Pokemon Black and White (SPECULATIONS ALLOWED HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bred.

47 fucking Scyther's.

Until I got an adamant one with Technician.
First Scyther I ran into at the Bug-Catching contest?

Adamant. Technician. Decent defensive IVs. It's been sitting in my box, preparing to rape pink slime all day so I can get a better one.

I bred.

47 fucking Scyther's.

Until I got an adamant one with Technician.
wait 47? that is nothing

NOTHING

try 250 snorunts and NOT A SINGLE MODEST OR TIMID FEMALE. My first specslass was serious and you can bet I noticed when it couldn't outspeed manectrics or ohko mismagius.

on topic, has anyone given any thought to a bellossom counterpart? weepinbell with a moon/sun stone... that evo line is kind of lonely, don't you think?

I could picture a banette evo having a similar stat spread to honchkrow. It would be a rather frail, not so fast, mixed attacker. perhaps something like 74/125/70/113/68/75 (525 BST). it could work if they gave it a really good physical ghost STAB and a better movepool in general. I really don't see its attack going THAT high (stronger than gyarados? I don't think so), but instead getting a large boost in a previously lesser stat (similar to how dusclops got a huge boost in attack and only a slight boost in defenses)

I bet that if Banette gets a evo, it will get a little boost on defense and speed while getting a great boost on attack and a decent boost on sp.atk.
Mixed ghost is where Banette is at.
Honestly, I'd rather see Banette just get a bit better defenses and NO SPEED, but higher Attack. I rather the idea of Banette being able to set up a Trick Room and at least abuse that condition a bit. :3

I mean, come on, that's the first thing I always think of whenever I see Banette anymore. I would swear it's his signature, like how you also know every Dusknoir will run Wisp. :P

You kiddin'? Banette screams speedy mixed attacker. I really don't care what defences it gets, as long as Speed gets a major boost.

We've already got enough defencive/support Ghost types.

You know, if that Ghost/Rock/Ground pokemon gets stealth rock, then it would be the only ghost type that could block their own stealth rocks. It it becomes defensive like Dusknoir and bets better attacking stats, then I can see Dusknoir going BL. Also I think Magic Guard is gonna get nerfed next gen because Rankurusu gets both Magic Guard AND Dustproof.

I'm guessing Magic Guard won't protect from Weather effects, but just everything else. This would make Magic Guard and Dust Proof together cover all passive damage, but divide it up so that neither is too overpowered. Even though Magic Guard would be better.

Edit- @Scicky: Wow, really? I'm assuming that's only when it's out, so it's better when used in Triple or Double Battles. Really gives variety to Sandstorm teams.

-Tyranitar/Hippowdon
-Rankurusu
-Whatever
-You
-Want
-Here

I could picture a banette evo having a similar stat spread to honchkrow. It would be a rather frail, not so fast, mixed attacker. perhaps something like 74/125/70/113/68/75 (525 BST). it could work if they gave it a really good physical ghost STAB and a better movepool in general. I really don't see its attack going THAT high (stronger than gyarados? I don't think so), but instead getting a large boost in a previously lesser stat (similar to how dusclops got a huge boost in attack and only a slight boost in defenses)
This is a pretty nice spread for Banette, but I would like for them to differentiate it entirely from other ghosts. We already have bulky physical attacker Dusknoir, bulky SpA Rotom-A/Mismagius, average all-around Drifblim, and fast SpA Gengar - we need a fast physical/mixed attacker.

64/117/65/113/63/103 (525 BST) seems like it'd be the way to go. Frail, yes, but it is fast and hits hard on both ends of the spectrum, and lol trolls Garchomp with that speed. Widen its movepool just a bit and I could see a set like this working:

Banette Evo@Life Orb
Naive; 72 Atk / 184 SpA / 252 Spe

Calm Mind
Brick Break
Shadow Ball
Substitute/Thunderbolt/Shadow Sneak

Basically boils down to enough Atk to 2HKO Min/Max Bold Blissey with Brick Break, max speed to outrun Jolly Garchomp, and the rest tossed into SpA. Sub lets it set up on Blissey, Thunderbolt is for coverage, and Shadow Sneak is nice priority that prevents it from being too easily revenged by the likes of Starmie, Infernape, Gengar, etc. If only...

