Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seemed to me that the downfall is that you are also unable to do anything.
it's an attack, isn't it?. depending on how powerful it is, you can just chop your opponents HP down bit by bit and they can't do anything because you block their actions just by using the move. that's why it probably has a downside, like low accuracy or PP, or it works differently from how we think it does.

by the way, just wanted to get out that I think Koromori looks adorable. I'm also not disapointed that it's Psychic/Flying, just surprised because it seemed so unlikely compared to other typings (like Dark, or even poison).

it's an attack, isn't it?. depending on how powerful it is, you can just chop your opponents HP down bit by bit and they can't do anything because you block their actions just by using the move. that's why it probably has a downside, like low accuracy or PP, or it works differently from how we think it does.

by the way, just wanted to get out that I think Koromori looks adorable. I'm also not disapointed that it's Psychic/Flying, just surprised because it seemed so unlikely compared to other typings (like Dark, or even poison).

Yeah, you totally figured it out, man. It's not like they can attack at the end of the second turn, and it will have functioned just like any other attack, except with double passive damage. That would be silly

e: Also you are wrong and also dumb

Uhhh. After you drop them I'm sure they'd be able to attack, and if they'd attack before you drop them, then they would've had the chance to attack you before you grabbed them in the first place.

Edit: Beaten by AK :I

Yeah, you totally figured it out, man. It's not like they can attack at the end of the second turn, and it will have functioned just like any other attack, except with double passive damage. That would be silly

e: Also you are wrong and also dumb
I never thought of that. silly me.

also, stop acting like a prick.

Uhhh. After you drop them I'm sure they'd be able to attack, and if they'd attack before you drop them, then they would've had the chance to attack you before you grabbed them in the first place.

Edit: Beaten by AK :I
Everyone is beaten by A.K. at everything; don't feel bad. I'm just awesome.

edit: yo, someone should definitely tell me who Captain Kirby is.

I think we all can agree that a polar bear with a great attack stat and an ability that takes advantage of hail would be a cool new toy to play around with.
A stat spread of 100/120/85/60/85/95 would give it a BST of 545. An ability that boosts speed in hail would make it an amazing hail sweeper.

A stat spread of 100/120/85/60/85/95 would give it a BST of 545. An ability that boosts speed in hail would make it an amazing hail sweeper.
Hail straight-up boosting ice types speed would be p. chill, actually. Actually give ice types some use while making hail less of a stall game.

edit: Actually.

Also, does anyone else think that Munna/Musharna will evolve into Ganesh or some other creature/god from Hindu folklore. It has the naming style and to a degree the design and coloration similar to art from that source.

That'd be pretty fucking cool. Musharna looks like it will evolve once more, IMO. Looks like it's at the intermediate stage in it's line.

So Magic Room (the trick room-esque move shown in cell vs loli) cancels out held items

Interesting!
wut where is this Magic Room crap coming from? >_> Loli has Magic Guard...

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Well, in that case it's probably just going to be a Trick Room rip-off. Possibly one that affects attack/special attack (where physical attacks are taken on special defense and vice versa). Hopefully it doesn't switch defensive stats with attacking stats, that would just be >_>

Special sweeper blissey lol

Well, in that case it's probably just going to be a Trick Room rip-off. Possibly one that affects attack/special attack (where physical attacks are taken on special defense and vice versa). Hopefully it doesn't switch defensive stats with attacking stats, that would just be >_>

Special sweeper blissey lol
Which is why Magic Room specifically disables held items

keep up here

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Ok, just re-checked it. Magic Room is a move learned by Gochiruzeru, the goth girl pokémon that also has Magic Guard as her SECONDARY ability, which cancels out held items' effects for the duration of it.

Ok, just re-checked it. Magic Room is a move learned by Gochiruzeru, the goth girl pokémon that also has Magic Guard as her ONLY ability, which cancels out held items' effects for the duration of it.
Then what the hell is the pun. Cell makes no sense on that Pokemon at all, and rancorous was pushing it as is.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Then what the hell is the pun. Cell makes no sense on that Pokemon at all, and rancorous was pushing it as is.
Well, her body does look like it's made up of seperate "cell" segments, maybe something like that?

Or maybe something to do with sleeper cells? lol. Yah, goths are the real sleeper cells in america, not those middle easterns. Get with the program. lol.

I'm soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy to hear that everyone who was convinced Muna would be a Drowsee prevo was wrong. Such a dumb prediction....

Whats does everyone think about the High Link? The main gen games stealing from the Mystery Dungeon series strikes me as a bad thing... Though I always did find it weird that when you lost a battle to a dangerous criminal organization they just let you go back to the Pokemon Center to try again.

Assuming that Serebii is correct about how this feature works, however, this could be a good sign for the game's difficulty level... I never black out except for the Elite 4 and occasionally Gym Leaders.

Does anyone think that this might be the Web link which everyone has been itching to know about? I hope that's not the extent of it... I was hoping for something more along the lines of an online battle simulator or possibly even a further area to explore (though I knew that was unlikely...)

EDIT: I'm inferring from the Serebii description of "offering assistance in the form of missions" and the PokeBeach comparison to Mystery Dungeon that this feature probably has something to do with when you Black Out/White Out/whatever they call it these days.

So I dunno if this is total bs, but I think there might be a pattern in the generations. Seems like the odd gens have lots of new pokes, while odd ones have a lot of evos. I guess there aren't really enough to see a pattern, but what we have so far; R/B, all new, G/S, lots of evos of old pokes, not many new ones, R/S lots of new pokes, not many evos, D/P, lots of evos again. Here's hoping B/W is full of new pokes!

A.K., did something happen to you as a child? I really doubt people care about the validity of tossing out "sick burns" on a pokemon thread. Did something go wrong during your mental division?

At first I thought the cell pokemon looked clunky and fat. Now i see that it's a great concept, and i'm considering using it, provided it has good defenses and moderate sp. attack. Mijimaru is shaping up to be my pick for the starters. That will be the second water type in a row for gens.

A.K., don't say that i look clunky and fat.

I think we only created the association of "cell" and that green Pokémon's name because that's originally who we thought it was.

Though I have to agree that "Rancorous" seems better for gothmon than Gochiruzeru.

Also, since I know nothing about Japanese except how to read it, I decided to plug in gochiruzeru into Google Translate and here's what I got:

You gain a deeper understanding gleam

lol. Any leads?

It's a bit counter-productive to try and insult someone for tossing out insults don't you think? It's so much easier just to ignore anything you find insulting in AK's posts and you know...

pokemon thread
talk about pokemon

Though I have to say, I thoroughly enjoyed the fact that you mention mental-division and then go on to talk about the cell pokemon but HURRHURR that's just my lamebrain sense of humor.

But... I guess that this green dude really is Rankurusu? Does that mean that Gochiruzeru doesn't have Magic Guard and Rankurusu does or... what?

Well it seems like we're trying to pick out plantcellmon's name from the picture of Wargle. Since Wargle's name is to the left, when we look up at the plant cell, we see Rancorous. I mean, it doesn't tell us anything because we still haven't seen the whole page, but I can see where the confusion is coming from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)