Power Items

Status
Not open for further replies.
Approved by G-Luke

{insert Picture}

Welcome to power items, a pet mod based solely off of Air Balloon! In this Pet Mod, every ability gets its own item form with the effects of an ability along with the attributes of an item and additional positives and negatives that come with it (like an air balloon popping).

Submission/Voting
Submit your ideas and vote on abilities that could be potentially broken. This would work in a slate fashion where I would put 2-3 abilities on the thread and users can create their ideas for an item with possible negatives (i.e. balloon popping) that possesses the effects of an existing ability. {this also follows the guidelines of the council}. Then, all users who submitted will be able to vote. You'll vote for your top three favorite items, in order of preference. Your first choice will receive 3 votes, your second 2, and your third 1. You may vote for yourself, but not as your first pick.

A few things to keep in mind when creating a submission:
1. What keeps your item in check (for example, what should stop me from putting a speed boost item on every sweeper and a fur coat item on every tank)
2. If it is a generally bad ability, why should it exist (why should I use a defeatist item)
3. How could this fit on a team an affect a meta game (primarily OU)

KEEP IN MIND: the item gives the ABILITIES affect only (along with a secondary effect, but ability must still be in its original form). You cannot create a custom effect even if it is related to the ability. You cannot change the ability. You may create an ADDITIONAL effect that is either positive or negative.

Example Submission:
Item: Air Balloon
Description: Holder is immune to ground attacks
(levitate's effect) . Pops when holder is hit. (additional effect)
Ability Effect: Levitate
Additional Effect: Popped when user is hit
Code (if not a duplicate of an already existing effect):

Rules / Bans: OU Banlist/ Clauses
Bans: None Yet

Council:
Kopelemon
Estronic
Brodaha

(vm if you wanna join I need more, it would be great if you could code as well)

Please feel free to VM me to ask questions

First slate IS NOW UP (Blaze, Overgrow, and Torrent)

Last edited:

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
Wonder shield: You're protected from moves that aren't super-effective, but it gets destroyed when hit by one.

Last edited:
just going to go ahead and say Kopelemon since you were last seen on monday, sorry to bother you

Klutz item is a paradox, if you hold, you have klutz, and your item is cancelled out. But if it is cancelled out, you don't have klutz. But if you don't have klutz, the item works, and so on. Yikes.

Gravity Monkey

is a Top Artist
just going to go ahead and say Kopelemon since you were last seen on monday, sorry to bother you

Klutz item is a paradox, if you hold, you have klutz, and your item is cancelled out. But if it is cancelled out, you don't have klutz. But if you don't have klutz, the item works, and so on. Yikes.
I actually had an idea for a klutz item - Klutz is an ability that suppress objects, so let's make an object that suppress abilities! I don't think it's too much of a stretch...

I actually had an idea for a klutz item - Klutz is an ability that suppress objects, so let's make an object that suppress abilities! I don't think it's too much of a stretch...
Sounds cool tbh, what would the downside be? If it cancelled your own Ability, regigigas and slaking could be too good

Item: Burning Bracelet
Description: Holder's Fire type attacks have 1.5x power when at 1/3 max health or less.
Ability Effect: Blaze
Additional Effect: Holder takes 1.5x damage from Water type attacks when at 1/3 max health or less.

Item: Bubbling Bracelet
Description: Holder's Water type attacks have 1.5x power when at 1/3 max health or less.
Ability Effect: Overgrow
Additional Effect: Holder takes 1.5x damage from Grass type attacks when at 1/3 max health or less.

Item: Blooming Bracelet
Description: Holder's Grass type attacks have 1.5x power when at 1/3 max health or less.
Ability Effect: Torrent
Additional Effect: Holder takes 1.5x damage from Fire type attacks when at 1/3 max health or less.

I'm not sure if i'm doing this right. Does the item give the original effect of the ability and then we only think up the negative effect ourselves?

Code:
"burningbracelet": {
        id: "burningbracelet",
        name: "Burning Bracelet",
        fling: {
            basePower: 10,
        },
        if (pokemon.hp <= pokemon.maxhp / 3) {
        onModifyAtkPriority: 5,
        onModifyAtk: function (atk, attacker, defender, move) {
            if (move.type === 'Fire' && attacker.hp <= attacker.maxhp / 3) {
                this.debug('Blaze boost');
                return this.chainModify(1.5);
            }
        },
        onModifySpAPriority: 5,
        onModifySpA: function (atk, attacker, defender, move) {
            if (move.type === 'Fire' && attacker.hp <= attacker.maxhp / 3) {
                this.debug('Blaze boost');
            }
        },
        onBasePowerPriority: 7,
        onFoeBasePower: function (basePower, attacker, defender, move) {
            if (this.effectData.target !== defender) return;
            if (move.type === 'Water') {
            }
},
Code:
"bubblingbracelet": {
        id: "bubblingbracelet",
        name: "Bubbling Bracelet",
        },
            if (move.type === 'Water' && attacker.hp <= attacker.maxhp / 3) {
                this.debug('Torrent boost');
            }
        },
            if (move.type === 'Water' && attacker.hp <= attacker.maxhp / 3) {
                this.debug('Torrent boost');
            }
        },
            if (move.type === 'Grass') {

