Pokemon Platinum - The definitive thread.

Do you think there will be a sequel?

• Yes

Votes: 487 96.1%
  • No

Votes: 20 3.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would certainly like a new battle frontier. I don't care much about the new forms, I wasn't planing to use those pokemon. Also a random function with wi-fi would be nice. Like in PBR.

Yeah I can't wait for the new Battle Frontier, but I wish the AI would switch around or battles would be 6 vs 6 and no just 3 vs 3.

blue skY
Could be useful... ;)
It says that "Platin" is comming in september 2008 (Japan)
It´s a serious source, because they said the truth about Release and Information of DP!

Don´t beat me for my bad english... xD

My opinion:
-There will be a sequel and the poll is unnecessary
-It will require Fc´s... don´t even think about a Nintendo game without them... -.-
More useful with translation :P.

Personally, I don't think "dark flowers Shaymin" is a new form. I think it's just for the movie, much like the corrupted Celebi in the 4th movie, or sleeping Jirachi in the 6th.

But I still don't think it's going to be called Platinum. My money's still on Opal. Hopefully it won't be Amethyst, or I'll have to rename my game.

Edit: What's that about Korinku (Shinx) and new techniques?

Most probably it'll be Pokemon Opal. Some new move tutors would be good. Softboiled tutors which could be available to the 3 fairies would be sweet(after all, most pokeys in the fairy type egg groups can learn it). I'd like to see Uxie with soft-boiled.
Ele-punch tutors would also be good and much more convenient. T-punch Breloom, anyone?

Edit: What's that about Korinku (Shinx) and new techniques?
My japanese is not all that awesome, but from what I gather, it says there's a special ticket for a reservation [?] that lets you get a Shinx egg with special abilities/techniques.

Examining it a bit further, it may be something completely different, like needing a Shinx with a certain egg move to get this ticket... or a ticket that lets Shinx "remember" something. I'm going to keep on deciphering it, this dictionary I have here is not very great lol.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
My japanese is not all that awesome, but from what I gather, it says there's a special ticket for a reservation [?] that lets you get a Shinx egg with special abilities/techniques.
VOLT TACKLE LUXRAY NOW PLOX!

Seriously, I'll be pissed if they tell us "special moves Shinx" and one of them isn't Volt Tackle.

Ok, I worked out a better translation.

"A special reservation/privilege allows Shinx eggs to remember special technics."
This involves a ticket of some sort.

I'll repeat what Serebii said, reminding you all that blue skY is not -always- correct, so take this with a grain of salt.

New moves for Shinx would probably just be the Fang moves - which it already learns by breeding - and Volt Tackle.

Is this awesome (y/n)?

If Volkner gets replaced as the Sunyshore gym leader, I wonder if he could end up as a "co-Elite 4" with Flint "McDonald". I've always thought an Elite 4 double battle would be interesting. Although, there wouldn't be only 4 of them anymore.

I'm also hoping that some of this information isn't correct. Grass/Ice Shaymin doesn't really appeal to me. What is it with grass event legendaries having 7 weaknesses? The name Platinum just doesn't fit either. Topaz, Amethyst, Opal, Tourmaline...something non-metal please.

If it does come out... I'm hoping for random wifi battling with standard style rules you can pick and choose. Sleep clause enforced ingame? YES.

Also I'm sick of lurking in chat rooms searching for wifi battles, honestly, I think that's much more dangerous than just battling and having voice chat disabled for kids.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I thought it was because the game, technically, already have 500 pokés.

493 normal ones + Wormadam-G + Wormadam-S + Deoxys-A + Deoxys-D + Deoxys-S + East Shellos + East Gastrodon = 500.

Oh so I've heard.

By the way, I saw the dark flowers. Really strange...

I also really, really, really hope that there's a 'special' variant of Intimidate in the next gen :/
Physical Sweepers have a Lowering Trait, so why not special?
We do. It's called Blissey. |D

Volt Tackle for Shinx? Nice to know Gamefreak's showing him some love (hopefully). Too bad Rotom got gypped. ;(

being on the internet for some time has taught me to not trust info that isn't offically confirmed till then i'll take this with a grain of salt

GSC weren't all metals (Metal, Metal, Crystal), so why not Platinum (Gem, Gem, Metal)? :P
Crystal was used because there wasn't a third major pokemon to use, so they themed it after a "crystal" pokemon, Suicune. That third pokemon exists in the fourth generation, as it did in the third generation (which made its third game themed after that third pokemon).

Incidentally, the first generation only had one super-high-stat pokemon, while G/S/C had two, and R/S/E had three. Is it possible we will have Regigigas as fourth this generation?

The only thing I really hope they do is polish the game up. Lack of an item PC (and no easy way to organize/scroll through the current list), a few milliseconds more to select moves, no ability to turn off start-up animations, getting off the bike between guard stations, idiocy of the Great Marsh, etc. is what really drags D/P down a lot. Another minor thing is how badly pixelated the large sprites are when you get into a gym battle or in the E4; forgivable in the third gen, but inexcusable for this gen.

D/P may have the item and move superiority, but in my eyes Emerald is just so much more finely tuned. And I know Em is the "third" while D/P is the first two, but the first two after Em, and I expected them to build on that instead of "start over" with the rather rough D/P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)