Pokémon XY General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they were to release new content what do y'all think it'd be?
We are almost surely going to get some of the details of Newtwo. Previous Junes have always talked about the movie co-stars; June 2006 talked about Manaphy's ability and signature move; details of Zoroark/Zorua's abilities and events were mentioned in June 2010 and details of Resolute Form were discussed in June 2012. And most importantly, we are only a month away from the movie release and the thing still doesn't have an offical name that's been confirmed nor appeared in merchandise besides the posters.

Sylveon will also probably be discussed, unless they want to milk the hype further, which they probably will at this point.

While we are a month before the pre-release schedule of Black and White as we had the counterparts of the Pokémon that has been shown in July in this month, some of the Pokémon that were showcased in July(that is, Patrat, Woobat and Axew) were showcased most likely because they appeared in the early trailers of the Best Wishes, and since we traditionally got information regarding new series in mid/late-July(even in R/S era) we are most likely aren't going to get information related to that until next month(so no to main Pokémon of the new animé protagonists for a while, unless a leak of sorts happens like it happened in B/W with the character sheet and the prototype merchandise).

Everything else already been posted before me so w/e.

I just realized that, I think, the trusted leak guy predicted Fairy type would most likely be announced sometime last month. Well, it wasn't. New type this month maybe, if there is one? I could see it happening with the upcoming movie short, E3 speaking, AND CoroCoro. It wouldn't be the worst time to announce such a thing.

I'm feeling it this time. This month will be the month for Slyveon's typing.
New, old, whatever we're finding out that typing this month.
I seriously do not see them dragging this out for yet another month without giving us anything, especially since Slyeon's short is right there before the movie proper & they're burning through stuff to promote it.

Especially since the other big 6th gen representative (as yusuf pointed out) is likely to get a whole bunch of info revealed it'd be weird to leave the ACTUAL new Pokemon out of it.
And since we're on the movie track, I expect Xerneas & Yveltal's typings/abilities as well if only to put them in the spotlight some more since they'll likely be in the 17th movie teaser & anime teaser posters.

The final big thing I'm hoping for is a Sabeleye evo. Unless they want to keep it as a surprise on the level of victini, this is their last chance to reveal one before the movie.
If it doesn't get one then I'm just baffled as to why it, of all Pokemon showing up in the movie, gets to be important (for a measure of importance, obviously).
It's a fairly obscure, rarish Pokemon from 3rd gen! He's not even voiced by anyone special like the movie's Geodude is.

hopefully the sableye evo wouldnt get prankster lol that would be a mess

on the subject of feraligatr and victreebel i think the mispelling gives it character, and makes it more unique. and weve known their names as that for so long itd be a bit silly to change them now. however movies like dynamicpunch should be fixed, if only by putting a space inbetween.

after all this hype about sylveons type id be and id imagine everyone else would be disappointed if it wasnt a new type and they just said like ''sylveon is rock type, enjoy!''
you shouldnt hype something up and dont deliver that just leads to disappointment.

i wish english games got shiny genesect looks sick

waiting for new info... the worst part of war is the waiting, same with pokemon

Dunsparce seems hopping into peoples faces from everywhere right now. It is going to have its own episode in anime soon (and Ash is going to capture it?), one Pokemon Smash dude has it in his team, it is in new Mystery dungeon (at least in boxart, not sure if any importance in game itself) and if I remember right it got into some kind of toy or something. Pretty many appearances for such a random pokemon IMHO.

So, Dunsparce evolution.

nice hope so. dunsparce has always been a favorite of mine. hed be cool as a dragon/normal bulky paraflincher. hopefully its as awesome as this fanart

Dunsparce seems hopping into peoples faces from everywhere right now. It is going to have its own episode in anime soon (and Ash is going to capture it?), one Pokemon Smash dude has it in his team, it is in new Mystery dungeon (at least in boxart, not sure if any importance in game itself) and if I remember right it got into some kind of toy or something. Pretty many appearances for such a random pokemon IMHO.

So, Dunsparce evolution.
Yeah Dunsparce was a main character in Gates to Infinity. It's getting some spotlight right now.

So, Dunsparce evolution.
The anime episode doesn't mean much, it's not even the actual focus of the episode (& no reason to think Ash will get it). I believe the guy using it on Pokemon Smash just uses his favorite Pokemon and putting importance on only one of his Pokemon means ignoring the rest of his team and the rest of the teams used on that segment.
I have no idea about recent merchandise but that happens to all Pokemon; Stunfisk is the last Pokemon I remember getting a huge marketing push but that was because it's inexplicably incredibly popular.

