Poke-Ghetto Lizard

Back with another RMT is me! Nezumi! Yes that was a horrible rhyme but don't mind it. While I was wandering the depths of smogon's RMT's one day I when noticed a lack of my favorite 5th Generation Pokemon: Scrafty. So now ladies and gentlemen, is my attempt at a decent team based on Scrafty. Enjoy!

This Team At a Glance

A Poke-Ghetto Lizard Indeed

Scrafty @ Lum Berry
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch

Scrafty has to be one of the most under-appreciated Pokemon in this BW OU metagame. With access to an incredible boosting move in Dragon Dance and a reliable STAB that doubles as pesudo-recovery. Crunch covers the ghosts that Scrafty cannot touch with Drain Punch and Ice Punch rounds out the set by taking on threats like Gliscor, Dragonite, and the Lati twins.

Zap Zap

Jolteon @ Choice Specs
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
Jolteon is the obvious revenge killer on this team, equipped with Choice Specs, he can unleash powerful Thunderbolt's on anything not resisting his main STAB move. With Shadow Ball Gengar is easily taken care of. Hidden Power Ice neutralizes Dragon's and can even take out a Dragonite once Multiscale has been broken.

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 236 HP / 36 Def / 220 SDef
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Taunt
- Toxic

*Note: Sorry about not posting a description for Jellicent, didn't notice I had deleted it.
Jellicent form's the solid core with Ferrothorn as Jellicent soaks in those fire and fighting type attacks that target it. Recover prolongs Longetivity and Taunt prevents Jellicent from being complete set-up bait. Toxic helps stall out those who would otherwise wall Jellicent completely and Scald rounds out the set by giving Jellicent an actual attacking move and a nice chance to burn if physical sweepers decide to switch into him otherwise.

5th Generation's Forretress

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
Many a game where I have been confronted with a pokemon that has boosted up, but is close to death and that 12% from Iron Barbs just doesn't cut it. Now with Rocky Helmet equipped, opposing contact moves deal over a quarter of their max health to the opponents Pokemon every time! Ferrothorn is the last Pokemon in my main, and wildly popular Fire-Water-Grass core with it's spot on defense and above average special defense. Gyro Ball and Power Whip make for powerful dual STAB's. Leech Seed prolongs longetivity and Spikes Set's up hazards for all the switches Jolteon may force.

Snip-Snip?

Gliscor @ Flying Gem
Trait: Poison Heal
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Earthquake
Those crazy eyes just tell you that Gliscor has the makings to be a mad scientist, flying around with a Acrobatics while dropping that Flying Gem making him angry enough to hit with STAB move more powerful then a Hyper Beam on the first shot. As Gliscor uses Swords Dance his attack power rockets up to very high levels. with Acrobatics and substitute Gliscor is able to even punch straight through his arch-nemesis, Rotom-W.

Attack of the Giant 4 Legged Steel Block....

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Trait: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 100 SDef / 160 Spd
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Toxic
Heatran replaces Torkoal on this team and while it takes away slightly from the originality value, it provides a valuable phazer while taking away from Torkoal's unfortunate SR weakness. With Toxic Heatran can help win tedious weather wars while the residual damage starts to stack up for the opponent.

Comments
Now so far a weakness on this team that I've seen is it's vulnerability to the Bulky set up sweepers. Many times I've lost because of being unable to stop my opponents sweep. So that is my question right now.

The pokemon I'm most able to change is Gliscor as it seem's when Scrafty has obtained some DD's he is able to sweep almost unopposed.

Now that Torkoal is gone Rapid Spin is a slight problem as Scrafty able to be hit by all types of entry hazards.

Hoping for some help on this team! Thanks!

Oh and sorry for not posting this earlier, this is the importable version of the team.

Jolteon @ Choice Specs
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 216 SDef / 44 Spd
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Taunt
- Toxic

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
- Spikes
- Leech Seed

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Scrafty @ Lum Berry
Trait: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch

Gliscor @ Flying Gem
Trait: Poison Heal
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
- Substitute
- Earthquake

Changes will be made in BOLD

It seems you're lacking a description for Jellicent. I do enjoy that you have NU pokemon in a OU team though. Pretty nice work.

For jolteon change your nature to a timid one and for phazers just replace torkoal for heatran I know heatran is the most obvious choice but he can act as a phazer and set up stealth rock in the end torkoal just holds your team back significantly

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hi NezumiX3

First off nice team you have here, always love seeing players using the ghetto lizard ;). Looking at your team, I can see setup sweepers such as Dragon Dance Dragonite and DD Salamence as being the largest threats. After they grab a boost, they can really hurt your team with Outrage and they usually carry Fire Punch and Fire Blast respectively in order to take out Ferrothorn. To check these threats, I suggest replacing Torkoal with a Standard Defensive Heatran with a moveset of Stealth Rock / Toxic / Roar / Lava Plume. The item you use on Heatran should be Air Balloon as this allows you to dodge Ground type attacks and not fear Earthquake from Salamence and occasionally Dragonite. Defensive Heatran has great special bulk to give you a switch in into Special attackers and can use Lava Plume for a chance to burn and cripple Physical threats. Heatran also has access to Roar, providing you with the phazing move you desired, which allows you to force set up users out and shuffle your opponents team, racking up Stealth Rock and Spikes damage. Toxic is used in order to wear down walls such as Jellicent and Gastrodon who Heatran would otherwise have trouble dealing with. Another benefit Heatran has over Torkoal is its superior Steel secondary typing which gives it handy resistances to Dragon and Psychic as well as 4X resisting Bug and Steel attacks.

Now for some smaller changes. First I would change Jolteon’s nature from Modest to Timid. This allows you to outspeed Adamant Gyarados after a Dragon Dance and also Pokemon such as Starmie. In general it is more beneficial to use a speed positive nature on offensive Pokemon so that you can outspeed those in slower speed tiers as well as force speed ties with those in the same speed tier. Next I would change Jellicents EV spread to one of 248 HP / 216 SDef / 44 Spd with a Calm Nature. The reason for the 44 Spd EV is to outspeed the Standard Choice Band Scizor set that runs 8 Spd EVs so that you can hit the metal mantis with Scald and hope for a burn before it can do anything to you. Lastly you said that the most replaceable Pokemon on your team is Gliscor but I recommend that you keep him as he is your most reliable check to standard Sand team threats such as Terrakion and Tyranitar without Ice Beam.

Hope I helped and good luck with your team!

Set:

Heatran (M) @ Air Balloon
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Roar
- Lava Plume

tl;dr

Torkoal ----> Specially Defensive Heatran
Modest Nature on Jolteon ----> Timid
Jellicent EV Spread ----> 248 HP / 216 SDef / 44 Spd with Calm Nature

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)