Pokemon Black & White, aka Gen 5. Coming to Japan in Fall 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few years ago, when the holon sets ere around in TCG and thought of a way this could be implemented into the game. I came up with the idea of giving some pokemon a few extra types that could be implemented once you get to a certain point in the game. For example, you could change Salamence to a dragon/flying type to a dragon/fire type. Now Salamence would have STAB with the fire moves it usually caries, though it would now carry a weakness to ground. To take it further, some pokemon could only learn cetain moves when they were a certain type, such as fire type salmence carrying flare blitz, while it would lose the always useful roost.

Just a thought..

You guys are forgetting that theres a TWO TURN set up to make a fusion.

In fact, I'll show you how even a Skarmory completely stops this fusion without even taking a scratch:

-FUCK- switched in Empoleon
Tyranitar used Crunch
Its not very effective!

Opponet switched in Skarmory
Empoleon used Fusion
Empoleon is glowing!

-FUCK- switched in Gallade
Gallade is fusing with Empoleon!
Galladeon was formed!
Skarmory used whirlwind...

And there you go, Skarmory didn't even have to take a hit to do that, and the fusion is stopped and I'll have to reset that up all over again. You guys are really overestimating this. In double battles, Regigigas can be set up in one turn, but he is still not used much at all in there, and is far from broken.
Not every team carries Roar or Whirlwind. If the other person can't stop the Fusion in 2 turns, you'll have an unstoppable monster. Regigigas can get rid of his ability but he is very capable of being taken down. One HeadSmash from Relicanth can wipe out Regigigas but fusion Pokemon are just too strong.

The format has been practically the same since Gen 1, and you choose to complain now? you should have withdrawn after Gen 2 if the "boring format" is such a problem for you. and what "minor adjustments" are you referring to? we know nothing about the game play yet, so it's impossible to make that claim. unless you're just referring to graphics, in which case, it's the most significant graphical change in the series yet so it's hardly a "minor adjustment" in that sense.

also, what the fuck is the "Soul of Pokemon"? the only thing it could be is the game play/graphics/everything in Gen 1. it's ridiculous to expect the games to remain unchanged from Gen 1. that would be absolutely horrible if nothing changed. on another note, you're pretty much complaining that this game has good graphics (since thats all we know about the game so far), which is also stupid, just so you know. with all the game play changes that make each gen function differently from the last (hold items, abilities, natures, physical/special split), thinking that graphics are the only thing that changes is just plain fucking ridiculous.
i deliberately capitalized it to show it didnt really exist.

i plan to not explain my post. but i said nothing about graphics you just made that hypothesis at some point during your post.

A few years ago, when the holon sets ere around in TCG and thought of a way this could be implemented into the game. I came up with the idea of giving some pokemon a few extra types that could be implemented once you get to a certain point in the game. For example, you could change Salamence to a dragon/flying type to a dragon/fire type. Now Salamence would have STAB with the fire moves it usually caries, though it would now carry a weakness to ground. To take it further, some pokemon could only learn cetain moves when they were a certain type, such as fire type salmence carrying flare blitz.
That's what I said. Have the next "villan" Genetically engineer alternate Pokemon. Dragon type Gyara, Ice type Vileploom. Just like in Colluseum/Gale of Darkness.

BTW, correct me if I am wrong, but was the only reason Gyarados was a Water/Flying type because they wanted to make Dragonite more "mysterious" and "majestic" by being the only Dragon? I'm just curious.....

And there you go, Skarmory didn't even have to take a hit to do that
And......besides Roar and Whirlwind....what others ways can stop this? And lets say Skarm doesn't switch in/against people like me w/o Skarm/Swampert? You would be able to sweep unphazed.

And also, why is this such a bad idea? Put yourself in Gamefreak's shoe's, your boss tells you that you need to come up with the next big addition to the next generation. Now one of your colleages shows you this idea, are you really going to say "wtf, this is the stupidest idea I've ever heard. That would be copying digimon and Yu-gi-ho, and it isn't in the Pokemon spirit. Do you actually think our market, 6-12 year old kids, are going to like the idea of fusing their favorite pokemon with eachother in order to make powerfull creations they never dreamed of? Bullshit, gtfo outta my office." Yeah right, in fact, I'll bet the 5th gen WILL include some form of fusing pokemon. They said it will bring HUGE additions to the game, I can easily see fusion being one of them.