I'm not saying a Dunsparce evolution isn't a possibility, but I don't think this stuff acts as "evidence" to it at all.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I just realized that, I think, the trusted leak guy predicted Fairy type would most likely be announced sometime last month. Well, it wasn't. New type this month maybe, if there is one? I could see it happening with the upcoming movie short, E3 speaking, AND CoroCoro. It wouldn't be the worst time to announce such a thing.
He said "anytime UNTIL July". Hirobyte, that is. I've never seen Pokebeach's source saying a word about this.

If Dunsparce evolves, he would most likely evolve into a Ground/Flying type. He has little wings and learns the moves Roost and Dig, and being one of the only non-Flying natural learners of Roost, we can obviously guess. If you take stats into comparison, compare Staravia. They both have almost equal stats (D: 100/70/65 70/65 + 45) (S: 55/50/40 75/40 + 80)

When Staravia evolves, it gains 30/10/10 45/10 + 20. Apply some of those (HP and Speed) and Dunsparce gets 130/ 115/110 (I pretty much guessed) 115/110 + 65. "Newsparce" would be actually good. I just guessed and I'm not speculating a Dunsparce evo.

If Dunsparce evolves, he would most likely evolve into a Ground/Flying type. He has little wings and learns the moves Roost and Dig, and being one of the only non-Flying natural learners of Roost, we can obviously guess. If you take stats into comparison, compare Staravia. They both have almost equal stats (D: 100/70/65 70/65 + 45) (S: 55/50/40 75/40 + 80)

When Staravia evolves, it gains 30/10/10 45/10 + 20. Apply some of those (HP and Speed) and Dunsparce gets 130/ 115/110 (I pretty much guessed) 115/110 + 65. "Newsparce" would be actually good. I just guessed and I'm not speculating a Dunsparce evo.
That's pretty explicitly speculation on a dunsparce evo, dude

Frankly i don't see how it's worse than cherubi or whatever the prevo was called, if it were an inanimate object like a piece of wood I'd be concerned but this is fine. Watermelon actually was foreshadowed in the anime, and it's pretty much sure to have bullet seed looks to be a physical grass type, it's evolution (something that small can't be a standalone) will probably be a full melon so a slowish grass with good defense, probably similar to Torterra minus the ground stab

Frankly i don't see how it's worse than cherubi or whatever the prevo was called, if it were an inanimate object like a piece of wood I'd be concerned but this is fine. Watermelon actually was foreshadowed in the anime, and it's pretty much sure to have bullet seed looks to be a physical grass type, it's evolution (something that small can't be a standalone) will probably be a full melon so a slowish grass with good defense, probably similar to Torterra minus the ground stab
It would probably have Harvest... Or maybe Chlorophyl

breh

強いだね
As much as I want a cooler water / grass, this is a... really lackluster idea. It has a lot in common with Cherubi but doesn't look as natural as it does, if only because that concept was pulled off rather well (cherry with little awkward bulb off the side -> cherry blossom that opens in sun)... It is admittedly cute but it's going to incite a lot of rage if the icecream mons / lamp mons are any example.

Lets talk abot something else. This seems more and more like a Fakemon every minute. Mind the rules of this thread, also. (Page 1)

Watermelmon looks like something out of a shameless Hello Kitty ripoff or a japanese children's nutrition commercial, but so do Chingling and Cherubi in my opinion. I'm calling shenanigans, since there have been many a time that watermelons are being feasted upon in the anime, and to have some melons that are suddenly alive in another land would be...very trippy, for lack of a better adjective

Why don't we talk about things from gen V that were rare but may become more of a commodity among the Kalos dex, like rare Pokemon/techniques/abilities? An example of each could be...Vullaby, Leech Horn and Moxie? There are plenty other entries for each category, and probably probably better ones to talk about.

Watermelmon looks like something out of a shameless Hello Kitty ripoff, but so does Chingling and Cherubi in my opinion.

Why don't we talk about things from gen V that were rare but may become more of a commodity among the Kalos dex, like rare Pokemon/techniques/abilities? An example of each could be...Vullaby, Leech Horn and Moxie? There are plenty other entries for each category, and probably probably better ones to talk about.
How about Contrary... If Contrary is on more Pokemonin Gen VI, the ability would be a little more _________.

And items.... would you be able to transport them in Gen VI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)