Pokemon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl - Release 19th Nov 2021

Yiiiiikes that's genuinely a killer.... holy shit GF it was already fucking dead.

Wait does that also mean past gen mons won't be able to transfer and learn BDSP exclusive moves?
To be fair he does say "base game." Hopefully that means you can trade in whatever when you get to post game but I'm not sure

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
And there goes one of the reasons I thought I'd want BDSP, transferring my teams from Fire Red and Soul Silver to Gen 8.

>779 779 WAZAINFO_779 This move can't be used.
>Carnivine will never have access to Snap Trap.
Why go on?
:psysad:
I think I'd be able to say #YouHad1Job without being embarrassed about angry overreacting later. How many more little things will be disappointing?

This would be made even dumber if you actually can't bring in any of the mon from home like was stated earlier....after all you would have to gts trade for (lets use palkia) a Palkia from gen 8 to send into your game when you can't really control what you get on the home gts.
Home's GTS lets you filter Pokemon by games they can be sent to, so all is good, as long as you have a phone... or it will be in a few months when Home gets updated. Obvious needing a phone problem aside, why are they waiting until after Legends comes out? -_-

Before I retire for the night I'll point out some things I noticed from english_ss_iteminfo, which has the item info.
TM descriptions start from 328 (TM01), so add the actual TM number to 327 to get to where you want I guess. It seems like snapped moves have been replaced, like Low Sweep is over Return (TM27) here.

354 354 ITEMINFO_354 The user makes a swift attack on the target’s legs, which lowers the target’s Speed stat.

I'll just go through it here comparing to https://pokemondb.net/diamond-pearl/tms as I go.
337 337 ITEMINFO_337 The user is roused, and its Attack and Sp. Atk stats increase.
This Work Up is over TM10, originally Hidden Power. Back for Unown but not a TM anymore?
348 348 ITEMINFO_348 The user damages opposing Pokémon by emitting a powerful flash.
Dazzling Gleam over Frustration.

370 370 ITEMINFO_370 After making its attack, the user rushes back to switch places with a party Pokémon in waiting.
Volt Switch over Secret Power (TM43). At first I thought this was U-turn but that's already a TM. It's the exact same description too.

376 376 ITEMINFO_376 The user shoots boiling hot water at its target. This may also leave the target with a burn.
Scald over Snatch.

389 389 ITEMINFO_389 The user generates a damaging sound wave by vibration. This may also lower the target’s Sp. Def stat.
390 390 ITEMINFO_390 The user stimulates its brain by thinking bad thoughts. This sharply raises the user’s Sp. Atk stat.
Bug Buzz over Silver Wind and Nasty Plot over Embargo.

397 397 ITEMINFO_397 The user flashes a light that lowers the target’s accuracy. It can also be used to illuminate caves.
Not new but I noticed Flash is back as a cave lighter.

405 405 ITEMINFO_405 The user yells as if it’s ranting about something, which lowers the Sp. Atk stats of opposing Pokémon.
Snarl over Captivate.

410 410 ITEMINFO_410 The user strikes everything around it by stomping down on the ground. This lowers the Speed stats of those hit.
Bulldoze over Natural Gift.
Overall we got Low Sweep, Work Up, Dazzling Gleam, Volt Switch, Scald, Bug Buzz, Nasty Plot, Snarl, and Bulldoze as TMs over snapped moves, though I'm not sure what's still snapped because Hidden Power is back, but I'd assume most of these are still gone. I'm confused why Return is gone if it was in that one preview, though I guess contest NPCs are the weakest link. Though I guess they did give us a Scald hint in return.

Also at the end there's a bunch of mentions of these slates for each postgame legend room, though I don't think they had sprites shown in that compilation.
1811 1611 ITEMINFO_1611 A slate overflowing with enigmatic energy. You can feel a strong connection between it and the Kanto Room at Ramanas Park.

Last edited:

CTNC

Does anyone want to mourn the loss of the Captivate TM?

Seriously though, I'm excited for the return of the Recycle TM because it makes getting Pokemon for Restricted Sparring easier. It's a few months to wait, but with how long I take, that's fine. Asking for someone to get a Pokemon with Recycle is going to be so much easier than asking for help transferring from Gen 7 to Gen 8. It's only for Gens 1-4, but that's still awesome! Toxic Pokemon will be easier to beg for too. If only Confide was a TM too, but what were the odds of that happening?

Wait... What if Home won't let Pokemon go from SwSh and BDSP? That'd be very disappointing but not too surprising. Better to wait and see than get excited. If they don't let that happen, at least it will still easier to get Pokemon for Gen 9 when it comes out.

Edit: Roar and Defog are also really nice returning TMs for competitive players.

