Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, if anyone checked Serebii, it's been said that Hihidaruma's ability increases the power of his attacks but negates their secondary effects, and NOW I'm hoping he's fire/fighting, Overheat does not decrease his special attack, Superpower and Close Combat would not decrease his attack/defense/special defense and flare blitz wouldn't make him take recoil damage!

At least I think so, but I'm curious to what extent the ability works, like... I'm assuming he'd still have to charge for focus punch/solar beam, but I don't know :/

On yet another note, I feel that GF NEEDS more variety n its legendaries. It's always some kind if psychic, some kind of dragon, some kind of flyer, etc. They did it good with Heatran and Shaymin (land form that is) but I want more variety. Give us a fighting-typed uber, a poison-typed Uber, a rock-typed uber, a bug-typed uber, stuff like that...
Actually, that's a good idea, would be nice.

So, if anyone checked Serebii, it's been said that Hihidaruma's ability increases the power of his attacks but negates their secondary effects, and NOW I'm hoping he's fire/fighting, Overheat does not decrease his special attack, Superpower and Close Combat would not decrease his attack/defense/special defense and flare blitz wouldn't make him take recoil damage!

At least I think so, but I'm curious to what extent the ability works, like... I'm assuming he'd still have to charge for focus punch/solar beam, but I don't know :/
NO NO NO NO NO!!!!! We do NOT need another fire-fighting typed pokemon! It was bad enough when they did that to Infernape, who was the fire starter, JUST LIKE BLAZIKEN, but WE DO NOT NEED ANOTHER ONE!

Sorry for the newb/rant moment, but Blaziken is my all-time favorite pokemon, I don't want him to fall to obscurity due to an overpopulation of this new type combination.

Actually, that's a good idea, would be nice.
Thanks. I play ubers and would love to see more variety.

A fighting-type Uber would just be Chuck Norris.
But it would spice things up in ubers, and actually encourage psychics to carry STAB for once.

There are a lot of pokemon that don't have evolutions or pre-evolutions that I think deserve them.

Stantler is one that no one ever uses for anything and don't remember exist, and the movepool the thing has plus Intimidate or Frisk would make for an interesting evolution if it keeps a similar spread. It would be like a special version of Tauros.

Secondly, this changed my mind once i saw the reasons why Farfetch'd already doesnt have an evolution
For some reason, this link isn't working for me. I think it's because Bulbapedia isn't working for me.

Like I keep telling people, a Normal/Ghost bakeneko would work very well. Bakeneko have many powers that are similar to the legends of kitsune, and Ninetales gets many Ghost moves like Grudge. They can make its basic form a pure Normal cat and have it gain a Ghost-typing in the same way that Bibarel gains a Water-typing.

Ghost/Fighting, Dark/Fighting, Fighting/Flying, Fire/Grass, and Grass/Steel are all good type combinations that I want to see.

Edit: @ Baldafor: I think they should give Girafarig an evo at the same and make it and Stantler the next Murkrow and Misdrevous (in that, they weren't version-exclusive Pokemon in Gen 2 but they would make them version-exclusive in Gen 5). Gazellezag and Ibexebi could both work as names for it, to keep with the palandrome.

I hope RNG becomes harder to the point of almost being impossible. I want shinies and strong pokemon to actually be rare and valuable
Except that will only apply to Gen 5 pokemon, since we can all RNG in the current gen and transfer over for any Gen 1-4 'mon.

I hope RNG becomes harder to the point of almost being impossible. I want shinies and strong pokemon to actually be rare and valuable
I kinda have to agree. I hate going through pages seeing the same 31/31/31/31/31/31 Shiny Timid Lugia caght in a Premier Ball, but just with diferent OTs. But whatever, I'm in the minority.

That could ruin the Wifi battling community.
How so? It was fine even before the RNG was cracked.

Like I keep telling people, a Normal/Ghost bakeneko would work very well. Bakeneko have many powers that are similar to the legends of kitsune, and Ninetales gets many Ghost moves like Grudge. They can make its basic form a pure Normal cat and have it gain a Ghost-typing in the same way that Bibarel gains a Water-typing.
We got Espeon, who you make sad.

We got Espeon, who you make sad.
Well, Espeon can predict the future, which some bakeneko can do as well, but the crystal on its head makes me think it's based more off of a carbuncle than a bakeneko. Also, either this is either based off of the same thing Espeon is or it's blatent plagerism.

