Programming Pokémon Showdown Damage Calculator

how is the chance to ?HKO calculated? If I sum the number of damage rolls that 1HKO over 16 I can get the chance to 1HKO, but when I try to account for multiple attempts my chance drifts from the calculator's %. I was dividing the HP by the # of hits & finding the chance that each attempt deals that portion of damage.
Edit: i worked it out, now just optimizing code for finding combinations of rolls that ko
https://github.com/smogon/damage-calc/blob/master/calc/src/desc.ts
when does computeKOChance recur itself?

Last edited:
Is there anyway to turn off the automatically calced abilities of zacian and zamazenta? I know I can change their abilities, but that is kind of annoying to have to do that every time i use them since their abilities no longer activate every time they switch in.

UT

Old habits die SCREAMING
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Team Rateris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Appeals + C&C Lead
It looks like the calc is not correctly giving the Hadron Engine boost to non-grounded pokemon.

Using this battle's turn one as a reference (we have confirmed the stat spreads involved):

0 SpA Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Ribombee: 157-186 (60.1 - 71.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (with Hadron Engine as the ability)
0 SpA Adaptability Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Ribombee: 210-248 (80.4 - 95%) -- guaranteed 2HKO (the correct boost)
0 SpA Hadron Engine Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Ribombee in Electric Terrain: 271-319 (103.8 - 122.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO (with Gravity in effect)

The damage roll in the battle was 91%, solidly in the middle of the Adapt and Hadron-but-not-Terrain-boosted damage range.

TL;DR: Hadron Engine should still give the 4/3ers boost to non-Grounded Pokemon in the calc even though they do not get the Terrain boost.

For some reason, Substitute is shown on the bottom left of the screen, when it should say Explosion. When I click the word Substitute, Explosion is highlighted in the menu that pops up.

Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 00.28.18.png
Screenshot 2024-01-22 at 00.28.54.png

Zapdos HP is 353 in the GSC damage calc (rather than 383). There is no HP DV value - posting here so hopefully someone can fix

Zapdos HP is 353 in the GSC damage calc (rather than 383). There is no HP DV value - posting here so hopefully someone can fix
This has been noticed, will be fixed ASAP.

There is a bug in calc of specs sylveon Hyper Voice vs Assault Vest toxtricity.
Could you please provide more details about the bug, like what gen you are calcing in and what the bug in question is?

Is there anyway to turn off the automatically calced abilities of zacian and zamazenta? I know I can change their abilities, but that is kind of annoying to have to do that every time i use them since their abilities no longer activate every time they switch in.
You could potentially give them -1 Attack to cancel out the +1 they get from their abilities.

This has been noticed, will be fixed ASAP.

Could you please provide more details about the bug, like what gen you are calcing in and what the bug in question is?

You could potentially give them -1 Attack to cancel out the +1 they get from their abilities.
Gen 9. Sylveon has pixilate toxtricity has punk rock

Can we get a toggle to only show default sets & a toggle to hide items, abilities, and moves that do 0 damage/ do not influence damage (TM's, run away, whirlwind)?
I hardly use the pasted sets and being able to sift through moves helps a ton.

Bug Report: When inputting any level over 100 it reverts to 100. If working as intended then this is a feature request lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)