SPOILERS! Pokemon Sword & Shield Pre-Release SPOILERS - Check Post 2!

GenOne

DOU main. GMT-7. PS!: GenOne
is a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Perhaps Toxicitry/Polteageist? They're not *super* slow while also falling closer in line to bulky attackers rather than speedsters. (and I know, i only play trick room/hail in doubles/VGC)

And yeah i get what you mean, was just thinking about some scenarios wherein the speed drop may actually cost a game or two but that's probably overthinking
Toxicitry may or may not have potential - will depend lots on its confirmed stats, movepool, and what emerges in Doubles as a prominent threat. It does (seemingly) hit the right movepool for Room Service, but I also feel like Toxicitry may want Life Orb or Throat Spray more badly.

I do like the idea of a rockstar mon receiving room service, though :)

And Polteageist...the first set I'm trying there is probably gonna be Shell Smash pass tbh.

Is it just me, or the total map seems very "small"? I mean, there appears to be just few routes and 1 city per gym (i know wild area is "big"). But are we going to be able to explore all those mountains around the cities, specially in the south?
Devs said that Galar is enormous, but i can't see that...

View attachment 204873
Wild area and some other places on the map remain unmarked IIRC

Toxicitry may or may not have potential - will depend lots on its confirmed stats, movepool, and what emerges in Doubles as a prominent threat. It does (seemingly) hit the right movepool for Room Service, but I also feel like Toxicitry may want Life Orb or Throat Spray more badly.

I do like the idea of a rockstar mon receiving room service, though :)
It's been confirmed to have that weird area for speed- 70-80 base.

For shel lSmash Polteagiest, it really seems like it may have 4MSS. Shell smash for sure, and also stored power for that massive massive damage. Then you got to get stab with a shadow ball. After that, what do you use? Power sap is a great recovery move, but then pure dark pokemon just resist your attacks, and then Obstigoon and Alolan Raticate just ignore you completely. You can get Giga drain I suppose for the coverage and healing, but missing out on that attack lowering i think may be massive...

As for Toxcititry, That 1 new item seems perfect for it, the one that boosts all sound based moves. It has its unique movem and it got Boomburst right? any other good looking sound moves it gets? Shame the only poison sound move is belch and then you lose access to your held item to boost sound moves... And Belch is a 1 time use right? I never use it so don't know.

For shel lSmash Polteagiest, it really seems like it may have 4MSS. Shell smash for sure, and also stored power for that massive massive damage. Then you got to get stab with a shadow ball. After that, what do you use? Power sap is a great recovery move, but then pure dark pokemon just resist your attacks, and then Obstigoon and Alolan Raticate just ignore you completely. You can get Giga drain I suppose for the coverage and healing, but missing out on that attack lowering i think may be massive...

As for Toxcititry, That 1 new item seems perfect for it, the one that boosts all sound based moves. It has its unique movem and it got Boomburst right? any other good looking sound moves it gets? Shame the only poison sound move is belch and then you lose access to your held item to boost sound moves... And Belch is a 1 time use right? I never use it so don't know.
Item boosts SpA after using a Sound move, right? It just needs to click something like Overdrive or Boomburst before chucking Sludge Bombs.

Is it just me, or the total map seems very "small"?
Got the same impression as well. It's almost as if they cluttered everything to the north to fit the Wild Area in the south.

The one route I saw was ridiculously short too.

Out of curiosity what is he actually saying, hopefully nothing bad?
He's in a program called Los Ratones Coloraos that used to call famous people to talk about anything. Nowadays most programs try to ask some questions about their guests careers and so on but in this one you could expect weird conversations.

He's telling Jesús Quintero (the presenter) an anecdote that happened to him when he worked in a chiringuito (beach bar??) from Chipiona (a city from Cádiz, Andalucía, south Spain). The night before the events, the bar owner asked him to grab 20 paelleras and bury them in the beach coast (i don't know if you have a translation of this, but basically a paellera is this https://originalpaella.es/573-large_default/ebay.jpg and you use it to make paella, a typhical spanish dish), and so he did, because the day after some consumers were coming to eat paella.

When he arrived at the beach the tide had risen so much that only 1 paellera remained. When he came back at the bar wearing a swimsuit and with only 1 paellera in hand the bar owner asked him what tf happened to the other ones, and he oc told him that the others floated out and that the one he was grabbing wasn't even where he originally buried it, but fortunately trapped between some rocks far away from the coast.

The bar owner asked him "what do we do now with this 2 sacks of rice!? Phone Sevilla inmediatly (capital of Andalucía) and buy them some paelleras, now!" He ends saying "who knows where the rest of the paelleras are today, maybe they end up in that "oil boat", referring to the Prestige, an oil boat that caused a catastrophe some years ago in Spain, Portugal and France https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desastre_del_Prestige

Unlikely -- Defiant generally doesn't proc from self inflicted stat drops.
But room service is not a self inflictes per se, as it's not from a move used by a Pokemon, but from an item. Is there any item already in the game that decreases any stat so we can know about it?

