Project Pokemon Smogon OU Version 3.0 (Fairy Gym - Medieval Town)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright guys, we are heading toward the southern island for our 5th Gym! The council has decided that the type will be Rock, to showcase a great offensive typing as well as the power of Sand teams. As for the route leading up to it it'll be a grassy, sandy route with lots of streams and waterfalls. Happy posting!

Friends have asked me to submit a team, and I never let teh fiends down

I've got an old team that I dont use much anymore, so I suppose I'll give it to Smogon Version!

Anyway on to the trainer: Rockstar guy Pheonix
I dont really know anyone on the forums who fits this description, so I guess I'll go with the old guitar dude trainer from ingame.

pre-battle quote: "LETS ROCK IT MAN"

Post-Battle quote (Win): "Sigh, even with all these legendairies and a bad-ass super computer I still cant win? I guess I'll never make it big.."

Post-Battle quote (lose): "WOO YEAH, NOW OFF TO BAND PRACTISE!"

The Team: http://pastebin.com/U8WVVWef (pretty badass if you as me)

Trainer location: Near the start of the route, next to a stream

Hope you guys like it :], I'll submit a team+Trainer every week from now on, because its fun and this thread needs more activity

Friends have asked me to submit a team, and I never let teh fiends down

I've got an old team that I dont use much anymore, so I suppose I'll give it to Smogon Version!

Anyway on to the trainer: Rockstar guy Pheonix
I dont really know anyone on the forums who fits this description, so I guess I'll go with the old guitar dude trainer from ingame.

pre-battle quote: "LETS ROCK IT MAN"

Post-Battle quote (Win): "Sigh, even with all these legendairies and a bad-ass super computer I still cant win? I guess I'll never make it big.."

Post-Battle quote (lose): "WOO YEAH, NOW OFF TO BAND PRACTISE!"

The Team: http://pastebin.com/U8WVVWef (pretty badass if you as me)

Trainer location: Near the start of the route, next to a stream

Hope you guys like it :], I'll submit a team+Trainer every week from now on, because its fun and this thread needs more activity
Looks cool, but are we sure we want four random legends? I know we have the Legend Map and all now, but it still seems a little weird.

Im fine with multiple legendary teams. This is ou the game and ive seen many teams on showdown that have 5 or 6 lol. As long as such teams remain rare and are not spamed it should be fine.

Besides its a good way to demonstrate legends dont equal auto-win like some think

Last edited:
Pokemon proposal: Gothitelle (Rare)
Reason: Shadow Tag trapper, Stall breaker that breaks down stall cores
Found: in Caves close to the beach during the day. On the beach at night time
Item: Choice Specs 5%

Pokemon Proposal: Reinulcus (Rare)
Reason: Bulky psychic whom can run multiple sets including specs regonorater and magic guard calm mind
Found: In the ruined Futuristic buildings north of recreant
Item: Babiri Berry 10%, Colbur Berry 5%

Sebberball

formerly BoXeD
Built off of CoC's Post above me

Pokemon prop: Duosion (medium rate of finding)
Reasoning, from above when it is found, it can be used when it evolves as a
Bulky psychic whom can run multiple sets including specs regonorater and magic guard calm mind
Found, ruined futuristic buildings like it was mentioned.
Items: Babari Berry 15% Tanga Berry 10% Leftovers 5%
(All credit for this idea is for CoC)
Pokemon prop 2: Chansey (High to Medium rate)
Reasoning, Chansey has a lot of uses within the games, whether or not to get a Lucky Egg, a wall, or even some extra EXP.
Found: Near the beach (day) Near the city (night)
Items: Lucky Egg 25% (that one Chansey item that is useless) 15% Eviolite 5%

Pokemon Prop 3: Diglett or Dugtrio (Very High)
Reasoning: Diglett and Dugtrio have a usage in OU and can be used to beat the rock gym, having speed and resisting Sandstorm and Ground + Rock moves and beating them with EQ or Magnitude
Found: On the beach during the day ONLY
Items: Soft Sand 50% Hard Rock 50%

Scripted Trainer On The Island: What he does: "upgrades" certain moves, if you have a Pokemon with a Weaker move, say magnitude, he will change it* to Earthquake in exchange for a Heart Scale, or Flamethrower -> Fire Blast, or Water Gun -> Hydro Pump, Aqua Tail -> Waterfall, Work-Up -> Swords Dance or Nasty Plot.
*if the Pokemon has it in its moveset

