SM OU PrimaZard X 1600 ELO

Hello, this is my first RMT. I peaked at 1600+ on Pokebank OU with this set. This team is the same one that I use in my 3ds Pokemon GL, that's why I do not repeat my objects.

The Team

Dark Demon (Charizard-Mega-X) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 88 HP / 220 Atk / 200 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Roost
- Dragon Dance
I choose MegaZard X as my mega and physical sweeper. Late game sweeper.

The standard Dragon Dance set, letting Mega Charizard X outspeed most threats in the metagame.
It's STAB moves are very powerful.

Lubna (Primarina) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 168 HP / 252 SpA / 88 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Sparkling Aria
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
I love this mon. Well used can be a pain for the late game. The EV spread is simple.

88 Speed EVs allow Primarina to outspeed base 70 Speed Pokemon with no investment, such as Skarmory.
Maximum Special Attack along with a Modest nature maximize its power.
The rest of the EVs are placed in HP to improve Primarina's bulk,
you can resist a MegaZard Y Solar Beam with 10 ps and strike back with Sparkling Aria with KO.
Choice Specs is used to boost Primarina's wallbreaking potential.
I used Sparkling Aria over Hydro Pump for one reason. Sparkling Aria ignores substitutes. Problem Gliscor and Celesteela?

Beyonce (Tsareena) @ Leftovers
Ability: Queenly Majesty
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Trop Kick
- Rapid Spin
- Aromatherapy
- Synthesis
Tsareena is my SpDefensive, spinner and healer of the team. It has a decent bulk. Trop Kick helps the team lowering the target's Attack by 1. It hits several of the counters of MegaZard X like Hippowdon and Quagsire.

SteelHearth (Skarmory) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
My SR setter and Physically Defensive wall.

My Baby Blue (Gigalith) @ Rockium Z
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 108 HP / 236 Atk / 164 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Heavy Slam
With this spread Gigalith can resist 2 Hydro Pump from Rotom-W and Z Stone Edge can 0HKO to him. Superpower to cover move and hit hard Tyranitar and cia. Heavy Slam for fairy. Earthquake to cover move.

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Roost
Great partner for Gigalith and Primarina, avoid EQ and hits hard poison mons

I accept any suggestions that may help improve this team. Thanks for your time.

hey there,
not much to say sorry, but I think that you should run max speed and attack on megazard, as you said it is incredibly important to out speed threats like non scarf mosa, and so I would definitely run max speed.

What purpose does Tsareena have on this team? Your team doesn't really need Aromatherapy too badly, and Sand cripples its ability to heal with Synthesis. I recommend getting rid of it and putting Defog onto Latios instead of Shadow Ball for hazard removal. From there you can replace Tsareena with any number of better specially bulky mons. AV Tapu Bulu or Tangrowth make sense if you want it to be a grass type. For that matter you could also probably just replace Gigalith with Tyranitar if you want Sand, though you don't need Sand and could just put in whatever strong physical attacker you want, especially something that lures in Tapu Fini. I would try experimenting with alternatives to those two, especially Tsareena, and figuring out what works, because the rest of the team seems fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)