Pokemon Platinum - The definitive thread: Mach 3 (Competitive Discussion)

superpower hits harder on what? please give examples.
Superpower is like the perfect move for mamo. Zong/Skarm/Ludicolo/Bliss/Lax/(Tar)/(Weavile)/Other Mamo/Walrein and a lot of others I forget about. Ice + Ground and Rock + Fight provides perfect coverage.

Superpower Pokemon don't get Superpower for being "super powerful". They usually get it for being bulky (both statwise and physically).

It actually is pretty weird he didn't get Superpower.

The trend so far has been base 120 and up Attack stat Pokemon get it, and Salamance fits in to that. I guess they just like Dragonite better.

I think CB Mamoswine will be fantastic, but Cresselia and Skarmory will still wall the standard Ice Shard / Earthquake / Stone Edge / Superpower set. It only gets 4 slots, so it must choose Blizzard for Skarmory, or Superpower for Bronzong.

I think many people are overrating some of the pokemon that are obtaining new moves. Things like Bullet Punch Scizor are useful, but they don't help them surpass their counters, so it isn't anything gamebreaking.

BTW, for all the Dragonite fans(like myself), remember, Dragonite has much higher special defense and it gets Light Screen. Bulky DD Nite remains powerful, and now Mix Mence is comparably worse than Mix Nite, mainly due to Superpower>Brick Break, which OHKOs Blissey, and Thunderbolt hurts bulky waters more than Draco Meteor over several turns. Let us not forget that Dragonite has Inner Focus, allowing it to beat Shaymin-S, if it is OU that is.

Trick on all of these new pokemon should be cool, and it makes these pokemon a lot more unpredictable.

I remember using SD Ludicolo on a Rain Dance team. It surprises many Blisseys and Regice with a +2 STAB rain boosted Waterfall.

Look out for CB Honchkrow now! Superpower hits incoming Bronzong hard, and it destroys Aggron and Tyranitar, two pokemon who gave CB Honchkrow problems previously. Murkrow just got that much better for Little Cup.

The more I think about it, the more sad I am that Psychics and Ghosts keep getting singled out to paralyzed with perfect counters. Already they can't switch out without being killed by Pursuit. Now they can't attack without being killed by Sucker Punch. Next they'll add a "Dark Field" power that sets up a Stealth Rock style damage for switching in as well :(

Oh well. Trick and Signal Beam are some interesting new options.

With all the upgrades pokes are getting in platinum, is there any chance garchomp will be moved back to OU when the tiers are rewritten/changed?

Raj

CAP Playtesting Expert
How long do we think it'll take to implement this stuff to Shoddy? Surely we won't have to wait for our release.... right? : (

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
And now I'm back. So if there is anything that you want checked that hasn't been, just name it.

my wish list:
jumpluff, cherrim, dunsparce, spiritomb, vaporeon, kecleon

hoping for knock off pluff, heat wave cherrim, and anything cool on the rest, can these be checked lease :)

Dunsparce, Shuckle, Rhyperior, Octillery, Spiritomb, Vaporeon, Kecleon, Cherrim, Jumpluff, Steelix, Dodrio, Tyrogue, and Kingler have been suggested so far.

Clefable's gigantic movepool is now... more than gigantic.

And oh god Trick Clefable. I'm loving that already- it's just what my Toxic Orb Facade Clefable needed.

edit; Seconding the check for Dunsparce.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)