Pokemon Platinum - The definitive thread: Mach 3 (Competitive Discussion)

I think Aqua Tail will help DD Tyranitar the most out of all his sets. It is the one that needed help against Hippowdon and Gliscor, and CB Tyranitar can sometimes 2HKO with the help of a defense drop anyways.
DD Tar could 2HKO Hippowdon with Life Orb boosted Ice Beam, CB Tar benefits more IMO.

Wow Bulliten Punch Scizor. Well I guess that's cool, something else to help keep Gengar in check.

I like the @ Blacksludge trick set, but I think even with the drop in acc. hypnosis would prove more effective on the sub set, so I'd go with trick only on scarfgar. Icy wind isn't that effective on Gengar since he outspeeds most things he'd be using it on anyways, so unless for some reason you wanted another HP, HP ICe would be more used.

I'm not that scared of Outrage Salamence at all. Calm down. Lol.

Signal beam is a boost for Zam, although it doesn't help that Gar and Zelf got Trick. =[

Heatwave is cool on Zapdos, I guess. I'm having trouble seeing what it would actually be used for, though. I guess the burn rate? Na. Helps with Specs set I sopppose.

Is Tyranitar confirmed for Sucker Punch?

I think Aqua Tail will help DD Tyranitar the most out of all his sets. It is the one that needed help against Hippowdon and Gliscor, and CB Tyranitar can sometimes 2HKO with the help of a defense drop anyways.
Yeah I could see aqua tail being awesome on t-tar, but were would the defense drop come from?

Heatwave gives Zapdos a more powerful option against steels, a SE base 200 over stab t-bolt.

Zapdos@LO Modest
Agility/Heatwave/Tbolt/HP Ice.

Its not the greatest set in the world but it is pretty viable.

Heatwave gives Zapdos a more powerful option against steels, a SE base 200 over stab t-bolt.

Zapdos@LO Modest
Agility/Heatwave/Tbolt/HP Ice.

Its not the greatest set in the world but it is pretty viable.
Electric/Ice is only resisted by Lanturn, Shedinja and Magnezone, two of each are hit SE with HW (not that you'll see Shedinja or Lanturn in standard) and like you said hits steels harder in general. Your set can work but personally I prefer SpecsDos with T-Bolt/HP Ice/Heat Wave/Extrasensory.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Thunderbolt/Heat Wave as Zapdos's only two attacks. With Garchomp gone, the most prevalent resistor of the combination is out of the picture and at the same time, one of the best reasons to use HP Ice is also out of the picture. Salamence is 2HKO'd by T-Bolt and Grass types are hit harder by Heat Wave. Ground types atleast take less at least, and Swampert walls you. Then again, Swampert always walled T-Bolt/HP Ice Zapdos.

What's probably more refreshing is that Heat Wave may actually have some form of use now.

Could someone check what new moves Espeon and Arcanine get? I'm not expecting much, but it would be nice to know.

Has it been confirmed if Cherrim can learn any of the Punches (Especially Fire Punch), and/or Seed Bomb?

They would finally make Physical Cherrim Viable and give my Adamant and Impish Spitbacks Useful :D

Could someone check what new moves Espeon and Arcanine get? I'm not expecting much, but it would be nice to know.
Espeon- Power Swap, Signal Beam and might get Trick.
Arcanine- Not sure about the tutors it can get.. Iron Head is good replacement to Iron Tail if it gets it.

But there's no way it's a bee. It has the stripes and the name, but it's a wasp in everything else.
I was just pointing out that Beedrill's in-game classification is "Poison Bee."

On-topic:
While everyone is making tutor requests, has Nidoking been fully tested? I'd like to see if got anything else added to his arsenal.

And what about Snorlax? It's getting quite a few new weapons added. Does its lack of instant recovery still hurt it that much despite the new additions?

i'm so ready for more espeon in my life, signal beam will make it so much more viable. psychic/signal beam/shadow ball/bp seems like it could work for a specs set, and if we really wanted we could do four attacks (hp ??? because fighting might be redundant?)

more jolteon helps too, i love jolteon.

also, pardon me if it's been discussed but how might magnet rise luxray perform as somewhat of a tank? not all that well as i can see right off the bat, but no weaknesses might do something good combined with that good attack power.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
mmm.. Has/Can someone check if Espeon gets Heatwave please? It seams plausible and would be a nice boost.

Edit: I am really weak right now... come on Game Freak... I NEED MORE MOVES!

Heat Wave Espeon...it'd be one kickass way to get past stuff like Bronzong and Metagross, yet it seems Heat Wave is mainly given to pokes with wings.
That said...
Psychic/Shadow Ball/Signal Beam/HP Fire-Ground Espeon isn't fully out of the picture as far as I'm concerned.

more jolteon helps too, i love jolteon.
I love you =D

Also Magnet rise jolteon would be the shit. The fastest magnet rise in the game and it would make him a no weakness poke.

Sub/MR/T-bolt/HPice. Or annoyer with: Sub/MR/Yawn/Tbolt or wish or protect.

Also Signal might actually work on him since it does a better job against t-tar (gogo 2.5 more BP!) and a heck of a lot more against celebi. both of which are good counters right now.

Ah the power of jolt. So underloved yet so immensely cool.

Also I would like to find out who can actually learn vaccuum wave. Now the list just says poliwrath. That can't be right D=

On row 726/727 Flareon and Mud-Slap are aligned.
Row 359/360 has Swampert with Ice Punch.
Blastoise with Signal Beam on row 353/354.

Golly there's a lot that were missed...

Row 650/651 Raichu gets Signal Beam.

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I wonder if there's any tutor checkers online....

In other news, my favorite Mewtwo gets Zen Headbutt, Punches, and Trick. <3 Not sure about the others, though, I was wondering if anyone could check.

Vespiquen too, SEED BOMB PLS. D':

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Does Alakazam have Vacuum Wave?
As mentioned many times....NOPE. ;_;

Poor thing still has to rely on correctly placed Focus Blasts..

EDIT;; Still waiting for complete list of Mewtwo and Vespiquen tutor moves if anyone wants to check for me, at least the former looks to get cool things, but....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)