NPC Suggestion

Herb Gardener
Location: In a little ruined building in the northern part that she has turned into a garden.
This woman will give you a free herb once a day, randomly picked from Power/Mental/White/Bitter.
Script: "Oh, hey there! I'm the herb gardener! Are you looking for some of my famous, fresh-grown herbs? They're completely free; taking care of Pokémon is my mission in life."
Y/N
If Y: "Oh, great! Take this herb!" (gives random herb)
If Power Herb: "The Power Herb is a powerful plant that can speed up a two-turn move! I hear it's useful for all sorts of Pokémon, from Hawlucha to Heatran! Don't use it on, like, Fly or something, though. That would be stupid."
If Mental Herb: "The Mental Herb is a mystical plant that can wake up a Pokémon from mental effects like Taunt! You should use it on a support Pokémon so they can get their job done well."
If White Herb: "The White Herb is an odd plant that can erase any negative stat changes! Why don't you use it on a Shell Smasher, like Cloyster?"
Then: "Come back tomorrow for another herb!"
If N: "Oh, ok. See me if you want any herbs."

Pokemon Proposal:
Clefable L45-50
Rate: Rare
Item: Moon Stone 5%
Clefable is a fantastic pokemon in OU with tons of utility to go with a great typing and awesome abilities. Moon Stone can be used to evolve Clefairy.

Water:
Wartortle L35-40
Rate: Common
Gives player another spinner with good power in its mega form

Blastoise L45
Rate: Rare
See above

:)

Sebberball

formerly BoXeD
Useful NPC prop:
Dowser Emma or Dowser Liam (depending on players gender)
When talking to them "Howdy! Have You Ever Heard Of Dowsing?"
Y/N
"Well, to put it simply, dowsing is finding items you can't see with your bare eyes, you use dowsing items to find them! You can even find battle items a lot of the time, like Life Orbs and Choice Items!"
"So, would you like to dowse?"
Y/N
N: "Oh... I see... Come back if you ever want to dowse.."
Y: "Yay! Here, Take this dowsing machine!"
After receiving it; "Hey, if you ever find some rare items, like Big Nuggets, or ancient pottery, I'll give you 5 heart scales, or 3 Rare Candies! So bring some treasures if you want those items!"

Last edited:
NPC Prop:
Swimmer (male) Colton

Pokemon: Marill 48, Azumarill 48, Gyarados 50,

Text when seen: "I Love To Swim With My Powerful Water Types! Would You Like To See Them?"

Mariel's his lead, move set is:
Belly Drum
Waterfall
Superpower
Aqua Jet

Same set for Azumarill

Gyarados
His set is
Dragon Dance
Waterfall
Ice Fang
Earthquake

When he is beat text: "No! Now I can't swim With my precious Pokemon!"
When You Are Beat: "Haha! I told you my water types were powerful!"

When you talk to him after the Battle: "I hope to get even better at battles and swimming..!"

Useful NPC prop:
Dowser Emma or Dowser Liam (depending on players gender)
When talking to them "Howdy! Have You Ever Heard Of Dowsing?"
Y/N
"Well, to put it simply, dowsing is finding items you can't see with your bare eyes, you use dowsing items to find them! You can even find battle items a lot of the time, like Life Orbs and Choice Items!"
"So, would you like to dowse?"
Y/N
N: "Oh... I see... Come back if you ever want to dowse.."
Y: "Yay! Here, Take this dowsing machine!"
After receiving it; "Hey, if you ever find some rare items, like Big Nuggets, or ancient pottery, I'll give you 5 heart scales, or 3 Rare Candies! So bring some treasures if you want those items!"
Love the dowsing guy, but unfortunately, a three-mon mono-Water team won't cut it in this region. By now, everyone has a full team and often a Mega, so you might want to work on that a little.

Long time lurker first (second but w/e) time poster. Blah de blah.

I remember Chou mentioned that there couldn't be any officially supported ROM hacks... I don't know exactly what that means for us, but I don't think you should talk about it here. I mean, it's in the OP.

And correct me if I'm wrong... But I don't think we ever gave away any rods besides maybe old? If we didn't, maybe this would be a good place to give out the super rod, and maybe retcon the for rid on earlier. Cuz we're pretty high leveled now, and I think we need access to better Magikarp.

