Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
time to ride a magikarp! time to ride a rattata! time to ride a ARCEUS! you know, it dont sound like a awesome idea now that i think about it.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Only if that island has a PC. If it doesn't, you can just teach that Pokemon Surf again. If that island DOES have a PC though, then you can release it through the PC and THEN you're screwed (unless you have Fly).
You can do just that in DPPt. You know that foreign Pokédex guy, which wants a Finneon for a Magikarp? Yeah.

Like i said, they could just drop some of the least useful HM, like cut! Or some gimmicks like defog.

Seriously, small trees was a reasonable obstacle in the first game, but do we really need to cut a tree to go on?

time to ride a magikarp! time to ride a rattata! time to ride a ARCEUS! you know, it dont sound like a awesome idea now that i think about it.
Imagine riding a magikarp. You don't step, you bounce from side to side/front to back.

Sounds better than surf.

On HMs: I always thought it would make sense to have the Trainer learn the HM, and then if there was a Pokemon in the party that could perform it, you could use it outside of battle. Essentially this is the same mechanic that a lot of you have postulated, it just changes the terminology. This might've been mentioned; apologies if it has.

The only problem is you lose Surf and Waterfall as attacking moves, but you could always replace them with similar TMs.

Also, riding Pokes > riding bikes.

Or maybe make Cut useful? Since Strength would become Fighting and Rock Climb Rock? Something like 70 or 80 power (was 50 in gens 1-4)?

¡
The only problem is you lose Surf and Waterfall as attacking moves, but you could always replace them with similar TMs.
¡.
They could be TM like Flash like you said, or move tutors. Nothing would be lost for competitive.

Cut could be another type too, that's a good idea. "Strength" should have been fighting, and "rock climb" rock from the start.

I'd like to see, like the riding, a flying route. (Foggy so you need navigation, over a canyon or something.) You could encounter flying types throughout it. I've always wanted one of these.

I've always wanted to see a dream area where you can only get to when you go to bed. The Darkrai event doesn't count because you could only go there once (or until you capture Darkrai). It'd be cool with some Pokemon that you can only catch in your dreams and it could be a really pretty but, at the same time, colorful and trippy land.

^those floating cliffs, rocks and stuff would make a great route for flying pokemon at least! It would be cool if fly had the same function of take you to another town, but also use it like "surf" at certain routes to traverse things.

^those floating cliffs, rocks and stuff would make a great route for flying pokemon at least! It would be cool if fly had the same function of take you to another town, but also use it like "surf" at certain routes to traverse things.
Yea I agree. They've never really taken it to the "next level" with Fly.
I'd like to be able to navigate through the world while flying on my Skarmory! :D

Yea I agree. They've never really taken it to the "next level" with Fly.
I'd like to be able to navigate through the world while flying on my Skarmory! :D
I'm not so sure about that. If you think about it, fly is there so you don't have to walk all the way from sunnyshore to snowpoint city. If they do all those cool things with fly it would get tiresome very quickly. I think it would be cool for some parts of the game but not having to do it everytime you want to get somewhere.

I'm not so sure about that. If you think about it, fly is there so you don't have to walk all the way from sunnyshore to snowpoint city. If they do all those cool things with fly it would get tiresome very quickly. I think it would be cool for some parts of the game but not having to do it everytime you want to get somewhere.
Just add a "quick button" or option to use Fly like it is now.

when you use fly, you are put on top of your pokemon and you can fly to whatever city you want, if you dont want the boring reach there part, press start and select go to city, this allow you to reach the city you want right away.

Key items that allow you to learn moves, but you don't have to learn them, that way if you REALLY wanted to learn a move (SURF *cough* SURF) you can get rid of them.

there should totally be a cloud area. like, where you walk on clouds and all that, and all kinds of flying types are around, and you HAVE to fly there (you cant get there otherwise).

Also, barnyard anyone?
Catch some chickens (Fly/Fight)
Miltank
Some kind of pig
pumpkins (ghost/grass)
and a scarecrow that only comes out friday nights, like drifloon (it'd probably be ghost/fight)

when you use fly, you are put on top of your pokemon and you can fly to whatever city you want, if you dont want the boring reach there part, press start and select go to city, this allow you to reach the city you want right away.
True, and maybe you could get to secret places if you did fly :D

there should totally be a cloud area. like, where you walk on clouds and all that, and all kinds of flying types are around, and you HAVE to fly there (you cant get there otherwise).
Reminds me of the Sky Tower in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Blue and Red Rescue Teams. I recall the Sky Tower is where the team fought Rayquaza, and after the Teleport Gem is broken, the team has to use the HM Fly to get there, be it from the machine itself or a Pokémon that knows it, but the only other Pokémon that got Fly by level-up was Salamence at Level 50 (which would have been recruited as a Bagon in Wyvern Hill iirc)

I've always wanted to see a dream area where you can only get to when you go to bed. The Darkrai event doesn't count because you could only go there once (or until you capture Darkrai). It'd be cool with some Pokemon that you can only catch in your dreams and it could be a really pretty but, at the same time, colorful and trippy land.
They should let you do whatever you want in that dream world like turn into a Pokemon and fly and whatnot. That could be a good place to put some sort of rematch place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)