent of trying
on webs as a dedicated Flying check.

Being a Webs team I needed a setter and
fills that role best, this is typical opinion in
PU.

As I was thinking of what to have on the team I thought why not
it is already a solid wallbreaker/sweeper.

At first I was thinking about having
but I decided to go with
because it fairs better against bulky grass types.

I wanted a spinblocker also the memento support
provides really helps in the set-up of

Who learns Stealth Rock has good dual stab and can benefit from Sticky Webs?
Learns Stealth Rock has good dual stab and can benefit from Sticky Webs.

Set's In-depth

Luxray @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wild Charge
- Superpower
- Ice Fang
- Volt Switch
  • Ability- I decided to go with Intimidate to try and check physical Flying Types better.
  • Item- Choice Band was chosen to hit as hard as possible, immediately, moreover Gut's combined with Wild Charge severely limits Luxrays longevity.
  • EVs/Nature- the given EVs are there to hit as hard as Luxray possibly can, while maintaining as much speed as possible.
  • Moves- 1. Wild Charge, best physical STAB Luxray can learn and is necessary for checking Flying Types which are immune to the effects of Sticky Web. 2. Superpower, there to hit Pokemon such as Piloswine and Probopass for super effective dammage. 3. Ice Fang, is the best option possible to hit Pokemon such as Tangela, Gourgiest, and Stunfisk. 4. Volt Switch, already has great coverage, the momentum Volt Switch provides can be the difference between a win or a lose.

Leavanny @ Focus Sash
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Magic Coat
- Sticky Web
  • Ability- Overcoat, Seems like a nit-picky choice but it prevents my Focus Sash from being broken from Hail or Sand.
  • Item- Focus Sash, crucial item on suicide leads it will guarantee Sticky Webs 9/10 lead match up's.
  • EVs/Nature- I went with max special attack to make Levannys STAB Leaf Storm hit as hard as possible. Naive was chosen to hit max speed(311) while not decreasing the power of Knockoff
  • Moves. 1. Leaf Storm, chosen over Leaf Blade as because it does more to Piloswine, Stunfisk and the rare Wartortle. 2. Knock Off, great for getting rid of pesky items such as Eviolite and Leftovers. 3. Magic Coat, comes in handy more than you would think, the main purpose is to bounce back taunt's from the likes of Floatzel. I will note I will not ever go for Magic Coat on Piloswine or Golem because they CAN hit me multiple times with Icicle Spear and Rock Blast respectively. Getting Webs up is goal number one. 4. Sticky Web, very hard choice here, I almost went with Swords Dance but i figured Sticky Webs on a dedicated Sticky Web team was more important.

Simipour @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 30 SpA
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Nasty Plot​
  • Ability- Torrent, because i am not running a berry Gluttony is rendered useless
  • Item- Life Orb, I want Simipour to hit as hard as possible without being Choiced Locked
  • EVs/Nature- Once again i want Simipour to hit as hard and as fast as possible I went with Defense because most common priority hit physically. I went with timid mainly to out speed Swanna I'll clarify why in a moment.
  • Moves. 1. Hydro Pump, strongest STAB, Surf is an option but I say YOLO. 2. Ice Beam, absolutely needed for Grass Types in general. 3. Hidden Power [Electric], I had a few options with this move slot I ultimately chose this to be able to OUTSPEED and Faint Swanna, I can normally get the double on a Defogger switch in but I have few options without this to be able to stop Swanna from defogging before a Faint. 4. Nasty Plot, I chose this over Knock Off for two main reasons the first is it gives me the wallbreaking power I need to get past Pokemon such as Lickilicky, and two is it gives me a nice Set-Up WinCon.