SR turns hundreds upon thousands off 2/3HKOs into OHKO and keeps pesky, weakened Pokemon from coming back in. It also helps that there are Pokemon who actually get SR besides the normal Skarm and Forre. And there are a lot of Pokemon immune to Spikes, and even more immune to T-Spikes (as well as T-Spikes relative easy method of switching in Roserade/Tenta). It also doesn't take 3 turns to set up. Without 3 turns, T-Spikes is more of a burden because you can simply recover from normal poison, and it stops you from Para/Burning enemies, and normal spikes will easily be recovered regardless. (There are also no Pokemon immune to it)

Although I do have to agree, it does have way to big an impact on the tier system. i.e. Charizard is banned to NU because it loses 50% of HP just by switching in.
Yeah, like I said, it's just an improved version of Spikes. It's the same concept anyways; damage upon switching in.

Who the hell is going to switch Skarmory into Empoleon? Sure it could Whirlwind it's Sub Petaya attempts, but it would still eat a Surf. Better idea, Gallade fuses with Octillery.

And also, why is this such a bad idea? Put yourself in Gamefreak's shoe's, your boss tells you that you need to come up with the next big addition to the next generation. Now one of your colleges shows you this idea, are you really going to say "wtf, this is the stupidest idea I've ever heard. That would be copying digimon and Yu-gi-ho, and it isn't in the Pokemon spirit. Do you actually think our market, 6-12 year old kids, are going to like the idea of fusing their favorite pokemon with eachother in order to make powerfull creations they never dreamed of? Bullshit, gtfo outta my office." Yeah right, in fact, I'll bet the 5th gen WILL include some form of fusing pokemon. They said it will bring HUGE additions to the game, I can easily see fusion being one of them.
I bet they won't. Every time they have HUGE additions, it adds something good and fair to the game (Dark/Steel, Abilities, Phys/Spc Split), not something that would create all sorts of chaos. This is GameFreak we're talking about, not Wizet.

I'll bet the 5th gen WILL include some form of fusing pokemon. They said it will bring HUGE additions to the game, I can easily see fusion being one of them.
When he was talking bout "Pokemon Spirit", he meant Pokemon was the only game where the main character (i.e. Agumon, The Dark Magician) isn't completely immortal and where, if someone wins or loses, than it actually makes sense why. Not because they are destined or anything, but because they went through all the hard work to do that. Ash has lost plenty of times, but you don't see the main character in Yu-Gi-Oh ever lose. Pokemon has this crazy tendency to actually make sense. A penguin genetically re-arranging it's molecular structure to combine with another monster doesn't make sense. Maybe a new move like that for Porygon or Mew, who do it regardless, but not for ordinary Pokemon, and not with abilities that extreme.

And keep in mind, of all the stunts GF has pulled, their creations usually had some logic. Game Freak knows when something is just too out of control/doesn't make any sense. Just because some DeviantArt looks cool, doesn't mean it is a good idea.

Yeah, like I said, it's just an improved version of Spikes. It's the same concept anyways; damage upon switching in.
Well ya. But the facts I mentioned make it more viable and something to actually watch out for.

And also, why is this such a bad idea? Put yourself in Gamefreak's shoe's, your boss tells you that you need to come up with the next big addition to the next generation. Now one of your colleages shows you this idea, are you really going to say "wtf, this is the stupidest idea I've ever heard. That would be copying digimon and Yu-gi-ho, and it isn't in the Pokemon spirit. Do you actually think our market, 6-12 year old kids, are going to like the idea of fusing their favorite pokemon with eachother in order to make powerfull creations they never dreamed of? Bullshit, gtfo outta my office." Yeah right, in fact, I'll bet the 5th gen WILL include some form of fusing pokemon. They said it will bring HUGE additions to the game, I can easily see fusion being one of them.
The thing is we don't work for game freak and even if we did some people still wouldn't like the idea so the idea is improved on. If this would be in the game it would take some adjustments.

The thing is we don't work for game freak and even if we did some people still wouldn't like the idea so the idea is improved on. If this would be in the game it would take some adjustments.
A lot if adjustments to keep this thing from being overpowered and from creating ridiculous mutations.

PLEASE no fusions. It's making my head hurt thinking about how digimon-ish and broken they would be. Now a form change for Garchomp. That should be taken into consideration. I mean look at it. It looks different when it's flying.
Ha, just kidding.

By the way, a Dragon/Steel sounds suddenly interesting

When he was talking bout "Pokemon Spirit", he meant Pokemon was the only game where the main character (i.e. Agumon, The Dark Magician) isn't completely immortal and where, if someone wins or loses, than it actually makes sense why. Not because they are destined or anything, but because they went through all the hard work to do that. Ash has lost plenty of times, but you don't see the main character in Yu-Gi-Oh ever lose.
The main characters do lose to the antagonists sometimes. Still, fusion would be extremely weird in Pokemon and it barely even makes sense in Digimon. Atleast in Digimon, they're supposed to get new formes every two episodes and evolve into things with rocket launcers in there chests. Fusions are bad flavorwise and competively.

