PS Rooms - The chatrooms of the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audiosurfer

I'd rather be sleeping
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
an opinion piece where i talk about why i think that for any tiers interested in expanding their userbase, taking notice of their ps room instead of just focusing on irc is a good idea. some sample points:
  • larger potential audience on ps so greater risk of your outreach actually finding someone
  • people in the ps room are receptive to forum projects
  • it allows you to find quality users you never might've found
  • more new people are more likely to check out a ps room than comin onto irc (since only those already commited to tryin the irc channel will go through the effort of logging on, regging a nick, potentially downloading a client, etc.)
the points i make might be different from these or tweaked in some way but the general idea is the same

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I kinda think this might be fit for The Player more than The Smog. Like it's a good idea but given that you're not really talking about a culture shift, but rather just why PS rooms are where tiers should concentrate, I dunno, I'd say it's better fit for there than here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)