Pokemon Platinum - The definitive thread.

Do you think there will be a sequel?

• Yes

Votes: 487 96.1%
  • No

Votes: 20 3.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or maybe an event much like the ghost Marowak in RBY and FRLG, were you couldn't catch it and had to defeat it in order for it it return to the afterlife. Maybe in Platinum, you have to defeat Dialga and Palkia for them to return to their rightful dimension.
Exactly! Forgot about that ghost Marowak.

'Course, Shaymin would have to be able to be caught without an event, or else there would be a lack of available legends compared to D/P. And if Shaymin indeed has a new form/type, I have a feeling it will be available for capture .

If this game is actually coming out, the supposed release date in Japan is September-ish.

What I want is baby forms of the legends. That'd be cool. Maybe make it possible to breed legends somehow and get these baby versions. That'd make it broken though so they'd have to get some requirement on what you have to do to gain that ability.... hmm. Maybe an event item?

What I want is baby forms of the legends. That'd be cool. Maybe make it possible to breed legends somehow and get these baby versions. That'd make it broken though so they'd have to get some requirement on what you have to do to gain that ability.... hmm. Maybe an event item?
Legends don't even have genders. Phione is just some freak mutant that imo shouldn't even exist. The majority of legends cannot have baby forms, as they

1. Popped out of nowhere (from Arceus or Ho-Oh, which in turn was made by Arceus)
2. Is man-made (Mewtwo)
3. Are one of a kind, thus no babies (Mew, Sprite trio, Bird trio?)
4. Would have ridiculous pre-evos (Regi babies lol)

The only ones I can see having babies are the Lati's. Even then, new Pokemon are 99% out of the question until the fifth generation.

Legends don't even have genders. Phione is just some freak mutant that imo shouldn't even exist. The majority of legends cannot have baby forms, as they

1. Popped out of nowhere (from Arceus or Ho-Oh, which in turn was made by Arceus)
2. Is man-made (Mewtwo)
3. Are one of a kind, thus no babies (Mew, Sprite trio, Bird trio?)
4. Would have ridiculous pre-evos (Regi babies lol)

The only ones I can see having babies are the Lati's. Even then, new Pokemon are 99% out of the question until the fifth generation.
Actually, there were baby Lugias portrayed in the anime, and there is reason to believe that the Mews in the Mewtwo movie and the Lucario movie are different Mews based on personality.

Although I would agree with most of the trios being created and one of a kind, there are some pokemon that are merely rare and legendary.

I'll double check my source, but the DS games have empty data slots for locations, items etc. that can be updated through another device or game. Also keep in mind Nintendo has patched previous games, like the berry glitch in R/S. It seems plausible that the new forms could be visible on the old carts after an update.

Maybe there gonna add something with that statue you can touch and leave your fingerprints on, or that one room you cant get into in that mansion or w/e (sorry the names and locations of these places arent with me lol)

Perhaps with a new form, Shaymin will be regularly accessible in the game. The Japanese release of Platinum would be about the time Shaymin would become publicly available, wouldn't it? Following the trend of cherish ball manaphy, darkrai...

Really? Now I'm getting excited for this. How where the older games patched for the berry glitch? Was it with the Colloseum bonus disc? Maybe Nintendo will finally use that wifi feature that so far has been useless.

about the baby forms, i'd settle for level 5 babies...even if they weren't accessible until the end of the game.

maybe you battle one, and it flies off, leaving behind an egg. i can see that working for the birds, most especially.

Perhaps with a new form, Shaymin will be regularly accessible in the game. The Japanese release of Platinum would be about the time Shaymin would become publicly available, wouldn't it? Following the trend of cherish ball manaphy, darkrai...
The Japanese Shaymin event happens July 19th through... maybe September. I guess if September is the potential release date of Platinum, there might be some overlap, but yeah Shaymin would be public knowledge.

Really? Now I'm getting excited for this. How where the older games patched for the berry glitch? Was it with the Colloseum bonus disc? Maybe Nintendo will finally use that wifi feature that so far has been useless.
The US Pokemon Colosseum Bonus Disc can do that, yes. Just before actually giving you the Jirachi, it says it's explicitly checking to see if your berry program needs to be updated.

yah lol there are a lot of possibilities...

poor luxray probably wont get volt tackle though, its a signature move for the pichu line.

Heatran does. Perhaps that is the reason for the 'tran' in his/her name.
Yeah Heatran's name origin is hot transexual..XD.
As for baby forms..I don't think so..there are Lugia babies in anime..but that's it I guess..about Manaphy and Phione..I don't know..but then again Phione isn't exactly the pre-evo of Manaphy anyway.. maybe just Ditto attempting to make a M-mimic XD.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
FireRed and LeafGreen games would patch R/S too.

The funny fact is that you needed to press a strange combination of buttons to go to the Berry Patch's "program"... Once I did it either in my Ruby or FireRed (can't remember) without any connection available (so the game wouldn't even try to transfer/receive any patch), and I got into a screen that looks like a AR screen. You know, when you boot the Acton Replay/Game Shark along with the GBA game? That's what happened with me, and I never used one in my GBA games... ANYWAY

Kagster123, Leaf Blade was a signature move for Sceptile and yet Leafeon and Gallade got it in D/P. I know Pikachu is too special for Nintendo, but only God knows what they have in mind... They already made Surfing Pikachu with only one possible (sucky) nature.

High quality version of the scan appeared, hopefully the others will surface soon too:
No more scarf for the male hero, but the red beret remains...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)