Pokémon Lab - the successor to Shoddy Battle

Dusk, it definitely works on Macbooks.

Also, I'd love to see random battling implemented. Or even better, an option that assigns each player 6 random pokemon of a certain tier, each with one of the standard sets.

*Phew* That's a relief. I certainly don't mind having to double click it from the desktop - as long as I'm able to play, that doesn't seem to matter a whole heck of a lot.

Thanks a ton for the very detailed answer, GMLW! Glad to know that I'm not the only one who's had this problem.
No problem.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
On OSX, when installing the program, did you choose the Applications folder as the place it installed to? I did that and it works fine for me on the dock or launched from Applications.

Will the older Metagames be playable as well? I think - for instance - trying out the Pokemon Stadium 2 Challenge Cup would be fun. Or the Gen I gameboy battle that are glitchy as hell. ^^

Also, the CAP Metagame could be uploaded as well.

Hay guise, can we not compare a beta to Pokemon Online?
I mean, unless you're saying stuff like you like PkmnLab better or something.
Idunno, just a thought. If I made a program and people started making comparisons like "THIS IS STILL WAAYYYY OUTCLASSED BY THIS." while it's still in the beta stage, I'd feel kinda insulted. :/

On that note, freaking fantastic job to the guys who made this. I absolutely love this battle sim.

Anyways, on to my question. Anyone know where I can DL a HG/SS sprite package?

It seems whenever I actually try to use it it isn't working for whatever reason but the one time I actually got on and started battling successfully is was very nice, a definite improvement on the Shoddy. I miss the ladder but I presume that will be added in the more complete versions since this is still a beta.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
Whenever I try to connect to the server by selecting it on the server list, the window disappears and nothing happens.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
It seems whenever I actually try to use it it isn't working for whatever reason but the one time I actually got on and started battling successfully is was very nice, a definite improvement on the Shoddy. I miss the ladder but I presume that will be added in the more complete versions since this is still a beta.
The ladder is still there. Just click File and then Find.

sometimes it works for me sometimes it does not, oh well.
Plus it takes a long time to connect even if it is working. (around 5-10 minutes)

btw Good job to those who programmed it.

Thank you Cathy, bearzly and Super for the amazing pokemon simulator!

It is working much better, than the shoddy has been working, plus added capabilities(6 vs 6 is insane)

Oh by the way, the last time I was one Pokemon lab, I was allowed to use a Soul dew Latias in OU, but Salamence was banned, so that was pretty unusual, So I think you may have forgot to ban Latias.

I have windows xp and when i try to download pokemon lab, it says "java web start download error, can not launch pokemon lab"

Can anyone give me some suggestions, or tell me what this means?

um, fyi, I wasn't making a post about how the server was down. I was trying to answer locopoke's question. Regardless, it's working for me now, and looks good. Nice job guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)