PLEASE no fusions. It's making my head hurt thinking about how digimon-ish and broken they would be. Now a form change for Garchomp. That should be taken into consideration. I mean look at it. It looks different when it's flying.
Ha, just kidding.

By the way, a Dragon/Steel sounds suddenly interesting
Like Dialga? Yea. I'm not a big fan of fusions either. It's just not right...it's perfectly fine being fan art but being part of the game?

The main characters do lose to the antagonists sometimes. Still, fusion would be extremely weird in Pokemon and it barely even makes sense in Digimon.
Well ya, but Digimon are deleted and in Yu-Gi-Oh, whenever the main character loses, it usually signals "the end of the world". And back when I watched it, he had 5 new cards every episode. A lot of the time it was just some random card that doesn't even exist outside of the Anime to make sure he looks heroic. He once had a card that could fuse with whatever so he always one and ended up creating random garbage with abilities like "when played on the field, your enemy loses half their life a turn".

Augumon went waaaaaay past Mega form, which is supposed to be the limit. And in one of the older movies, this little blue thing went past mega to super mega to super nova and eventually had like 11 forms. Then he would fuse with every other Digimon to make some ultimate creature. It's why I stopped watching it. It got way past seeming weird and making no sense, and eventually gave the message "use this, or else there is no point in playing!"

The point is, Pokemon has a lot of things unique about it. And I don't want to see it being thrown away by something like fusions, where the only desicion in a team is "should I fuse, Gyra and T-Tar, or T-tar and Mence?". It would make broken Pokemon too powerfull, and strategy would fly out the window. That, and GF wont make such a supercilious decision just because they are to lazy to think of something better. They haven't started yet, and I don't think they will any time soon.

Oh crap I forgot about Dialga! And here I thought I was on to something. I don't know anymore ideas GameFreak could come up with. I mean the physical/special split was the best thing on earth. I don't know what they could change after that. A fourth evolution seems sort of unlikely though this does bring back memories of a weird dream I had that included an evolution for Nidoking.

Now that I think of it, I've always wanted a normal Eevee evolution. Just...a bigger looking Eevee. Something that would happen if the trainer didn't want an elemental Eevee-lution

As for fourth evolutions, is anyone forgetting the concept with Poliwag's and Oddish's family? A pokemon doesn't need to have to evolve three times in order for there to be four species in one family.

Now that I think of it, I've always wanted a normal Eevee evolution. Just...a bigger looking Eevee. Something that would happen if the trainer didn't want an elemental Eevee-lution
I hope they do. Adaptability. Evolves by Moon Stone. Or maybe something tricky, like having the origional 3evos (Jolt, Flare and Vapor) in your party w/ evee.

I can't wait for them to make a legend who has more power than the one who created the universe. But keep in ming, It might be like back in G/S where the legends where nothing more than over powered Pokemon myths.

I was just stating some ideas. They might make a new item.

I really think they should make an item that extends Gravity and TR. An maybe even Tailwind (probably a different item, though).

Light Clay should start extending Safeguard.
lol. That makes a lot of sense.

Porygon Z's an example: P2 Evolving from Porygon with an item, and then P2 evolving into PZ with another item, although it needed to be traded both times.
Maybe, but keep in mind, that's Porygon. He was made to show how technology changes over time. Since he isn't alive, up-grading his programming with new software is....well...the only way to change him at all. Lol. I can imagine Porygon getting a virus, or his sound card/battery going bad or needing to be replaced. Hacking a Porygon to learn moves like Blast Burn or something like that would probably be possible in reality. lol

I hope they do. Adaptability. Evolves by Moon Stone. Or maybe something tricky, like having the origional 3evos (Jolt, Flare and Vapor) in your party w/ evee.

I can't wait for them to make a legend who has more power than the one who created the universe. But keep in ming, It might be like back in G/S where the legends where nothing more than over powered Pokemon myths.
Well, depending on how you would like to interpret it, Arcues is just a "creator", and merely one Arcues that was born from an egg had created everything. Although we would interpret him as "God" that wouldn't necessarily make him the presider over things like Heaven. We may still get our "God" within the next generation since we need someone to oppose Giritina.

just popping in to suggest something about the cave picture

Notice the black stuff that is just jutting out of the ground. What is that stuff? Does it have to do with the storyline, or is it just some decor of the cave? My theory is that they're a form of roadblock that you have to use a new HM move to get past. I don't know what that might be, but it seems that they might be placed to block entry to certain parts of the cave, specifically the one on the lower-right-hand side.

What do you folks think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)