SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Full Game Datamine General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really a fan of the edgy Mega Evolution retcon because it bastardizes the concept and in general sounds like it came straight out of badly written fanfic trying to be dark for the sake of it.
I'd say the opposite actually. The strain of increased power is a good explanation as to why Pokémon don't mega evolve naturally and can only support it in battle. Furthermore, it supports the lore about a strong bond being needed to tame the surge in power.

Personally looking forward to the lore for some of the more innocent Pokémon such as Lopunny and Audino. Also the primals and Ray because they are personal favorites.

Not really a fan of the edgy Mega Evolution retcon because it bastardizes the concept and in general sounds like it came straight out of badly written fanfic trying to be dark for the sake of it.
i kind of dig it because its so ridiculous and you kind of have to go out of your way to find the information

I think at least some of these were part of their design concept from the start, though. Gyarados doesnt become Dark type for kicks, for example; the xy site even briefly mentions things like
After Mega Evolving, Gyarados becomes more rough-tempered than ever and changes from a Water- and Flying-type Pokémon to a Water- and Dark-type Pokémon.
and
Only a trainer with very deep ties to Gyarados will be able to battle together with Mega Gyarados as a partner
Garchomp didnt get any fancy note beyond turning into sythes but just look at it. definitely an edgelord

e: ANd oh man they were definitely thinking about it with ORAS' megas. Glalie
The excessive energy from its Mega Evolution gushes out of its mouth, blasting away and destroying its jaw. It is no longer able to close its mouth, and the freezing air it emits becomes far stronger. It tosses foes into its gaping mouth, expelling a burst of chilled air to freeze them instantly.
beedrill
The poison it produces from its four limbs all work instantaneously, yet the poison it emits from its tail is slow-acting. It uses the former to prevent its foes from fleeing, and the latter to deal the finishing blow.
salamence to an extent
The energy from Salamence's Mega Evolution is focused on its wings. Its two wings fuse together, becoming a single huge wing in a crescent shape. When flying at high speeds, this wing becomes a great blade, slicing through anything loitering in Mega Salamence's way.

pokelego & festival plaza
Speaking of which, I think there should be a thread to share where we can get booths from each other when the game comes out.
What I mean is... If someone gets that godlike booth where we can buy MAX EV drinks then we can just clone them into our game and boom.

Does anyone know more information about the battle buffet

is it like the XY battle chataeu? the XY restaurants? The ORAS restaurant that you can only do once a day? Some other weird thing?

Sorry if this is out of topic, but I really want to know the solution to this issue. My nintendo network ID is set in US but I live in Malaysia, I know I can't use my credit card to "top up" money to purchase pokemon bank, but I heard I could buy some eshop cards? If that is true where can I buy those? Are those cards available locally in non-US gaming shops? Or is there another solution to this? I have tons of fully trained and perfectly bred mons that I just need to transfer.

Sorry if this is out of topic, but I really want to know the solution to this issue. My nintendo network ID is set in US but I live in Malaysia, I know I can't use my credit card to "top up" money to purchase pokemon bank, but I heard I could buy some eshop cards? If that is true where can I buy those? Are those cards available locally in non-US gaming shops? Or is there another solution to this? I have tons of fully trained and perfectly bred mons that I just need to transfer.
I'm not sure what issues you might run into due to being in Malaysia, but I believe you can buy codes through places like paypal or amazon. Purchasing the "card" on amazon should just send you the code?

I'm not sure what issues you might run into due to being in Malaysia, but I believe you can buy codes through places like paypal or amazon. Purchasing the "card" on amazon should just send you the code?
Ohh alright, the only issue i guess it's that there is no option to select "Malaysia" in the network ID. I was worried if i purchase through amazon or paypal it wouldn't work (because I assumed e-shop cards are locked in specific regions, which may led to me buying the wrong card. I guess I was probably wrong on that). Thanks!

Does anyone know more information about the battle buffet

is it like the XY battle chataeu? the XY restaurants? The ORAS restaurant that you can only do once a day? Some other weird thing?
I heard its pretty underwhelming and mostly just for getting a little bit of money.

Wimpod (Bug/Water 3): Spikes: Shellder; Aqua Jet/Wide Guard: Tirtouga, Harden: Pinsir
-Illegal: Metal Claw (Krabby)
Wimpod gets Metal Claw through Scizor (Level 21). Unless there's no Metal Coat in the games, which I frankly don't know. I do know Scyther's in the game, though.

Believe me, I've been doing my homework with the Golisopod line since it's my favorite gen 7 'mon.

Wimpod gets Metal Claw through Scizor (Level 21). Unless there's no Metal Coat in the games, which I frankly don't know. I do know Scyther's in the game, though.

Believe me, I've been doing my homework with the Golisopod line since it's my favorite gen 7 'mon.
Thanks, edited!

