PU CCAT V2 (Round 6 Voting Stage)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Moving to the voting stage now. You have 2 days to vote.

TONE

is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
BenOhver wins this round, so Choice Specs Floatzel is the third member of the team. Nominations for a fourth member are now open. Keep in mind that the sets the Pokemon currently have won't be the final version.

Our team so far:

Leafeon @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Iron Tail

Piloswine @Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Floatzel @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam

Raiza

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender

Rapidash @ Leftovers / Charcoal
Ability: Flash Fire
Jolly Nature
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flare Blitz
- Drill Run

Ok so now that the team took a way more offensive way, I feel like it's time to put big guns on the table. Rapidash is of course well known for being able to check strong Fire-types such as Ninetales, this would benefit the team, as none of our three Pokemon are actually a solid answer to Ninetales. But Rapidash doesn't only have this use, first of all it takes advantage of the weakening of physical walls by possibly Leafeon or Floatzel, then it also checks Grass-types, another thing that troubles the team, then can bait in Pelipper, which is food for Floatzel, and can cripple it with Will-O-Wisp or directly go for a switch-back. Will-O-Wisp is also useful to weaken foes, to open opportunities to set up for Leafeon, and possibly clean up with Floatzel. Rapidash still keeps up the offensivity and pace of the team, and is durable thanks to Morning Sun, so a Defog or Rapid Spin user isn't strictly needed, though it could be a good idea for a possible 5th slot.

Reactions: EV

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus

Ninetales @ Life Orb / Passho Berry
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast / Flamethrower
- Energy Ball
- Dark Pulse / Hidden Power [Fighting]

Since we already have a Water and Grass type, Ninetales would be a solid fit to finish off the F/W/G core. While it doesn't have the access to Drill Run as Rapidash does, it still has the ability to be a solid wallbreaker and set-up sweeper. Also, it allows the team to have both a Special Set-Up Sweeper and a Physical Sweeper. It also checks Grass Types which troubles the team and can fend pretty well for itself against Water Types.

Last edited:

TONE

Was waiting for more nominations, but it's been well over a week now, so moving this to the voting stage. You have 3 days.

TONE

Raiza. wins this round, so Rapidash is the fourth member of the team. Nominations for a fifth member are now open. Keep in mind that the sets the Pokemon currently have won't be the final version. Also more than two nominations would be nice as well ya know.

Our team so far:

Leafeon @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Knock Off
- Iron Tail

Piloswine @Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Spear
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock

Floatzel @ Choice Specs
Ability: Swift Swim
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam

Rapidash @ Charcoal
Jolly Nature
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flare Blitz
- Drill Run

2xTheTap

YuGiOh main
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
At this point, given the team took the offensive route, I figure the team could do well with two things added. A ghost type like Misdreavus, to prevent Rocks from being setup / to absorb Fighting hits for Piloswine / spin block for Piloswine's Stealth Rock. The second, is something that outspeeds boosted Pokemon - perhaps a Scarfer like Rotom-F, Raichu or Mr. Mime.

So, for my first recommendation, I'm nominating Misdreavus. The minimum speed that it should run is 263 speed, as this outspeeds Onix and Solrock by 1 pt (Onix is especially important to outspeed because Dundies' Sun team is rampant on the ladder right now). I normally just run max speed Misdreavus, because its Taunt also outspeeds Monferno, which can setup Rocks and hurt Rapidash that way.

Misdreavus @ Eviolite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

You can change the EVs on Misdreavus to make it bulkier, but the most important thing is to stay above 262 Speed to stop Onix's Stealth Rock, Taunt and Sunny Day, like I mentioned above.

This also happens to lure out Ninetales, as your opponent may expect Will-o-Wisp. You can double out to Rapidash, then Drill Run if it stays in. If you remove Ninetales quickly, Leafeon will have a much better chance of sweeping too, so that's always a plus.

Raiza

is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Championis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
World Defender

Mr. Mime @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Filter
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Healing Wish
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast

As already said, our team definitely went an offensive route, though loses to fast Pokemon such as Zebstrika that can roll over most of the members, and others such as Fighting-type, citing popular ones such as Poliwrath, and the team isn't that durable, therefore can be broke with ease. Misdreavus could look decent, but the team doesn't necessarily need another Pokemon which is not that durable and has an end in itself, especially with that spread, and a Spinblocker, counting that Rapid Spin users are rare at the moment, and the best ones are slow and food for Floatzel which can run through most offensive teams. Instead, Mr. Mime seems alright there, as first of all it provides Healing Wish support to Leafeon and Floatzel, which are the key members of the team, but can be useful to recover Piloswine too, therefore giving it more opportunities to set up Stealth Rock again, especially against Rapid Spin users. We also need a revenge killer for things such as Zebstrika and something to deal with Poliwrath, as already mentioned by 2x, Mr. Mime can be good in that thanks to Choice Scarf. It's decent coverage also makes Mr. Mime an alright cleaner and able to open holes into offensive teams, so it can either support a sweeper or become a threat itself, making use of the wallbreaking by Floatzel.

Akir

A true villain!
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Alright I will do my part and add a third option. After playing with what we have so far, I really think we need some type of support. This team has great offensive synergy, but that will only take the team so far. We have trouble with Poliwrath, fast scarfers, and bulky setup. Substitute Bulk Up Poliwrath, while rare, really causes this team problems and we need some answer to that and other threats of similar flavor. To help with that:
Murkrow_BW.gif

Murkrow @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Thunder Wave
- Taunt

This team could really use some support pokemon, and Murkrow is here to help. Brave Bird lets us hit Poliwrath and Machoke, which this team actually finds to be a problem otherwise. Murkrow and Pawniard have the same base Attack, so Sucker Punch is a powerful priority option to hit the Choice Scarfers that can revenge a good portion of this team along with anything else that we need to outspeed. Thunder Wave is also there to slow down every poke we need slowed. This team is naturally fast, but things like weather teams, Choice Scarf, and naturally faster pokes still pose massive problems for us regardless. Taunt is there to help break stall and to give us an answer for setup and support pokes like Crobink, Poliwrath, or even Volbeat.

The set I have up here is mainly a placeholder. Murkrow has a ton of support options that this team really wants and needs. Murkrow could run Tailwind so we would never have to be worried about being outsped by anything ever again. Murkrow could also run Pursuit to punish the switches this team tends to cause constantly. The bird also has Roost should we want more recovery options and keep Murkrow alive for longer. Murkrow can also run things like Haze and Defog should we opt to go for stranger and more niche options. This bird can even run a 'bulky' Calm Mind set that could give us a second way to setup. Murkrow can also run Hidden Power Fighting to have an answer to Pawniard. The point is, Murkrow has a lot of support options at its disposal and this set is only one thing we could add in.

Overall, Murkrow is a great and much-needed support pokemon that does not cut into the offensive pressure that this team already provides.

Last edited:

Twix

jicama
is a Contributor Alumnus

Machoke @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Def / 20 SpD / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch / Heavy Slam
- Ice Punch

This team actually looks pretty weak to Pawniard as Kingler Stated Above. With Machoke we'll be able to take it on much better than we do at the moment and can add a solid Wallbreaker, Knock Off absorber and Status absorber to the team. The rest of the team has the speed we really need in general and Piloswine can take on Extremely fast threats such as Zebstrika and I guess Electrode.

TONE

It's been a week, so I'm moving this into the voting stage You have three days to vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)