SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Demo Discussion

Yeah I hope they can change that in the options button, I'm way too comfortable with using the d pad especially since I'm worried that my circle-pad will become messed up...Also the fight button not being in the center was really uncomfortable, it was in the center for 3 generations in a row, which is like 10 years for me.

Yeah I hope they can change that in the options button, I'm way too comfortable with using the d pad especially since I'm worried that my circle-pad will become messed up...Also the fight button not being in the center was really uncomfortable, it was in the center for 3 generations in a row, which is like 10 years for me.
I feel the same way. I use the D-Pad for all my other games I can. This is just going to be hard because I had like one 3DS already get a messed up circle-pad

Judging by the way they mention Kahili, I think she is going to be a Trial Captain or a Kahuna. There's the chance she is in the video and we don't know yet. And also there's the possibility she will get revealed on October 27th (possibly along with Alolan Dugtrio).

EDIT: By the way, does somebody know what the "Free Space" section in the bag does?

Last edited:
I've talked to the mysterious old guy 5 times and he's said something different every time and the game saves every time afterwards so there might be more to him

I've talked to the mysterious old guy 5 times and he's said something different every time and the game saves every time afterwards so there might be more to him
After the fifth time you talk to him he keeps saying the same thing (I spoke to him 10 times). He really doesn't have anything.

Can't you evolve pokemon in the demo? I tried leveling up Pipipek to level 31 and nothing. Even if it just evolves once, i doubt it evolves after level 30, being an early game com mon.

Because trying to check requires so much friggin grinding.

Can't you evolve pokemon in the demo? I tried leveling up Pipipek to level 31 and nothing. Even if it just evolves once, i doubt it evolves after level 30, being an early game com mon.

Because trying to check requires so much friggin grinding.
They turned every non-involved Pokemon into Pikachu, so they also disabled evolutions to said Pokemon.

(Out of curiosity, what were the invisible moves and items turned into?)

The Poke Finder had version upgrades, with ver. 2 introducing the zoom feature compared to ver. 1. This probably means we will have further upgrades. Stuff like showing the Pokemon's first move or hidden ability or held items? I wouldn't complain if the DexNav features returned in this form.

EDIT: Also using the Poke Finder is the only instance the 3D slider actually does anything in the demo.

Just played the demo. Things feel so different when playing on the console instead of an emulator... but it could also be helped by the fact the newest Pokemon games I've played was White 2.

Some small pieces I liked or noticed:
- Ash-Greninja keeps the form change after switching out. Mine is also Hardy, so I guess it's far more than confirmed that its nature is fixed.
- Gigavolt Havoc's description hints not all offensive Z Moves will behave like it (in that their Base Power depends on the move it's used on)
- Liking the fact you can encounter Pokemon through PokeSnap, as well as the fact you can move the camera by moving the 3DS.
- NOT liking the fact you cannot take screenshots through Miiverse. Hoping it's just because it's the demo.
- What's up with all those Slowpoke and Machamp?

Also, I think I now understand what those still images are used for: the Pokemon Center healing animation (though nothing prevents them from being used in other situations).

Last edited:
Just played the demo. Things feel so different when playing on the console instead of an emulator... but it could also be helped by the fact the newest Pokemon games I've played was White 2.

Some small pieces I liked or noticed:
- Ash-Greninja keeps the form change after switching out. Mine is also Hardy, so I guess it's far more than confirmed that its nature is fixed.
- Gigavolt Havoc's description hints not all offensive Z Moves will behave like it (in that their Base Power depends on the move it's used on)
- Liking the fact you can encounter Pokemon through PokeSnap, as well as the fact you can move the camera by moving the 3DS.
- NOT liking the fact you cannot take screenshots through Miiverse. Hoping it's just because it's the demo.
- What's up with all those Slowpoke and Machamp?

Also, I think I now understand what those still images are used for: the Pokemon Center healing animation (though nothing prevents them from being used in other situations).
It was like that with Pokémon XY/ORAS :/

Silly excuse to block your way.

Also I always forget; where do we save?
It saves automatically after completing a mision, getting an item, by starting the game or talking with Mr Misterious

I haven't played too much of the demo, but I have to say I've been enjoying it thus far. I like that the atmosphere is bright and cheerful.
I also like the small details Game Freak added, like having the Slowpokes turn to face you if you stand next to them. The vending machine inside the Ferry Terminal with drinks for 1 million Pokedollars made me laugh.

It's a demo. Why would they make you download all of that useless stuff? They trim it all out. Bravely Default demo had zero conversation among the main characters while in the main game they wouldn't shut up.
Makes no sense to me, wouldn't it cost more money to remove that stuff when they already finished the game and have the data already in?

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I was underwhelmed by the demo itself, but I love the Team Skull music. Unless I'm doing something wrong it seems you can't keep the mons you capture in the capturing game.

Glad to see all the data that was mined out of it.

I was underwhelmed by the demo itself, but I love the Team Skull music. Unless I'm doing something wrong it seems you can't keep the mons you capture in the capturing game.

Glad to see all the data that was mined out of it.
No, this is how it is. The guy says that all Pokémon are released once you finish the challenge. Which is truly a pity, because I would have loved to face the other Trainers with those Pokémon…

But speaking of that challenge, am I the only one who is annoyed to not be able to heal the caught Pokémon in any way, excluding the Super Potion and the Heal Balls?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)