Pokemon Battle Revolution Appreciation Thread

I don't have any pictures on me.
But please show your love for the best Pokemon battling experience known to man. Complete with:
  • The best attack animations of any Pokemon game to date.
  • Great moving 3D models with an idling animation that brings the personality of every Pokemon to life.
  • Amazing commentary provided for the battle! "That's a hit this time!" "The Substitute appears!" "ROTOM starts to atack!" (with the option to turn it off too if you're a heretic, but hey, at least it's there...)

I never got the chance to play it myself but I thought the UI looked pretty slick whenever Poketubers chose to use it for footage of wifi battles back in the day. Great art direction all around.

Rezzo

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Pre-Contributor
Great memories with this game. It was one of the first (official) Pokémon games that allowed online battling between random players, and I took full advantage at the time despite Nintendo Wi-Fi being god-awful, even for a turn-based game like this.

I don't think you received any rewards in-game for winning battles online but it was good fun nonetheless.

Bro, I loved this game so much. I remember back in the day when Pokemon stuff like Battle Revolution and Gen 5 as a whole were getting hate. Look at them now, getting so much love from fans. The animations were so incredible that every time I played through Platinum, I transferred my team to see them plow through the trainers. I got this game only for the cover art years ago and without any prior knowledge. (Plus look at that Pikachu on the cover art.) Glad I did since it's my favorite Wii game as lame as that sounds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)