Dodrio @ Choice Band
Ability: Early Bird
Jolly Nature
- Drill Peck
- Double-Edge
- Baton Pass
- Quick Attack
  • Ability- Early Bird, To be quite frank none of Dodrio's ability's I find particularly appealing but i figured an early Sleep wake-up would be the most beneficial.
  • Item- Choice Band, I felt the Item that does the most damage increase would be my best option, Dodrio was added for several reasons I wanted to get big damage off on Gourgeist and Tangela, I wanted a bit of Priority, and Baton Pass goes well with Luxray's Volt Switch, I think I made the right choice of Item here.
  • EVs/Nature- Hyper Offense once again self explanatory on the EVs. I went with Jolly over Adamnt here to out-speed Swanna, I want to eliminate as many hazard removers as I can and Swanna is the biggest threat to this Team.
  • Moves- 1. Drill Peak, I would of loved to go Brave Bird here but it is incompatible with Baton Pass so this was the next strongest Flying STAB and crucial for hitting Bulky Grass types. 2. Double-Edge, I was debating Frustration over this for a long while, but at the end of the day I just want to put as big of dent into the opposing team as possible. 3. Baton Pass, It was my idea that Baton Pass would pair well with Luxray's Volt Switch and was another reason I chose dodrio over Stoutland. 4. Quick Attack, I wanted priority in case of things like Choice Scarf Raichu/ other faster Scarfers such as Simpour, and I also wanted to out prioritize other priority moves such as Piloswine's Ice Shard and Basculin's Aqua Jet.

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Memento​
  • Ability- Levitate, this is the only ability Misdreavus can have.
  • Item- Eviolite, this is the only Item Misdreavus should run in my opinion. and the added bulk it provides aides in the successfulness of it's spinblocking.
  • EVs/Nature- Whats this something not with a plain vanilla EV spread? Yes in fact I decided to make Misdreavus defensive I feel it fairs better against Rapid Spinners, such as Avalugg. 248 HP EVs are there to take less from residual damage every turn, the 244 Defense is there to get Misdreavus as physically bulky as possible. i decide to run standard speed to taunt fast defoggers such as max speed Pelipper, I know it's stretch, but better safe than sorry.
  • Moves- 1. Shadow Ball, I could of went with Foul Play here but I decided I'd rather do more to Torkoal and Avalugg 2. Taunt, Mainly I have it to aide in the war against Defog, but it is also good to stop Pokemon such as Regice from setting up a Rock Polish. 3. Willo-O-Wisp, this allows me to have a chance in hell of beating Armaldo, it is also great for Sucker Punch users Such as Murkrow and Mightyena. 4. Memento, I have this pretty much with the sole purpose of helping Simipour set up an emergency Nasty Plot.

Monferno @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock​
  • Ability- Blaze, I am not running a Punching move so Iron Fist is irrelevant​
  • Item- Life Orb, I want Monferno's dual STAB combo to hit as hard as possible very few Pokemon enjoy switching in to it, but being able to switch moves and set Stealth Rocks are the only reason I went with Monferno to begin with, the Item is on par here in my opinion.​
  • EVs/Nature- I want Monferno to be able to out-speed as much as it can in and out of Sticky Webs so I decided to go with the positive speed nature, the 252 special attack is there so my good dual STAB combo can hit for all it's worth and the 4 attack is there to boost U-Turn a tiny bit.​
  • Moves- 1. Fire Blast, yes as you can see I decided to go with special Monferno, i just felt like my team is lacking on the special side. I am going to be completely honest here I originally had Overheat here, but as I got a few battles under my belt I realized the switching was hurting more than the Overheat power/accuracy boost was helping, I feel dumb for even running that. 2. Focus Blast, nice high power STAB move, I hate the low accuracy but it hit's decently hard. 3. U-Turn, This was a hard spot for me to fill, I know that most of the defoggers and Grumpig will switch in all day, so I decided U-Turn would be great, If they go Pelipper, I go Luxray, if they go Swanna, I go Simipour or Dodrio, easy. 4. Stealth Rock, every team needs them, I chose Monfeno to Set them.​
So all in all I like this team I find it to be fun and the added advantage with VoltSwitch really adds a whole new dynamic to Sticky Webs. I enjoy using this team, and i got a few big wins against well respected players, I'm exited to see what you guys say. Now on to the final stretch.......