Edit Again: Roost! :D

Last edited:
TMs (Exactly like Gen 4 with some New Ones)
HMs are TM93-TM100

TM01: Focus Punch
TM02: Dragon Claw
TM03: Water Pulse
TM04: Calm Mind
TM05: Roar
TM06: Toxic
TM07: Hail
TM08: Bulk Up
TM09: Bullet Seed
TM10: Work Up
TM11: Sunny Day
TM12: Taunt
TM13: Ice Beam
TM14: Blizzard
TM15: Hyper Beam
TM16: Light Screen
TM17: Protect
TM18: Rain Dance
TM19: Giga Drain
TM20: Safeguard
TM21: Dazzling Gleam
TM22: Solar Beam
TM23: Iron Tail
TM24: Thunderbolt
TM25: Thunder
TM26: Earthquake
TM27: Low Sweep
TM28: Dig
TM29: Psychic
TM30: Shadow Ball
TM31: Brick Break
TM32: Double Team
TM33: Reflect
TM34: Shock Wave
TM35: Flamethrower
TM36: Sludge Bomb
TM37: Sandstorm
TM38: Fire Blast
TM39: Rock Tomb
TM40: Aerial Ace
TM41: Torment
TM42: Facade
TM43: Volt Switch
TM44: Rest
TM45: Attract
TM46: Thief
TM47: Steel Wing
TM48: Skill Swap
TM49: Scald
TM50: Overheat
TM51: Roost
TM52: Focus Blast
TM53: Energy Ball
TM54: False Swipe
TM55: Brine
TM56: Fling
TM57: Charge Beam
TM58: Endure
TM59: Dragon Pulse
TM60: Drain Punch
TM61: Will-O-Wisp
TM62: Bug Buzz
TM63: Nasty Plot

TM64: Explosion
TM65: Shadow Claw
TM66: Payback
TM67: Recycle
TM68: Giga Impact
TM69: Rock Polish
TM70: Flash
TM71: Stone Edge
TM72: Avalanche
TM73: Thunder Wave
TM74: Gyro Ball
TM75: Swords Dance
TM76: Stealth Rock
TM77: Psych Up
TM78: Snarl
TM79: Dark Pulse
TM80: Rock Slide
TM81: X-Scissor
TM82: Sleep Talk
TM83: Bulldoze
TM84: Poison Jab
TM85: Dream Eater
TM86: Grass Knot
TM87: Swagger
TM88: Pluck
TM89: U-turn
TM90: Substitute
TM91: Flash Cannon
TM92: Trick Room
TM93: Cut
TM94: Fly
TM95: Surf
TM96: Strength
TM97: Defog
TM98: Rock Smash
TM99: Waterfall
TM100: Rock Climb

Well, I gotta get going to bed now. Someone mention me when full boss fight team data gets uncovered in a readable form that isn't whatever this number gobbledygook is
This isn't boss fights but it's most of the pokemon data.

Toxic Pokemon will be easier to beg for too.
It seems like gamefreak has really made Toxic nonuniversal now actually, I guess they started to regret it around Magearna.

EDIT: I'm going to sleep soon but I just noticed that Delcatty didn't get the complete stone learnset revamp while mons in SWSH got it imported in for free. Feels bad man. It doesn't even get 4 moves now that DoubleSlap is gone.
1636440841531.png

CTNC

It seems like gamefreak has really made Toxic nonuniversal now actually, I guess they started to regret it around Magearna.
Going to sleep is going to be tough knowing what people will find over night. :D

Yeah, as much as I love Toxic, I think giving it to everything was one of the many mistakes of Gen 1. It's not one I'm complaining about, but still a major mistake.

EDIT: I'm going to sleep soon but I just noticed that Delcatty didn't get the complete stone learnset revamp while mons in SWSH got it imported in for free. Feels bad man. It doesn't even get 4 moves now that DoubleSlap is gone.
View attachment 384127
EDIT: In hindsight, I'm not sure if Normalize was supposed to be a niche or proof that Game Freak hates Delcatty.

Last edited:

View attachment 384127
It looks so weird comparing to the mons with SWSH movesets

It looks so weird comparing to the mons with SWSH movesets
I was mainly playing this game to have a cool looking team and nothing else but metagame wise it seems like it will be definitively worse than gen 4 with Scald and a lot of Pokemon losing access to critical moves, but it seems interesting at a casual level and even the Pokemon that didn't get squat (Torterra) are still better than they've been for the past 3 gens.

I swear SS Torterra and DD Garchomp better be a thing sometime this gen.

I didn't inhale copium for Megas. I didn't inhale copium for Battle Frontier. I didn't inhale copium for Flint's Platinum Team. But I will suck the copium tank dry for Shell Smash Torterra.

Also the removal of Hidden Power of a TM makes me think it's going to become Unown's signature move. Probably for the best, Pokemon having random coverage moves is dumb (I'm pretty sure Volcarona could potentially be suspect worthy with Hidden Power Ground + Heavy Duty Boots, since it no longer gets omni-walled by Heatran). Plus it prevents us from having to endure Hidden Power Ice Regieleki

Red Raven

I COULD BE BANNED!
Gamefreak and ILCA know what the people want. This is part of their plan. They are saving DD Garchomp and SS Torterra for the day 1 patch,
They had better. It was already bs enough that dd becomes a tm in swsh and somehow Garchomp doesn't get it. DD Chomp is like 80% of the reason why I'm even looking forward to the remakes at all

And what do you mean patch? Has it been said anywhere that there would be patches or something?

They had better. It was already bs enough that dd becomes a tm in swsh and somehow Garchomp doesn't get it. DD Chomp is like 80% of the reason why I'm even looking forward to the remakes at all

And what do you mean patch? Has it been said anywhere that there would be patches or something?
There will be a 3.5 GB Day 1 Patch on launch day

Can't believe no one has mentioned Body Press Probopass...

Also Leaf Tornado Roserade from prerelease footage does not actually seem to be a thing, unless I hallucinated that. Leafage Turtwig is, though.

Can't believe no one has mentioned Body Press Probopass...

Also Leaf Tornado Roserade from prerelease footage does not actually seem to be a thing, unless I hallucinated that. Leafage Turtwig is, though.
Probopass actually has Body Press through Home!! Based on the datamine back then at least

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)