I heard its pretty underwhelming and mostly just for getting a little bit of money.
when you heard this, did they do it in the post game or the main game

because that's probably the only real method of grind beyond the post game encounter lists (and those will taper off quickly) & the elite 4 (which isnt terribly efficient) and its bad well...guess i have to abuse pokelego & drinks but even those just act as rare candies iirc so kinda subpar for grinding.

It's far better than the previous joke of an explanation. The mechanic is an over-the-top embarrassment, but in Gen VI it was like they went out of their way to make it as stupid as possible. It's reassuring that they've moved away from it -- even with the introduction of another embarrassing feature in Z-Moves -- but a shame they won't go full-measure and just get rid of it (with some of the Megas reinterpreted as normal evolutions). Scrapping the name "Mega Evolution" for something that sounds less like self-parody would be nice too.

can someone explain the concept of the poke pelego and festival/hyper training? i know the following:

• you can buy drinks that raise IVs/EVs
  • EVs can be reset
  • chaining with calling ally pokemon doubles EVs
  • something about bottlecaps that relate to the drinks
  • boosting/changing IVs doesn't affect things like hidden power etc.

i've been searching around trying to find a clear answer.

It's far better than the previous joke of an explanation. The mechanic is an over-the-top embarrassment, but in Gen VI it was like they went out of their way to make it as stupid as possible. It's reassuring that they've moved away from it -- even with the introduction of another embarrassing feature in Z-Moves -- but a shame they won't go full-measure and just get rid of it (with some of the Megas reinterpreted as normal evolutions). Scrapping the name "Mega Evolution" for something that sounds less like self-parody would be nice too.
Any explanation from XY was a joke.

i'm not sure what you'd call mega evolution that would be any less silly.

Hey, this has probably been addressed somewhere but is the pikachu with ash's hat actually called Ash-Pikachu? And are its stats the same as regular chu?

can someone explain the concept of the poke pelego and festival/hyper training?? i know the following:

• you can buy drinks that raise IVs/EVs
  • EVs can be reset
  • chaining with calling ally pokemon doubles EVs
  • something about bottlecaps that relate to the drinks
  • boosting/changing IVs doesn't affect things like hidden power etc.

i've been searching around trying to find a clear answer.
The IV thing isn't from drinks. Hyper Training is a separate thing - use bottle caps to raise a Lv100 Pokemon's stats. It makes the stat equivelant to max IVs without actually changing the IV, so Hidden Power is unaffected. On the downside, it can't pass perfect IVs via breeding, but you can just Hyper Train the hypothetical offspring anyway.

The drinks are purchased in the Festival Plaza. There are drinks that reset EVs and other drinks that max them out. You can buy one of each drink from a given store per day, and tehre are up to seven shops I think.

The IV thing isn't from drinks. Hyper Training is a separate thing - use bottle caps to raise a Lv100 Pokemon's stats. It makes the stat equivelant to max IVs without actually changing the IV, so Hidden Power is unaffected. On the downside, it can't pass perfect IVs via breeding, but you can just Hyper Train the hypothetical offspring anyway.

The drinks are purchased in the Festival Plaza. There are drinks that reset EVs and other drinks that max them out.
thank you!

so is there even a point in trying to get perfect IVs outside of egg moves or hidden power with the bottle caps? it seems completely pointless if you can just max out stats with the bottle caps.

i'm not sure what you'd call mega evolution that would be any less silly.
Sure (the real problem is the concept), but it couldn't possibly be worse. "Mega Evolution" sounds like it's meant to be a joke. It belongs in the "Chinpokomon" episode of South Park.

thank you!

so is there even a point in trying to get perfect IVs outside of egg moves or hidden power with the bottle caps? or is there a reason to still try to get perfect IVs anymore?
It depends on how easily obtainable Bottle Caps are. If they are rare, breeding might be helpful.
It also Future Proofs your Pokemon should they ever remove the Hyper Training boosts in later games, but I consider that highly unlikely. Even if they remove Hyper Training itself, they'd probably keep the flag that indicates boosted stats.

It depends on how easily obtainable Bottle Caps are. If they are rare, breeding might be helpful.
It also Future Proofs your Pokemon should they ever remove the Hyper Training boosts in later games, but I consider that highly unlikely. Even if they remove Hyper Training itself, they'd probably keep the flag that indicates boosted stats.
ok, so breeding is still a viable option should future games decide to not include hyper training/something of that vein or if caps are hard to find.

thanks a ton! a lot of info is going around and it's getting a bit hard to find stuff like this.

Can anyone confirm a way to see the EXACT NUMBER of your EVs? Like we used to do in XY ORAS with Reset Bags?
For the moment, it just looks like we have a graph with NO NUMBERS, and stats with full EVs sparkle. That's it.

Also, we have Bottle Caps that "raise one stat's IV" to 31, and Golden Bottle Caps to raise all stats to 31. What about setting it to 0? Like 0 Speed for Trick Room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)