Trainer proposal (ignore if the rods were given out already)
Fisherman Frodo
Script:
"Hey there young fella. How're the fish bitin'? What you're using that gimpy Old / Good Rod? Tell ya what, I'll give you this bright shiny new Super Rod! Ah but there's a catch. Nothing's free in life ya know young whippersnapper. Nope, you gotta beat up an old man to get this baby. Whaddya say?
Yes: (Battle Begins)
No: Wha? Why not young fella? You scared of a gray beard like me...
HAHAHAHAHAHA well you may be right there. I'm no pushover. Thanks for the laugh anyway young fella. Enjoy your rod that's older than me.

TEAM:
Politoed (M) @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
Level: 68
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Protect
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Scald

Dragonite @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Multiscale
Level: 67
EVs: 76 Atk / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Mild Nature
- Hurricane
- Aqua Tail
- Thunder
- Extreme Speed

Cloyster @ King's Rock
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Hydro Pump
- Shell Smash

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Stealth Rock

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Relaxed Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Toxic Spikes

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Level: 70
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Flash Cannon
- Rain Dance

Last Pokemon out (Kingdra) quote: Don't you think I'm beat yet young fella. I've still got an ace up my sleeve...
Losing Quote: Well darn it all to heck! I've gone and lost to a young lad / lass.
Winning Quote: Heh, guess you won't be needing my rod then.
After Battle: Well then a promise is a promise, ain't that right young fella? Here's the Super Rod.
(Gives to player)
Afterwards, if talked to again: Trawl the oceans and rivers young fella. You never know what'll bite your rod. Water is an excellent defensive type, so you should get some on yer team.

Err yeah will finish this in a month. Computer power, activate!
EDIT: MO, not month, MO. Goddammit autocorrect.

Last edited:
Ok quick update. Haunters Place in the game is to be replaced by AM who's now head of the OU council tho Thus far he has only appeared during the blacklist incident in Psycrance but I'll bring AM back later during the final TLS battle or something. In addition I kinda promised Nostalgia I would bring in Aim so probably gym town 6 or something for him.

Anyway in spirit with a recent Viability list update Im gonna make a new proposal based on 1 of my favourite pokemon. Thats right Roserade

Pokemon Proposal: Roserade (Super Rare)
Reason: T-spikes setter, Specially offensive grass type that doesn't take up a mega slot + checks fairies unlike celebi
Found: In grass Patch's Close to fresh water and in Futuristis ruins

Pokemon Proposal: Roselia (Common)
Reason: Same as roserade
Found: Same as roserade

Location Proposal: Ruined Basement
Pokemon: Huanter, Sableye, Duosion
Summary: Basically a staircase going underground leads you into this 1 room location. Big room with debrie, an on floor Item and a shady NPC who claims to buy goods at a high price while selling trinkets of his own, Mostly junk I'll add
Item: Ability Capsule
NPC (Shady luarence): Ahhhh hello trainer.....Come looking to buy and sell.... some fine ware's. I can buy what you dont want at a high price......Interested? Thought you might interested when you stumbled down here. (Proceeds to offer rip off prices for goods like potions) Hmmm not to your liking hey trainer....., Maybe I should sell something. Here..you go... Take a look

Later talks: Bhahaha back to buy hey....Nobody can resist my price's

Inventory: Lemonade, Soda Pop, Water, Full heal, Strange Egg (hatchs Wynaut), Strange Egg 2 (Hatchs 4IV HP ground Eevee), Strange Egg 3 (Hatch's 3IV HP Rock Larvesta)

Edit: Removed Celebi charm because we already have 1 buyable charm and we are trying to avoid repeats lol. So somebody else wanna do something with the charm like a cave event or something to build up the route?

Last edited:
OK, first time posting here so I hope I am doing this right

Pokemon proposal: Azumarill (Rare)
Reason: A good Water-type Pokemon that can fulfil multiple roles such as wallbreaker (CB), sweeper (BD) or tank (AV). It also helps to defeat Rock and Ground type Pokemon easier (in which Ttar, Hippowdon and Excadrill are).
Found: Water and perhaps the Grass area near the stream. This is because Marill (of BW2) is found in an area similar to this, with streams and grass besides it.