Threats

• The biggest threat to my team are Defoggers and Rapid Spinners if I lose my Webs there is a good chance I lose the game it is as simple as that. Swanna in general is the one I fear the most because it out-speeds my dedicated Flying check, Luxray, I am forced to risk ether Simipour or Dodrio.
  • Jumpluff- Jumpluff is a real pain to my team, my Luxray takes Acro's and Seed Bomb's for days, too bad I have to pick my Sleep Fodder. It also out-speeds every Pokemon on my team.
  • Priority- I only have two bulky Pokemon on my team, and one of them isn't even that bulky, Prioraty goes through speed, they pressure me with a ton of it, I lose.
  • Rotom- Scarf Rotom is probably the biggest threat to my team in terms of Pokemon, it out-speeds everything while also 1-3 hit koing every single one of my Pokemon, it is indeed a nightmare.
  • Entry Hazards- I get worn down, I can't run Defog because than I'll lose my Webs and the Rapid Spinners are just wasting a team slot.
Final Touches

Luxray @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Wild Charge
- Superpower
- Ice Fang
- Volt Switch

Leavanny @ Focus Sash
Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Magic Coat
- Sticky Web

Simipour @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Nasty Plot

Dodrio @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drill Peck
- Double-Edge
- Baton Pass
- Quick Attack

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Memento

Monferno @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-269008320 A good game I had against a well respected PU player
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-269724456 My favorite game I had with this team, mostly because Leavanny did more than just die

Last edited:
ShuckleDeath's StickyWeb Hyper Offense

I made this team with the intent of trying
on webs as a dedicated Flying check.

Being a Webs team I needed a setter and
fills that role best, this is typical opinion in
PU.

As I was thinking of what to have on the team I thought why not
it is already a solid wallbreaker/sweeper.

At first I was thinking about having
but I decided to go with
because it fairs better against bulky grass types.

I wanted a spinblocker also the memento support
provides really helps in the set-up of

Who learns Stealth Rock has good dual stab and can benefit from Sticky Webs?
Learns Stealth Rock has good dual stab and can benefit from Sticky Webs.

Set's In-depth

Luxray @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Wild Charge
- Superpower
- Ice Fang
- Volt Switch
  • Ability- I decided to go with Intimidate to try and check physical Flying Types better.
  • Item- Choice Band was chosen to hit as hard as possible, immediately, moreover Gut's combined with Wild Charge severely limits Luxrays longevity.
  • EVs/Nature- the given EVs are there to hit as hard as Luxray possibly can, while maintaining as much speed as possible.
  • Moves- 1. Wild Charge, best physical STAB Luxray can learn and is necessary for checking Flying Types which are immune to the effects of Sticky Web. 2. Superpower, there to hit Pokemon such as Piloswine and Probopass for super effective dammage. 3. Ice Fang, is the best option possible to hit Pokemon such as Tangela, Gourgiest, and Stunfisk. 4. Volt Switch, already has great coverage, the momentum Volt Switch provides can be the difference between a win or a lose.

Leavanny @ Focus Sash
Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Magic Coat
- Sticky Web
  • Ability- Overcoat, Seems like a nit-picky choice but it prevents my Focus Sash from being broken from Hail or Sand.
  • Item- Focus Sash, crucial item on suicide leads it will guarantee Sticky Webs 9/10 lead match up's.
  • EVs/Nature- I went with max special attack to make Levannys STAB Leaf Storm hit as hard as possible. Naive was chosen to hit max speed(311) while not decreasing the power of Knockoff
  • Moves. 1. Leaf Storm, chosen over Leaf Blade as because it does more to Piloswine, Stunfisk and the rare Wartortle. 2. Knock Off, great for getting rid of pesky items such as Eviolite and Leftovers. 3. Magic Coat, comes in handy more than you would think, the main purpose is to bounce back taunt's from the likes of Floatzel. I will note I will not ever go for Magic Coat on Piloswine or Golem because they CAN hit me multiple times with Icicle Spear and Rock Blast respectively. Getting Webs up is goal number one. 4. Sticky Web, very hard choice here, I almost went with Swords Dance but i figured Sticky Webs on a dedicated Sticky Web team was more important.

