Research Pre-E4 Availability Master List (Gens 1 - 7)

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
So for some reason I've decided to spend the precious little time I have on this earth making a resource for Pokemon games I've always wanted: one that condensed all the Pokemon available pre-E4 in each game and told you the earliest point you can catch each one. Trusting the regional dexes was always icky because they often show Pokemon you can't actually get, like Metagross in Emerald. Feel free to make a copy of it:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DJO_854H2NUjvSqQkpWp62U7LDINKoUqNrON6udbukA/edit?usp=sharing

Keep in mind that this is the work of just me, and while I cross-checked everything with the resources available online, it is certainly possible that I made a mistake, which is partly why I wanted to make this thread. If you see any mistakes anywhere, please let me know.

The document shows all the fully evolved you can get in each 3rd version game up to SM. I did not do USUM because I never played it, and I didn't do SWSH or SV because I didn't want to, and you shouldn't be playing those games anyway, though maybe I will get around to it one day. The doc shows the earliest place you can capture each Pokemon's pre-evolution, as well as which gym leader is the earliest you could possibly bring that Pokemon against. For level-up mons, this is usually whatever Gym Leader is next, even if its thats not really feasible. It is technically possible to stroll into Roxanne with a Swampert, even if it would require a considerable amount of grinding. The doc also has some basic information like where to get evolution stones, trade-evo items and fishing rods.

It is also just fun to look at this data. Despite what the some shitposters might say, Crystal actually has more unique fully evolved options than both Emerald and Platnium and B/W, only finally being beat out with BW2 and then absolutely stomped by X/Y. Seriously, for all those faults Gen 6 had, its really impressive how many Pokemon they made available- with more choices than every other prior game before the SECOND gym leader. And by the time you get to the E4, there is more than Emerald and Platinum combined.

Anyway, feel free to use this whenever. If there is already a resource like this already... please don't tell me. I wasted enough time on this let me think it was worth it.

Bye.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)