PR/suggestion: Linux package?

Huhu, I wondered if you thought about distribute this software via the Linux inbuilt package management system? This would 1.) make the installation even easier, 2.) it would make certain that all libraries and required applications are present (java) since packages can be linked to each other and 3.) it would be a good PR and will reach more people trying out your application. Best Regards, Bas out

I use to run linux (around 4 days ago) It's easy enough to install shoddy. Its the same process, you just download the file and double click it.

if you want a little desktop icon, google pikachu download a photo and click properties. Click on the picture and swap. It has the same effect, and most people don't even bother using the inbuilt system because it sucks and many packages are hidden. Most people use terminal (sudo apt-get install)

Eh, I didn't say it is hard to install it @ Linux. But PMS is just more comfortable (even if you do via console) PLUS many people will see it and might give it a try. At least it won't hurt.

Possibly, but just seeing about Ubuntu's prophecy it should be free. Things like Red Hat might cost quite a bit of $$$.

Even Fedora (RedHat is the company beyond it) is free software from waht I know. It is even free, and I really don't think that creating an APM package will cost anything.

ShoddyBattle uses SourceForge. Its basically the same thing. But if you want to use it, ask Colin about permissions.

Well...I have sf more as some kind of development plattform in my memory. MODDB is more about advertising, posting screenshots, videos, articles and so on to gain more users/players. More a plattform to gain players than SF is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)