Entertainment Pokemon Myths (and Mysteries)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This article will explain some of the Pokemon myths in the Pokemon world. I've checked past articles and couldn't find any article that covered Pokemon myths, but please say so if there has been. The closest thing I found was an article that explained the relation between Japanese myths and Pokemon, but this article focuses on myths in the games. The article should give a mysterious vibe, while explaining the mysteries. This would include what confirmed information we have (which is basically explaining the story), what isn't clear about it and some possibilities.

Introduction
- Creation of the Pokemon World
- The Legend of Ecruteak Tower
- Sinnoh Myths
- Ghost Girl (Both Unova and Kalos)
- Pokemon Eggs
Conclusion

Feel free to ask if anything is unclear. I tried to explain all necessary information for an Article Submission.

We had an approval that was sort of similar to this not too long ago, except it focused on just the creation/origin of the Pokemon world and not anything else you've mentioned. Most of these things are explained in-game, so there's not much new to touch on.

If anything, going from one of your ideas, you could turn this into an article about the mysteries of human ghosts in some of the latest games. I'm assuming you mean the Hex Maniac in Lumiose City and the Marvelous Bridge ghost in Gen V, and iirc the Old Chateau in DP also had a bunch of ghosts.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
We had an approval that was sort of similar to this not too long ago, except it focused on just the creation/origin of the Pokemon world and not anything else you've mentioned. Most of these things are explained in-game, so there's not much new to touch on.

If anything, going from one of your ideas, you could turn this into an article about the mysteries of human ghosts in some of the latest games. I'm assuming you mean the Hex Maniac in Lumiose City and the Marvelous Bridge ghost in Gen V, and iirc the Old Chateau in DP also had a bunch of ghosts.
Can I get a link to that article? I have searched about this this afternoon, but couldn't find it. Anyways, I guess I can drop on the things explained fully in-game, but I'd like to have the article have quite some speculation and theories about how the mysteries might be solved or why the myths exist. Might not have emphasized that well enough though. There are also some smaller myths/mysteries, but they're usually quite small and wouldn't be as interesting to inform people about. That said, I could drop Ecruteak, since a lot of that is in-game and add some honorable mentions instead.

I'd be fine with writing about the ghosts only, though wouldn't that be too few things to base an entire article about? (Or I'm just too used to writing huge articles)

The approval I brought up ended up being rejected because it didn't fit The Smog's policy of featuring original content. "Pokemon myths" is also a bit too broad as a topic, so just try to narrow it down. Minimum length for an article is about 1000 words, and with the ghosts, you could add more by connecting them to personal theories or other aspects of the game (e.g., what did the Old Chateau use to be before it was abandoned? Is the Hex Maniac somehow related to the ghost house on Route 14?).

Snaquaza

KACAW
The approval I brought up ended up being rejected because it didn't fit The Smog's policy of featuring original content. "Pokemon myths" is also a bit too broad as a topic, so just try to narrow it down. Minimum length for an article is about 1000 words, and with the ghosts, you could add more by connecting them to personal theories or other aspects of the game (e.g., what did the Old Chateau use to be before it was abandoned? Is the Hex Maniac somehow related to the ghost house on Route 14?).
That sounds good! I'd be up for doing that instead, and now you mention it, I can see why Pokemon Myths is too large. The idea revolved around the Sinnoh myths, but now that I rethink those, it seems like there's not much to add besides what's strange about them and telling the story of them. The ghost girls are indeed the most mysterious and would be cool to write the articles about and the only other that could be interesting would be theories about the origin of the Pokemon world, but if that seems fun I might submit it some other time. The others were kinda other myths and mysteries I found to get multiple, so I'd be fine with dropping them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)