Pokemon Proposal: Poliwhirl (Rare)
Reason: Rain inducer when it evolves into a Politoed. Also, a cool option to check Sharpedo and Keldeo as well as several Sand cores if it evolves into a Poliwrath
Found: Water (Fishing in river) and Grass near the area. Wild Poliwhirls are found either by fishing or Grass near a water source (in HGSS and BW2)
Item: Water Stone (5 %) - a reference to Pokemon Special where Red's Poliwhirl randomly finds a Water Stone and evolving.

Pokemon proposal: Gyarados (Super Rare)
Reason: Gyarados can be a terrifying DD sweeper or a tank to take hits from Keldeo and Landorus-I with its Specially Defensive spread. If EV-ed in Def, it can also easily take on Excadrill.
Found: Water near the Waterfall. Magikarp evolving into Gyarados is based on the legend of a carp evolving into a dragon after it clears a waterfall

Last edited:
Thanks for proposals random passerby. Gyarados and azumarill are fine nominations, actually azumarill is one of my favorite fairies. However poliwhirl i have doubts on. While poliwrath does have a definate niche im not sure how impactful it is and it hasnt at anypoint in oras been on the viability thread unless im mistaken.

I'll leave any decision to fellow council members on poliwhirl. Aside from that welcome to the thread and we look foward to more contributions

Edit: derped and forgot poliwhirl evolved into poliotoad

Last edited:

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
Politoed also evolves from Poliwhirl, so we could include Poliwhirl in the route. Creator of Chaos I'm doubting Roserade, it recently left the viability rankings actually. I'm liking BoxedOccaBerrys' idea of the guy who upgrades your moves in exchange for heart scales too.

edit: yeah idk thought there was a post about it being a joke but obviously it hasn't haha, my bad

Last edited:
Yeah Poliwhirl is fine imo. Politoed carries an entire playstyle and Poliwrath has a neat phazing set so I think it's fine.

Anyway, what's a pokemon game without the nugget man?

NPC Proposal: Nugget Man
Dialogue: "I'm the Nugget Man! I travel the world looking for fine ores, but I'm afraid I have to many now...Would you take some off my hands?"
If yes: "Oh aren't you a golden fellow!"
If no: "Alright, I'll give it to someone else"
First time is Big Nugget, every day after that is a regular Nugget. Refreshes once a day.

Lol i forget poliwhirl evolved into polietoad. How stupid of me XD and one of my showdown teams uses the bugger....Derp on my part. Yeah poliwhirl is fine here. My apologies to Random passersby

DarkNostalgia rose is c- in the last update check page 27 and 1. XD

Edit: derped and forgot poliwhirl evolved into poliotoad
How can you forget that when I state it directly in the paragraph lol. Anyway, as an alternative to Gyarados holding a Gyaradosite, why don't we have an NPC there who will give it to you if you fished up a Magikarp which is EV trained (sort of like the Lake of Rage Fisherman who gives you items when you show him a Magikarp of a certain size). You can have Magikarp as commons if you want to implement this idea.

Last edited:
We're roughly 60-65 rn. We still need a couple of trainers on this route but we should be getting to the 6th gym fairly soon.

Pokemon proposal: Swablu (Common)
Reason: Can evolve into Altaria who, similar to Azumarill, can fulfill multiple roles in a team
Found: Grass area anywhere along the road and river. Swablu can be found in the grass near Meteor Falls in Hoenn and Abundant Shrine in Unova. It can also appear in the grass near the sandy routes because Cloud Nine allows it to survive in a harsher environment.

Sebberball

formerly BoXeD
Retry at my swimmer

Swimmer Colton (male)

I love using my Pokemon in the water, they love swimming with me!

Team:
Rotom-Wash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Level: 63
EVs: 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Will-O-Wisp

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Bug]

Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Level: 65
EVs: 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Hammer Arm

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder Wave
- Psychic

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Last Pokemon out quote: "Haha! I have an ace up my sleeve... Even though I have no sleeves!"

Losing quote: "Augh! Why did I lose? I have covered all of my weaknesses!"
Winning quote: "Told you Pokemon are good in the water!"

Talk to him after you win

"I guess I need to practice swimming more..."

Edit: @DarkNostaliga I have the npc coded, it actually works well, but it had trouble with water moves...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)