SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Full Game Datamine General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget about the original Daycare Centre on the route west of Mauville.

Why doesn't Zygarde have it's own discussion thread? Anyways does anyone know if 50% Zygarde still has Aura Break as one of its abilities?
... you can't breed there...

Kinda stupid question, but does anyone know if the icon images of the new Pokémon and Alolan formes have been dumped? I like using the icons when planing teams as a way to visualize the team.

Err...yes you can.

If you're trying to say it's not an efficient place to breed since there's no infinite loop, that doesn't change the fact you can still breed there.
R-really?

Anyway, where's the daycare in SM and how far into the game is that?

Two things nobody is talking about. FLYGON gets DRAGON DANCE now! The dream is alive, Flygon to OU!

Also, Swellow got a huge boost to Sp. Attack (75 base now). Why is that significant? This mofo gets STAB Boomburst. Oh, they also gave it Hurricane this gen too. Specs Scrappy Boomburst Swellow new meta.
With DD, Flygon is like a much better Salamence. With dual STAB+Fire coverage is near unwallable. Is also faster than other Dragon Dancers, except for Zard X and Mence, but having inmunity to spikes and resistence to rocks

BL at minimum, and has a chance of getting OU. Its main drwaback is its lack of instant power tho

Swellow 2HKOes AV Tornadus... let that sink in for a moment

Has all the Z moves been accounted for?
Snorlax.
Raichu.
Pikachu.
Decidueye.
Incineroar.
Primarina.
Marshadow.
Mew.
Tapu Line.
Eevee.

Is that all. Does the mine thread contain these move info?

I think it was said that there were 11 Exclusive Z-Moves, right? If so, yes, that's all. Pikachu gets 2, Catastropika (regular Pikachu, I think) and 10,000,000 Volts Thunderbolt (Pikachu with cap).

I think it was said that there were 11 Exclusive Z-Moves, right? If so, yes, that's all. Pikachu gets 2, Catastropika (regular Pikachu, I think) and 10,000,000 Volts Thunderbolt (Pikachu with cap).
Oh thanks!
Was wondering where the last one went.

So Solgaleo and Lunala don't have Z moves?
That's so weird. Didn't it say they turned into radiant sun/full moon phase when using some moves?
Games a liar QQ

RIP Talonflame.

Also RIP Petilil. Sun has Cottonee as its exclusive. Fucking hell mate. Anyone know some potential replacements in case I don't want to trade for it via GTS?

Do the hat Pikachus have any stat changes, like lightball-without-the-lightball level changes? That would be epic and make the franchise mascot actually usable!

I believe its the opposite, the wild pokemon data dump was from moon and had Sandshrew but no Vulpix, suggesting that Sandshrew is the Moon exclusive

In this video you can see the location of 'mons in the window below the abilities and Vulpix only has Moon while Sandshrew has Sun (and it's the same location).

Edit : Wait in another video the two monkey also have only Sun or Moon but they are reverse from what we know from the official website. So yeah I think you are right and Vulpix is Sun while Sandshrew is Moon (so I don't know if it's really location of wild 'mon that we see :x ). (Fuck I need to go redo my Moon team :( )

In this video you can see the location of 'mons in the window below the abilities and Vulpix only has Moon while Sandshrew has Sun (and it's the same location).

Edit : Wait in another video the two monkey also have only Sun or Moon but they are reverse from what we know from the official website. So yeah I think you are right and Vulpix is Sun while Sandshrew is Moon (so I don't know if it's really location of wild 'mon that we see :x ). (Fuck I need to go redo my Moon team :( )
I felt the same way, was going to have Sandshrew on my Sun team but that's out the window now... At the very least Wimpod isn't version exclusive

It seems that nobody in any Pokemon forum was aware that several months after the announcement of SM GF sent private emails to people that were members of the Nintendo club and had bought several Pokemon games. Only a relatively small selection of emails were sent out (somewhere between a few hundred to a thousand max) asking if you wanted to take part of a extended online survey, with the results being analysed by GF themselves afterwards. The survey took somewhere between 30 min to a hour, where they asked what Pokemon games you owned, what you valued most in a Pokemon game and how much you had taken in from all the early SM advertisements that had come out. This was a very extensive survey and gave many opportunities to write your own personal opinions on what you did, and did not like about how the games are presented. They even asked things such as whether you value lots of new Pokemon in a generation or whether breathing new life into old mons was more important.

One open question they asked me was what they could do to improve the game for you, and my answer was that Ice types were too weak and they had nerfed psychic types too much from gen 1. I suggested that they either buff ice as a defence type or introduced hail abilities such as (what became) slush rush along with giving hail something none of the other weather type had. So what do GF do? They give Psychic terrain ability to a great new Pokemon and Mew a powerful Z-move that comes with a in-built psychic terrain. As for hail they give the weather the same ability perks the others have had for years and Aurora Veil to finally make those slow bulky ice types the unbreakable walls they were always meant to be.

I have no idea whether my suggestion impacted the game or whether I was already on their train of thought (probably the later), but I like to think that I played my part in making hail no longer a complete joke. Also Aloran Ninetales (by far my favourite gen 7 mon and a top 3 mon overall) is far better than I dared hope and its ability to set up dual screens on turn 1 plus speed may be enough to make it OU viable. Gen 7 is already my second favourite gen easily and it might even beat gen 2 to the No 1 spot if the in-game play is good. Well done GF :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)