Project Pokemon Thread Reservation

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMars

It's ya boy GEEEEEEEEMARS
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
So Ditto's on pretty much every team now to counter Dynamaxing, but would that be enough to warrant its own thread?
No, that sort of thing should be discussed in the Metagame Discussion thread. Pokémon threads for old Pokémon are for when a mon gets new tools that cause it to be significantly different from old generations (think Pelipper getting Drizzle in gen 7, it completely changed the mon). Ditto still just runs Transform. Its use in the metagame should be discussed in metagame discussion.

No, that sort of thing should be discussed in the Metagame Discussion thread. Pokémon threads for old Pokémon are for when a mon gets new tools that cause it to be significantly different from old generations (think Pelipper getting Drizzle in gen 7, it completely changed the mon).
With that in mind, I'm going to bring up a few mons that I believe deserve a thread and don't have one already. I am just mentioning them; I am not reserving them. The most meta-relevant changes are bolded.
  • Charizard (Hurricane)
  • Clefable (Life Dew, Mystical Fire, Imprison)
  • Mew (every new TM)
  • Shedinja (Hex)
  • Crawdaunt (Close Combat)
  • Rotom (Nasty Plot)
  • Weavile (Psycho Cut, Icicle Spear)
  • Seismitoad (Liquidation, Power Whip)
  • Conkeldurr (Close Combat, Defog, High Horsepower)
  • Crustle (Body Press) ok this one's sort of a meme but if I don't bring it up then we know damn well that Omari P will
  • Reuniclus (Stored Power)
  • Beartic (Liquidation)
  • Jellicent (Strength Sap)
  • Haxorus (Close Combat, First Impression)
  • Hydreigon (Nasty Plot)
  • Durant (First Impression)
  • Hawlucha (Close Combat)
  • Avalugg (Body Press)
  • Turtonator (Rapid Spin)
  • Kommo-O (Aura Sphere, Body Press, Boomburst, Clangorous Soul)

May I do Excadrill?

Mod Edit: Despite it being really good right now, it hasn’t changed that much besides the Rapid Spin buff. Better suited to the Metagame Discussion thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

churine

lunatic+
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
i think hawlucha deserves its thread as its become one of the faces of dynamax along with gyarados and then close combat + white herb gives it another method of activating unburden. ill do it

I think I might pick a viable mon for a change and ask if I could do one on Hatterene

Go for it - GMars

(Edit: agreed to leave existing thread up)

Lets contribute with something, reserving Eldegoss.

Mod Edit: Approved
already take, and if this is about time measurements, i'm sorry i was with my grandpa, in countryside, no wifi and only phone, but sure if really want to take it, you can ! ^^

GMars

It's ya boy GEEEEEEEEMARS
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Updated the OP to contain links to all the completed threads. Thanks to everyone who's contributed so far!

With that in mind, the following threads were not completed within a reasonable time and so are back up for reservation:
  • Drednaw
  • Sirfetch'd
The following Galar mons are additionally still available for reservation:
  • Cramorant
  • Galarian Stunfisk
Pinging reminders for threads reserved on Sunday: KingTrout, BackAtYouBro

Last edited:
I've been lurking here for a while, and I'd like to contribute. Can I take Galar Stunfisk please?

Go for it - GMars

Like others I have lurked here for a while but I wish to contribute. Sorry for this spelling mistake really irritated me. I will work on this asap.

Reserving Dugtrio

Mod Edit: Okay

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)