Policy Review Policy Review: CAP Mission Discussion (VOTE Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The CAP Mission Statement will remain unchanged from its present form and current understanding of competitive Pokemon as the OU metagame of the most current generation of Pokemon.

YES
NO

The CAP Mission statement at present allows only for OU concepts to be submitted. It is the consensus of the Policy Review Committee that creating for other metagames will be discussed separately at a later date, following the completion of CAP 3.

YES
NO

---

I certainly see the validity in changing the mission statement. However, I would have liked some more elaboration on what was (and is) going on in the heads of people who wanted to change the mission statement. In light of that, I go with the more "certain" option on that vote. The other vote, however, is an automatic YES for me.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I certainly see the validity in changing the mission statement. However, I would have liked some more elaboration on what was (and is) going on in the heads of people who wanted to change the mission statement. In light of that, I go with the more "certain" option on that vote. The other vote, however, is an automatic YES for me.
This is reasonable. If any of you would like, you may edit or post with reasoning as to what you found wrong with the proposal that caused you to vote against it. I still intend on closing it after the 48 hours, but I'll keep an open mind to allowing post-vote discussion if any of you would like. We want the best policy possible, and the circumstances of this particular thread are unusual.

Bass

Brother in arms
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
The CAP Mission Statement will remain unchanged from its present form and current understanding of competitive Pokemon as the OU metagame of the most current generation of Pokemon.

YES
NO

The CAP Mission statement at present allows only for OU concepts to be submitted. It is the consensus of the Policy Review Committee that creating for other metagames will be discussed separately at a later date, following the completion of CAP 3.

YES
NO

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

YES
NO

YES
NO

~~~~~

For the record, I do think that changing the CAP Mission Statement is plausible within the future if we discuss it as a PRC. I also don't have an issue with making a CAP for a metagame that isn't OU; we would just need to pinpoint its advantages and have a large enough interest in the metagame in question as a community. However, I'm fine with CAP3 being OU since we're just getting back into the swing of things.

YES
NO

YES
NO

--

The wording here is confusing in many places and should be worked on for future PR topics. I don't necessarily agree with "no consensus has been made and so we should push this decision off into the indeterminate future". CAPs deserve to be made for metagames outside of OU, I just want it to be known that I find the CAP metagame to be purposeless as one such metagame of choice. I'd like to see some progressive thinking in CAP, especially with deviating from OU (and singles, for that matter, though that's irrelevant until PS implements multi-battles), but now I suppose is not the time.

YES
NO

YES
NO

YES
NO

YES
NO

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm going to abstain from voting on this.

I will tally up the votes.

tennisace - N/A
Wyverii YES YES
Deck Knight - abstain
Birkal YES YES
Theorymon N/A

Aerodactyl Legend YES YES
aesoft N/A
Bass YES YES
Bugmaniacbob YES YES
capefeather YES YES
DetroitLolCat YES YES
DHR-107 YES YES
Elevator Music YES YES
EspyOwner N/A
jas61292 YES YES
Lady Salamence YES YES
macle NO YES
Mos-Quitoxe YES YES
Rising_Dusk YES YES
SgtWoodsy N/A
Vader NO YES

16 votes total. - 1 abstain
1. 13 YES, 2 NO - motion passes.
2. 15 YES, 0 NO - motion passes.

The following rulings represent the majority consensus of the CAP Policy Review Committee:

As we have voted to retain policies currently in effect, no action will be taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)