Simipour @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Nasty Plot​
  • Ability- Torrent, because i am not running a berry Gluttony is rendered useless
  • Item- Life Orb, I want Simipour to hit as hard as possible without being Choiced Locked
  • EVs/Nature- Once again i want Simipour to hit as hard and as fast as possible I went with Defense because most common priority hit physically. I went with timid mainly to out speed Swanna I'll clarify why in a moment.
  • Moves. 1. Hydro Pump, strongest STAB, Surf is an option but I say YOLO. 2. Ice Beam, absolutely needed for Grass Types in general. 3. Hidden Power [Electric], I had a few options with this move slot I ultimately chose this to be able to OUTSPEED and Faint Swanna, I can normally get the double on a Defogger switch in but I have few options without this to be able to stop Swanna from defogging before a Faint. 4. Nasty Plot, I chose this over Knock Off for two main reasons the first is it gives me the wallbreaking power I need to get past Pokemon such as Lickilicky, and two is it gives me a nice Set-Up WinCon.

Dodrio @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
- Drill Peck
- Double-Edge
- Baton Pass
- Quick Attack
  • Ability- Early Bird, To be quite frank none of Dodrio's ability's I find particularly appealing but i figured an early Sleep wake-up would be the most beneficial.
  • Item- Choice Band, I felt the Item that does the most damage increase would be my best option, Dodrio was added for several reasons I wanted to get big damage off on Gourgeist and Tangela, I wanted a bit of Priority, and Baton Pass goes well with Luxray's Volt Switch, I think I made the right choice of Item here.
  • EVs/Nature- Hyper Offense once again self explanatory on the EVs. I went with Jolly over Adamnt here to out-speed Swanna, I want to eliminate as many hazard removers as I can and Swanna is the biggest threat to this Team.
  • Moves- 1. Drill Peak, I would of loved to go Brave Bird here but it is incompatible with Baton Pass so this was the next strongest Flying STAB and crucial for hitting Bulky Grass types. 2. Double-Edge, I was debating Frustration over this for a long while, but at the end of the day I just want to put as big of dent into the opposing team as possible. 3. Baton Pass, It was my idea that Baton Pass would pair well with Luxray's Volt Switch and was another reason I chose dodrio over Stoutland. 4. Quick Attack, I wanted priority in case of things like Choice Scarf Raichu/ other faster Scarfers such as Simpour, and I also wanted to out prioritize other priority moves such as Piloswine's Ice Shard and Basculin's Aqua Jet.

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Memento​
  • Ability- Levitate, this is the only ability Misdreavus can have.
  • Item- Eviolite, this is the only Item Misdreavus should run in my opinion. and the added bulk it provides aides in the successfulness of it's spinblocking.
  • EVs/Nature- Whats this something not with a plain vanilla EV spread? Yes in fact I decided to make Misdreavus defensive I feel it fairs better against Rapid Spinners, such as Avalugg. 248 HP EVs are there to take less from residual damage every turn, the 244 Defense is there to get Misdreavus as physically bulky as possible. i decide to run standard speed to taunt fast defoggers such as max speed Pelipper, I know it's stretch, but better safe than sorry.
  • Moves- 1. Shadow Ball, I could of went with Foul Play here but I decided I'd rather do more to Torkoal and Avalugg 2. Taunt, Mainly I have it to aide in the war against Defog, but it is also good to stop Pokemon such as Regice from setting up a Rock Polish. 3. Willo-O-Wisp, this allows me to have a chance in hell of beating Armaldo, it is also great for Sucker Punch users Such as Murkrow and Mightyena. 4. Memento, I have this pretty much with the sole purpose of helping Simipour set up an emergency Nasty Plot.