Outside of Eevee, is there another Pokemon that doubles its base speed upon evolution? Seem like you're just hoping against hope for another speedy mix attacker, rather than looking at what's realistic.

This is a pretty nice spread for Banette, but I would like for them to differentiate it entirely from other ghosts. We already have bulky physical attacker Dusknoir, bulky SpA Rotom-A/Mismagius, average all-around Drifblim, and fast SpA Gengar - we need a fast physical/mixed attacker.

64/117/65/113/63/103 (525 BST) seems like it'd be the way to go. Frail, yes, but it is fast and hits hard on both ends of the spectrum, and lol trolls Garchomp with that speed. Widen its movepool just a bit and I could see a set like this working:

Banette Evo@Life Orb
Naive; 72 Atk / 184 SpA / 252 Spe

Calm Mind
Brick Break
Shadow Ball
Substitute/Thunderbolt/Shadow Sneak

Basically boils down to enough Atk to 2HKO Min/Max Bold Blissey with Brick Break, max speed to outrun Jolly Garchomp, and the rest tossed into SpA. Sub lets it set up on Blissey, Thunderbolt is for coverage, and Shadow Sneak is nice priority that prevents it from being too easily revenged by the likes of Starmie, Infernape, Gengar, etc. If only...
No, we just need a faster ALL-PHYSICAL Ghost. Dusknoir can pull off a Calm Mind and Tanking set much better, Mismagius and Gengar have the Special Side dominated along with Rotom, and Drifblim has found it's place at support.

I say, no more SpA, yes to more Attack, and maybe to Speed. Defenses can be increased, yes, but I still would like Banette to remain fairly frail.

Outside of Eevee, is there another Pokemon that doubles its base speed upon evolution? Seem like you're just hoping against hope for another speedy mix attacker, rather than looking at what's realistic.
Shelgon -> Salamence.
Snorunt -> Froslass.

That's just NFE -> Fully evolved, and there's probably more. Unevolved -> NFE I'm sure there are tons.

Shelgon -> Salamence.
Snorunt -> Froslass.

That's just NFE -> Fully evolved, and there's probably more. Unevolved -> NFE I'm sure there are tons.
Nincada>Ninjask as well, but well... Ninjask has overkill speed (it's 4 times faster without Speed Boost <_<)

@-Life-: are those confirmed?

Here i was, thinking about what abilities the starters could possibly get.
Also took alook into the starters pokedex. Here's my conclusions:

Venusaur - Solar Power
Charizard - Reckless
Blastoise - Sniper

Meganium - Magic Guard (wow)
Typhlosion - Flash Fire
Feraligatr - Water Veil
I'll refrain about the others.
Uhhhmmm, don't you mean:

Venusaur - Herbivore
Charizard - Flash Fire
Blastoise - Water Absorb?

You know, because each ability gets a boost from their respective type?

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It would save so much time and effort if abilities were passed down while breeding, and like Skylar56 said, open up new stuff for pokemon without requiring wi-fi (Because god knows some people are too lazy to get a working wi-fi connection for their DS...like me)
It would save even more time and effort to cut that EV training bullshit out and just let us modify the EVs manually. IVs are stupid too, just another frustrating element of the game we have to go through before we're even able to play it.

I can see Dust Proof being very viable for Ubers. I mean, shove a Dust Proof 'Mon on a team and suddenly Shedinja just becomes THAT more viable... No need for a Kyogre on Shedinja teams anymore.

I can see Dust Proof being very viable for Ubers. I mean, shove a Dust Proof 'Mon on a team and suddenly Shedinja just becomes THAT more viable... No need for a Kyogre on Shedinja teams anymore.
I was under the impression that Dust Proof only works on your teammates in 2v2, 3v3, and rotational battles.

So in our regular 1v1 metagame Dust Proof won't protect the rest of your team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)