SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Full Game Datamine General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone really said anything about Pheromossa? This thing is like the text book definition of a glass cannon. 151 speed, fastest this gen, and 137 Attack and Special attack. Plus it gets Quiver dance, but not sure if it can risk doing any setting up with that horrible bulk, still an option. Also gets some powerful attacks on both sides. Lunge, Bug Buzz for bug, High Jump Kick and Focus Blast for fighting. Also gets poison jab and ice beam, so you could go a mixed wall crushed with expert belt.

Not sure which would be best though. She could go the mixed attacker, or a quiver dancer... I just see quiver dancer being harder to set up... but paired with Tapu lele...
Pheramossa will be quickbanned to ubers, guaranteed, the only check it has is Talonflame and with Tapu Lele support that is no longer a reliable check. Xurkitree and the Grass/Steel Katana one will also probably be banned in short order since both will be ridiculous as scarfers.

I personally find Toxapex interesting. Exceptionally slow, but Merciless looks like a nice ability. (Although with a physical attack score of 63, it's going to need it.) Baneful Bunker, Liquidation, Poison Jab, Recover?

I personally find Toxapex interesting. Exceptionally slow, but Merciless looks like a nice ability. (Although with a physical attack score of 63, it's going to need it.) Baneful Bunker, Liquidation, Poison Jab, Recover?
Baneful Bunker/Toxic Spikes/Scald/Recover, or take out Baneful Bunker and put in Venoshock/Haze. IMO of course. If you're running Venoshock, Merciless might be better.

Kommo-o with Z-belly drum and automomize going to reck shop if you dont watch out!
I think Kommo-O will be a star to come out of this gen. It looks really strong, access to good boosting moves (DD, SD, BD), poison jab, can go mixed if it wants, and pretty good bulk as well as a decent speed tier for a dancer.

Am I missing something about the video vs the file?
Vulpix has freeze-dry in the video

The file we have though says no freeze-dry and we have heat wave even though heat wave wasn't in the video?
https://paste.ee/r/zYMUr
This might be another case of Gamefreak showing combinations that don't exist, like Disarming Voice on Ralts (might be wrong about this) or one of the elemental punches on Blaziken which Gamefreak later stated was an error.

I can't find the Zygarde formes' base stats in the mined data, where are they to be seen?
Zygarde 10%: 54/100/71/61/85/115
100% form: 216/100/121/91/95/85

Am I missing something about the video vs the file?
Vulpix has freeze-dry in the video

The file we have though says no freeze-dry and we have heat wave even though heat wave wasn't in the video?
https://paste.ee/r/zYMUr
Ice Punch Blaziken all over again?

I've seen some confusion regarding changes to some moves (specifically knock off, which does not seem to be nerfed), so I am compiling all of the move changes here that are found from this pasteee that I found on KazoWAR's twitter: https://paste.ee/r/mvJ70

You can find changes by searching for "(!)" (no quotations).

Nerfs:

Sucker Punch: 70 BP (was 80)
Tackle: 40 BP (was 50) (we knew this from a preview)
Thunder Wave: 90% Accuracy (was 100%) (we knew this from the demo)
Swagger: 85% Accuracy (was 90%)
Dark Void: 50% Accuracy (was 80%) (also apparently can only be used by Darkrai!)

Buffs:

Leech Life: 80 BP (was 20 lol) (also now only has 10 base PP instead of 15, but who actually cares)
Ally Switch: +2 Priority (was +1)
Flying Press: 100 BP (was 80)
Fell Stinger: 50 BP (was 30)
Parabolic Charge: 65 BP (was 50)
Diamond Storm: 50% chance for +2 Defense for the user (was +1 Defense)
Mystical Fire: 75 BP (was 65)

Also, something we've known from the demo, and is both a change and a slight form-dependent buff
Water Shuriken: Now boosted by Battle Bond (50-100%?), Special (was Physical)

Also, one other random stat buff that I found that was not already identified by Kaphotics:

Mega Alakazam: Special Defense 105 (was 95)

So barring any errors or omissions, that's it for move changes. That means that Knock Off is still 65 BP, and probably gives the 50% damage boost against Pokemon holding an item. If I find out otherwise, I'll be sure to mention it.

I'm surprised no one's mentioned this yet. I can see IGN rating SM 7.8/10 too many slow 'mons.

Gen 7 had a lot of 'mons with good designs, Abilities, moves and types and GF wasted all that by giving most of the 'mons shitty Base speeds. I'm honestly disappointed in most of the new 'mons from a competitive view point.

Magnetic Flux. Actually not new, it learned it last gen

The user manipulates magnetic fields which raises the Defense and Sp. Def stats of ally Pokémon with the Plus or Minus Ability.
Oh gotcha. Neveeeer even heard of it for obvious reasons now that I read it

I'm surprised no one's mentioned this yet. I can see IGN rating SM 7.8/10 too many slow 'mons.

Gen 7 had a lot of 'mons with good designs, Abilities, moves and types and GF wasted all that by giving most of the 'mons shitty Base speeds. I'm honestly disappointed in most of the new 'mons from a competitive view point.
Don't even bring up that 7.8 joke. It just made everyone look ignorant to how video game ratings work (a 7 = good, not a C like school grades) and ignorant to what the review actually said. (The reviewer thought Sapphire had too many water enemies resulting in certain types like fire/ground being difficult to level and made it too easy to overlevel electric/grass types) Which is competely understandable.

Last edited:
Pheramossa will be quickbanned to ubers, guaranteed, the only check it has is Talonflame and with Tapu Lele support that is no longer a reliable check. Xurkitree and the Grass/Steel Katana one will also probably be banned in short order since both will be ridiculous as scarfers.
Think it will huh? Think offical pokemon will allow it right away? I am tempted to put it in my Moon team, even if I have 5 special attackers(if I go for the Quiver dance set, which I might if I pair her with Tapu Lele and Oricorio Senzu.) Can you get away with a mostly 1 favorited attacking team? Normally I try to spred a bit but I am liking this Ladies only Moon team with Primarina, Oricorio Senzu, Peramossa, Tapu Lele, Tsareena, and Salazzle.

I knew I was going to enjoy using it on my sun team just going by the design, but those stats and ability make it much more interesting. I'm thinling that Baneful Bunker, Venoshock, Recover, and surf. With Baneful Bunker you should get pretty reliable Poisons out on most of the team. Can maybe have someone else on my team with toxic too just in case. (Sun team is that, Alolan Ninetails even if I need to trade for her, Inceniroar, The ghost sandcastle(With surf from this guy doing such little damage thats a free high defense boost for it), Kommo-o, and Oricorio Pom Pom)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)