Monferno @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock​
  • Ability- Blaze, I am not running a Punching move so Iron Fist is irrelevant​
  • Item- Life Orb, I want Monferno's dual STAB combo to hit as hard as possible very few Pokemon enjoy switching in to it, but being able to switch moves and set Stealth Rocks are the only reason I went with Monferno to begin with, the Item is on par here in my opinion.​
  • EVs/Nature- I want Monferno to be able to out-speed as much as it can in and out of Sticky Webs so I decided to go with the positive speed nature, the 252 special attack is there so my good dual STAB combo can hit for all it's worth and the 4 attack is there to boost U-Turn a tiny bit.​
  • Moves- 1. Fire Blast, yes as you can see I decided to go with special Monferno, i just felt like my team is lacking on the special side. I am going to be completely honest here I originally had Overheat here, but as I got a few battles under my belt I realized the switching was hurting more than the Overheat power/accuracy boost was helping, I feel dumb for even running that. 2. Focus Blast, nice high power STAB move, I hate the low accuracy but it hit's decently hard. 3. U-Turn, This was a hard spot for me to fill, I know that most of the defoggers and Grumpig will switch in all day, so I decided U-Turn would be great, If they go Pelipper, I go Luxray, if they go Swanna, I go Simipour or Dodrio, easy. 4. Stealth Rock, every team needs them, I chose Monfeno to Set them.​
So all in all I like this team I find it to be fun and the added advantage with VoltSwitch really adds a whole new dynamic to Sticky Webs. I enjoy using this team, and i got a few big wins against well respected players, I'm exited to see what you guys say. Now on to the final stretch.......

Threats

• The biggest threat to my team are Defoggers and Rapid Spinners if I lose my Webs there is a good chance I lose the game it is as simple as that. Swanna in general is the one I fear the most because it out-speeds my dedicated Flying check, Luxray, I am forced to risk ether Simipour or Dodrio.
  • Jumpluff- Jumpluff is a real pain to my team, my Luxray takes Acro's and Seed Bomb's for days, too bad I have to pick my Sleep Fodder. It also out-speeds every Pokemon on my team.
  • Priority- I only have two bulky Pokemon on my team, and one of them isn't even that bulky, Prioraty goes through speed, they pressure me with a ton of it, I lose.
  • Rotom- Scarf Rotom is probably the biggest threat to my team in terms of Pokemon, it out-speeds everything while also 1-3 hit koing every single one of my Pokemon, it is indeed a nightmare.
  • Entry Hazards- I get worn down, I can't run Defog because than I'll lose my Webs and the Rapid Spinners are just wasting a team slot.
Final Touches

Luxray @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wild Charge
- Superpower
- Ice Fang
- Volt Switch

Leavanny @ Focus Sash
Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Knock Off
- Magic Coat
- Sticky Web

Simipour @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Nasty Plot

Dodrio @ Choice Band
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drill Peck
- Double-Edge
- Baton Pass
- Quick Attack

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Memento

Monferno @ Life Orb
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-269008320 A good game I had against a well respected PU player
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/pu-269724456 My favorite game I had with this team, mostly because Leavanny did more than just die
Hi ShuckleDeath, cool team you've got here.

I like the idea of webs + Banded Luxray a lot actually. I've tried Electabuzz as my Flying check but I find that it's just not bulky enough, but I think Luxray with Intimidate would help a lot.

To begin with, your EVs on Luxray are messed up. It was probably just Showdown! screwing up, but make sure to change that from 252 Atk / 4 Def / 44 Spe --> 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe.

One problem with your team, and you even list it in your threatlist, is that you have nothing to deter the use of Defog. I think replacing Dodrio --> Purugly will help you out with a lot of that, and having the Speed from Purugly along with Fake Out is really nice, as it can prevent you from completely being swept by setup sweepers as well as being able to pick off some of the faster threats to your team such as Jumpluff. You also have Monferno that can take on bulky Grass-types, so I don't think they'll be a problem.

Lastly, for your Monferno set, I recommend you change your nature from Naive --> Modest, as U-turn is really only needed to gain momentum and having one of your defenses weakened kinda sucks. A Special Attack raising nature also allows you to OHKO Piloswine with Focus Blast, which is really nice, since it's a somewhat large threat to your team. Overheat --> Fire Blast would be nice as well, since this Monferno is less of a suicide lead and more of an Offensive Stealth Rocker, so having your Special Attack lowered opens opportunities for opponent setup, which can be devastating for your team. Also I'm pretty sure this is just Showdown! messing up again, but you don't have maximum HP IVs, so make sure to change that from 29 HP IVs --> 31 HP IVs.