}
},
Code:
"bloomingbracelet": {
        id: "bloomingbracelet",
        name: "Blooming Bracelet",
        },
            if (move.type === 'Grass' && attacker.hp <= attacker.maxhp / 3) {
                this.debug('Overgrow boost');
            }
        },
            if (move.type === 'Grass' && attacker.hp <= attacker.maxhp / 3) {
                this.debug('Overgrow boost');
            }
        },
            if (move.type === 'Fire') {
            }
},

Last edited:

Gravity Monkey

is a Top Artist
Item: Embu Berry
Description: When the user's health goes under 1/3, it eats the berry and its next fire type move will deal 1.5x damage.
Additional Effect: Consumable. Can be restored by harvest. Triggers at 1/2 of the user's HP if it has Gluttony.

Item: Waei Berry
Description: When the user's health goes under 1/3, it eats the berry and its next water type move will deal 1.5x damage.
Additional Effect: Consumable. Can be restored by harvest. Triggers at 1/2 of the user's HP if it has Gluttony.

Item: Leffe Berry
Description: When the user's health goes under 1/3, it eats the berry and its next grass type move will deal 1.5x damage.

Question: Can I make the boost of 2x to make the item a little bit more usable?
EDIT: Seeing peeps are giving priorities and difference in matchups, I guess it's ok
Re-EDIT: Nope nope nope changing it back

Last edited:
Item: Bloom Orb
Description: User’s Grass-type moves have increased power when it’s at low HP, but other moves are slightly weaker
Additional Effect: Non-Grass-type moves deal .9x damage when at 1/3 or less HP.

Item: Blaze Orb
Description: User’s Fire-type moves have increased power when it’s at low HP, but other moves are slightly weaker
Additional Effect: Non-Fire-type moves deal .9x damage when at 1/3 or less HP.

Item: Douse Orb
Description: User’s Water-type moves have increased power when it’s at low HP, but other moves are slightly weaker
Additional Effect: Non-Water-type moves deal .9x damage when at 1/3 or less HP.

Item: Vine Orb
Description
: User's Grass-type moves deal 1.5x power, and priority of these moves increases by +1 when user is at 1/3 Hp or less.
Additional Effect: Destroyed if user is hit by a Fire, Water, Dragon, or Bug attack.

Description
: User’s Fire-type moves deal 1.5x power, and priority of these moves increases by +1 when user is at 1/3 Hp or less.
Additional Effect: Destroyed if user is hit by a Grass, Water, Dragon, or Bug attack.

Description
: User’s Water-type moves deal 1.5x power, and priority of these moves increases by +1 when user is at 1/3 Hp or less.
Additional Effect: Destroyed if user is hit by a Fire, Grass, Dragon, or Bug attack.

here's an extra one (I know this wasn't part of this slate, I just thought I'd do it since it's very similar to the ablities above):

Item: Hive Orb
Description
: User’s Bug-type moves deal 1.5x power, and priority of these moves increases by +1 when user is at 1/3 Hp or less.
Ability Effect: Swarm
Additional Effect: Destroyed if user is hit by a Fire, Water, Grass, or Dragon attack.

Last edited:
Item: Vine Orb
Description
: User's Grass-type moves deal 1.5x power, and priority of these moves increases by +1 when user is at 1/3 Hp or less.
Additional Effect: Destroyed if user is hit by a Fire, Water, Dragon, or Bug attack.

Description
: User’s Fire-type moves deal 1.5x power, and priority of these moves increases by +1 when user is at 1/3 Hp or less.
Additional Effect: Destroyed if user is hit by a Grass, Water, Dragon, or Bug attack.

Description
: User’s Water-type moves deal 1.5x power, and priority of these moves increases by +1 when user is at 1/3 Hp or less.
Additional Effect: Destroyed if user is hit by a Fire, Grass, Dragon, or Bug attack.

here's an extra one (I know this wasn't part of this slate, I just thought I'd do it since it's very similar to the ablities above):

Item: Hive Orb
Description
: User’s Bug-type moves deal 1.5x power, and priority of these moves increases by +1 when user is at 1/3 Hp or less.
Ability Effect: Swarm
Additional Effect: Destroyed if user is hit by a Fire, Water, Grass, or Dragon attack.
Just wondering, what is the reasoning behind the types that destroy the orbs?

Just wondering, what is the reasoning behind the types that destroy the orbs?
I thought it would be cool if the other types that get an orb could destroy it. And for dragon, it "beats" (resists) water, grass, and fire (the bug orb was added very last minute), so I decided that its attacks should destroy the orb. Hope that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)