Edit: also, did any of the leakers test Wide Guard with a Max Move?

Last edited:
Item boosts SpA after using a Sound move, right? It just needs to click something like Overdrive or Boomburst before chucking Sludge Bombs.

Got the same impression as well. It's almost as if they cluttered everything to the north to fit the Wild Area in the south.

The one route I saw was ridiculously short too.
Oh i misread it. I thought it boosts your power for all sounds moves. OK, so its a 1 time item, but still pretty good on it.

Is it just me, or the total map seems very "small"? I mean, there appears to be just few routes and 1 city per gym (i know wild area is "big"). But are we going to be able to explore all those mountains around the cities, specially in the south?
Devs said that Galar is enormous, but i can't see that...

View attachment 204873
Yup. It looks tiny. Maybe not on the level of the pathetic excuse for a region Alola was, but tiny. They had to focus their time and energy on making the Big Pokemon and Bigger Pokemon models though. That's what's important.

Did any leak show a starter gigantamax ? Also how many gigantamax in the game ?
Frankly I want them to be limited, I afraid all strategy will be lost because of it.

Did any leak show a starter gigantamax ? Also how many gigantamax in the game ?
Frankly I want them to be limited, I afraid all strategy will be lost because of it.
All known gigantmax forms are on the first page. As of writing this, no gigantmax for the starters (except Charizard).

Given what we know about gigantmax (you catch pokemon capable of gigantmaxing in raids or are given them as gifts, it doesn't pass by breeding. So a non-raid Gengar can't become gigantmax Gengar) I suspect there aren't gigantmax forms for Sobble, Grookey, and Scorbunny nor their evolutions.

I think you can access the box at any time in SwSh, so if you do end up over-leveled from Exp Share you can just drop a pokemon off for a few fights without needing to go back to a town

I think you can access the box at any time in SwSh, so if you do end up over-leveled from Exp Share you can just drop a pokemon off for a few fights without needing to go back to a town
From the stream notes I've seen on Reddit, the streamer said he made an effort to not battle any wild Pokémon beyond the mininum necessary to cross through areas, and yet the Pokémon on his team that had never even been used in a battle before still ended up levels above Bede's (the "powerful" rival) strongest Pokemon sheerly from passive leveling; the streamer's Pokemon being Levels 16-19 and Bede's being 13-15. If he evenly leveled his Pokémon rather than rely on his starter, I think his Pokémon would be in the 17-18 range, which is even worse. He would've had to drop off his entire team in the box in order to avoid this, which is quite a workaround at such an early stage in the game IMO. Of course you could also try to avoid as many trainers as possible too, but I find that avoiding both trainers and wild Pokémon kind of defeats some of the fun of playing a catching- and battling- game in the first place.

To say something positive about what's been revealed so far, I like that the legendary pokemon all have utility in raid battles with their dynamax-bane signature moves.

A big problem I've had for legendaries is that they tend to be useless in most competitive formats (even in-game), yet there are/were so many of them. So you get this really powerful 'mon but there's not much to do with it. Story is over, can't use it in the battle tower, VGC won't allow it for the first couple years, what's the point?

But since raids seem to be where all the goodies are at now everyone has incentive to use their legendaries. Despite this boon, hopefully post-game raids don't turn into 4 players all bringing their cover-dogs to the fight (and occasionally their eldritch dragon) just to spam dynamax-effective moves.

Also, yay poison! You finally got a legendary pokemon unless you count ultra beasts.

Are there any other male-/female-only new species apart from the Hattena and Impidimp line ?

Gossifleur and Milcery look a little bit like they might be female only...

To say something positive about what's been revealed so far, I like that the legendary pokemon all have utility in raid battles with their dynamax-bane signature moves.

A big problem I've had for legendaries is that they tend to be useless in most competitive formats (even in-game), yet there are/were so many of them. So you get this really powerful 'mon but there's not much to do with it. Story is over, can't use it in the battle tower, VGC won't allow it for the first couple years, what's the point?

But since raids seem to be where all the goodies are at now everyone has incentive to use their legendaries. Despite this boon, hopefully post-game raids don't turn into 4 players all bringing their cover-dogs to the fight (and occasionally their eldritch dragon) just to spam dynamax-effective moves.
I also like this. Hopefully it doesn't make raids too easy or too inundated with legendaries. Maybe only one player can use them? Much like only one player seems to be able to Dynamax; we have no idea how that works yet, do we?

USUM let you use legendaries in the Battle Tree's easy mode, though it was ruined by also disabling the level scaling. I'd like to see something like that again, where the Tower has a mode that lets you use legendaries for rewards. If nothing else, after pulling teeth while trying for my 50 streak in the Tree and getting haxed to death, tearing through all opposition with Ultra Necrozma was just satisfying.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)