Overall, I think your team is really cool and with these changes, I'd love to see this posted to the Sample Teams Thread, since a lot of newer players really enjoy webs.

tl;dr

44 Spe --> 252 Spe

Purugly @ Silk Scarf | Defiant
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe | Jolly
Fake Out / Return / Knock Off / U-turn

Naive --> Modest
Overheat --> Fire Blast
29 HP IVs --> 31 HP IVs

I like the idea of webs + Banded Luxray a lot actually. I've tried Electabuzz as my Flying check but I find that it's just not bulky enough, but I think Luxray with Intimidate would help a lot.

To begin with, your EVs on Luxray are messed up. It was probably just Showdown! screwing up, but make sure to change that from 252 Atk / 4 Def / 44 Spe --> 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe.

One problem with your team, and you even list it in your threatlist, is that you have nothing to deter the use of Defog. I think replacing Dodrio --> Purugly will help you out with a lot of that, and having the Speed from Purugly along with Fake Out is really nice, as it can prevent you from completely being swept by setup sweepers as well as being able to pick off some of the faster threats to your team such as Jumpluff. You also have Monferno that can take on bulky Grass-types, so I don't think they'll be a problem.

Lastly, for your Monferno set, I recommend you change your nature from Naive --> Modest, as U-turn is really only needed to gain momentum and having one of your defenses weakened kinda sucks. A Special Attack raising nature also allows you to OHKO Piloswine with Focus Blast, which is really nice, since it's a somewhat large threat to your team. Overheat --> Fire Blast would be nice as well, since this Monferno is less of a suicide lead and more of an Offensive Stealth Rocker, so having your Special Attack lowered opens opportunities for opponent setup, which can be devastating for your team. Also I'm pretty sure this is just Showdown! messing up again, but you don't have maximum HP IVs, so make sure to change that from 29 HP IVs --> 31 HP IVs.

Overall, I think your team is really cool and with these changes, I'd love to see this posted to the Sample Teams Thread, since a lot of newer players really enjoy webs.

tl;dr

44 Spe --> 252 Spe

Naive --> Modest
Overheat --> Fire Blast
29 HP IVs --> 31 HP IVs
uhh the 29 HP ivs are to get an LO number, this is common knowledge

Grim

The Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
uhh the 29 HP ivs are to get an LO number, this is common knowledge
I'm pretty sure Monferno doesn't get a LO number with 29 HP IVs because the stat becomes 267. Monferno actually has a natural Life Orb number with 31 IVs (269).

At least that's how I thought it works.

ShuckleDeath

They call me the kign of typos
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus

tl;dr

44 Spe --> 252 Spe

Naive --> Modest
Overheat --> Fire Blast
29 HP IVs --> 31 HP IVs
I'm pretty sure Monferno doesn't get a LO number with 29 HP IVs because the stat becomes 267. Monferno actually has a natural Life Orb number with 31 IVs (269).

At least that's how I thought it works.
I really appreciate that feed back I will certainly make the changes, I already changed Overheat on Monferno that was mentioned in the post. It would mean a lot to have this as a sample team, I have to get the team approved by a room owner first don't I?

Last edited:
I really appreciate that feed back I will certainly make the changes, I already changed Overheat on Monferno that was mentioned in the post. It would mean a lot to have this as a sample team, I have to get the team approved by a room owner first don't I?
Nope, just post the team and from there it's Raiza's decision

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
With Life Orb, you want your HP stat overall to end in a 9.

Monferno's HP stat without any changes (with an HP IV of 31) is 269, so there is no need to lower its HP IV in this case. Like Grim said, using an HP IV of 29 here would equal out to 267 HP total, which is not desirable if you're using LO.

So, with Monferno, don't use 29 HP IV here. Use 31 instead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)