It'd be interesting if recharge moves weren't affected(effected?) by it.
Giga Impact maybe see some use?
Normal isn't super effective on anything, but it his most things neutral and GI could do some damage

But I'm going to guess Hihidaruma will be slow and have pitiful defenses to make up for his ability.
search your heart
you know it's true

It would be interesting if encourage were to increase the power of a move based on the chance of its effect activating.
Eg: Thunderbolt would be 95 x 1.1 = 104.5
Thunder would be 120 x 1.3 = 156
Charge beam would be 40 x 1.7 = 68 (lol)

So Im guessing that secondary effects , would mean status/flinch basically giving the attack/sp.atk boost in exchange of no status/flinch , but then isn't that kinda useless??

Because you still gain -2 SpA from overheat and the -1Def/SpD from CC[Assuming it learns it] , the attack boost from Encourage would be rendered useless then...unless ofcourse its a HUGE boost in attack and not only the 20~30% expected.

About Zorua being Event Only(I haven't followed recent discussion), if it can breed, one person will get it and then it'll soon be all over the Wi-Fi Forums anyway :P

wow... encourage is gonna make that new ape more beastly than our current flaming monkey.
I disagree, from what we've seen, Hihidaruma is a pure Fire type which means it's weak to SR and doesn't get STAB Fighting (and probably not Close Combat either) so it would be harder to take down Blissey if it's Specially based or Mixed. If it's physically based or gets Explosion (something that seems fairly likely due to its round body), it should be able to take it out just fine, but Bulky Waters could still pose more of a problem.

On a side note, wouldn't it be hilarious if Explosion's self-KOing effect was considered a secondary effect and Encourage negated it? Hihidaruma would go straight to Ubers.

Edit: @ Saif: A 1.2 boost is still a pretty large boost. No one uses Hitmonchan because it only has average Atk and Spe and the Punches (except Focus Punch) have rather low base powers. Overheat jumps up to a 252 Base Power move when it gets a 1.2 boost from Encourage and STAB (Flash Fire Heatran's is 315 Base Power). When you consider the fact that it could power up all of its moves all the time (and not have to use the fairly situational Flash Fire), it becomes a force to be reconed with. Of course, this is all assuming it gets good stats, which it might not.

@ JarardoMartino: Sudowoodo and Wobbufet are only 4 feet tall and adult female gorillas are around 4'7", which is about right when you consider the fact that Hihidaruma doesn't really have a head.

hm it seems to me that it is highly likely that most if not all the pokemon revealed recently will evolve. I mean what kind of gorilla is only 4 feet tall? Zoroark is taller! I know making an assumption based soley on size is kind of sketchy but most of these new pokes look like they will evolve into something more imo

I am actually NOT one of those people who think Pokemon art is going in the wrong direction, but I couldn't resist...

Lineart gratefully ripped out of my little sister's "My Little Pony" coloring book.

:)

I like the art of the new Pokemon, except the Mamepato, which seems uninspired, and Mijumaru, whose design elements don't really flow. I've come to appreciate Hihidaruma after seeing what an actual Japanese daruma looks like.

Hihidaruma with SuperPower and Flare Blitz is going to be so awesome. At first I didn't really want it to be fire/fighting but now I don't really mind.

I think that it will be too good of a poke to allow if its stats allow it to do damage, which is another thing we are overlooking, they have yet to say any of the stats, Biberal has the 2 best abilities, yet its stats and movepool suck. We are counting are chickens before they hatch.

On a side note, will smogon allow Zorua and Zoruark to be used since it is being pe released with Celebi and if it is will it be Limbo instantly or not.

The only reason Arceus is still "banned" from Ubers is there's no way to get a legitamate one in game that you can EV train (and Shoddy can't put limits on the EVs a Pokemon has). The Celebi and Legendary Beasts will be given out over the summer, so right when BW is realeased, you will be able to get the Zorua and Zoroark in the games.

I'd rather have the RNG be as easy to abuse as it is in HG/SS. I do not want have to mindlessly soft reset in front of Reshiram for 3 days like I did with Ho-Oh(thank god I took the time to learn to RNG). Or they could have an IV-max option in link battles.

I'd prefer the opposite unless they make obtaining Pokemon with perfect IVs a reasonable task using in-game methods. Soft resetting for months for a single Pokemon sounds incredibly boring and pointless, and people with access to hacking devices are just going to make the same thing, but better. Manipulating numbers and times on the DS is actually an interesting challenge every time, and requires enough effort for me to feel like I really earned it. I would prefer that IVs be changeable with in-game functions, though. I mean really, the whole IV system is just a way to ensure that the Pokemon you played through the game with and cherished will never have any competitive value whatsoever. If we can do some kind of mini-game with our Pokemon or use some items to modify their IVs, I'm all for it. If not, then moar Elm Method please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)