Pokémon Black/White in-game discussion

Mistralton Cave, past the river east of the entrance to Chargestone Cave, need Surf.

How to catch Tornadus/Thundurus without Master Ball and before the League
1: Go to Driftveil City
2: Go west to Route 6
3: If it's stormy, get in a battle with a wild Pokémon. If it's not, go back to step 1.
4: It's Tornadus/Thundurus! If it's not, go back to step 1.
5: False Swipe it down to 1 HP (will require several repeats from step 1)
6: Temporarily teach one of your Pokémon Thunder Wave over one of their TM moves
7: Repeat first four steps
8: Use Thunder Wave
9: Use a TM to give your Pokémon its old move back
10: Save in Driftveil City
11: Repeat step 7
12: Use a Quick Ball and hope for a critical capture
13: If it doesn't work, press L+R+Start+Select (soft reset) and repeat steps 11 and 12
14: If it worked, then congratulations, you have yourself a Tornadus/Thundurus!
15: Teach Tornadus/Thundurus Focus Blast (good against Grimsley and others)
16: Grind it alongside your other Pokémon until it learns Crunch (good against Shauntal)
17: If it's Thundurus, teach it Rain Dance and Thunder and give it Damp Rock (good for your and against foe Water-types)
18: Enjoy your Tornadus/Thundurus!
19: Beat the game (Tornadus/Thundurus can help)
19: Get the opposite one in a trade
20: Put them both in your party
21: Go to Route 14
22: Climb some waterfalls
23: Go to Abundant Shrine
24: Go to the actual shrine within
25: Get Landorus to go with them!

I hate the Battle Subway and all it's iterations. How about you just let me buy those things instead of suffering through all those cheap ass battles? Gurdurr's Sheer Force boosted Dynamic Punch hit's three times in a row? Really? Leavanny outspeeds and KOs both Archaeops and Darmanitan, who are already asleep because of Amoongus's Effect Spore? Really? Fuck you battle subway.

For a less angry post, I just finished beating the "real" Elite 4 with Alder. I actually had to reset because I forgot Throh had Sturdy and apparently 400 base speed with an incredible Close Combat. After having my ass handed to me, I went back and did some real grinding for the first time and got everyone to lvl 65 after everyone was previously 59-62 since I felt that made my team good enough. Long story short: Conkeldurr, Krookadile and Darmanitan basically destroyed everything by themselves. Now I'm gonna change the season to Winter and go battle that Morimoto guy since I've already beat Cynthia (thanks to Conkeldurr's incredible tanking).

LOVE THIS GAME!

I hate the Battle Subway and all it's iterations. How about you just let me buy those things instead of suffering through all those cheap ass battles? Gurdurr's Sheer Force boosted Dynamic Punch hit's three times in a row? Really? Leavanny outspeeds and KOs both Archaeops and Darmanitan, who are already asleep because of Amoongus's Effect Spore? Really? Fuck you battle subway.

For a less angry post, I just finished beating the "real" Elite 4 with Alder. I actually had to reset because I forgot Throh had Sturdy and apparently 400 base speed with an incredible Close Combat. After having my ass handed to me, I went back and did some real grinding for the first time and got everyone to lvl 65 after everyone was previously 59-62 since I felt that made my team good enough. Long story short: Conkeldurr, Krookadile and Darmanitan basically destroyed everything by themselves. Now I'm gonna change the season to Winter and go battle that Morimoto guy since I've already beat Cynthia (thanks to Conkeldurr's incredible tanking).

LOVE THIS GAME!
You mean Sawk. >_>

I didn't get Black/White yet. How's the game before I decide to buy it or not?
In all honesty? The best since the original GSC ones. Story is great, and there's a sense of fun and newness to it since you don't run into any lameass old Pokemon until after you clear the main story. Plus, you won't run into Rattata/Raticate every fucking where :D

Who's great idea was it to force you to have both Thundurus AND Tornadus to be able to fight Landorus?
Who in their right mind would just hand over their roaming pokemon, who was probably caught with their Master Ball?
I guess I could get my friend to lend his Tornadus over for a while, but damn.

I'm running out of places to train...I've battled nearly every trainer.
Nearly my whole team is in the 60's, except my Darmanitan, which is LVL 58, and my recently caught Joltik(which is Timid and has Compound Eyes) who I think I'll EV train ;D

Lucky, I spent forever trying to find a Compoundeyes Joltik, and it ended up being Quiet -___-

I'm pretty much done with everything except battle subway now, can't be bothered to build a team for it :(

might just reset and replay...but that would kinda suck because I've got all the event stuff and I'm not sure if I can still get them in my next save.

In all honesty? The best since the original GSC ones. Story is great, and there's a sense of fun and newness to it since you don't run into any lameass old Pokemon until after you clear the main story. Plus, you won't run into Rattata/Raticate every fucking where :D
AND friggin' Zubat D:

Who's great idea was it to force you to have both Thundurus AND Tornadus to be able to fight Landorus?
Who in their right mind would just hand over their roaming pokemon, who was probably caught with their Master Ball?
I guess I could get my friend to lend his Tornadus over for a while, but damn.
It's called the HGSS Rayquaza gambit.

You should've complained back then, fool. >_>

So my first experience with the Elite 4...Ghost type = KOed my whole team by Chandelure :\

This. Elite 4. Is. Hard. x.x (Then again I'm early 40's, like 44)

Ooooh.. best since the original GSC? I'm dying to try it out >_>. thanks heh
Well my favorites are the original RBY and GSC...but I guess if you haven't been playing that long, it's as good as HGSS I suppose for a comparison. Much better than RSE and DPPt imo.

Atlas

I'm the Mary!
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
beat the e4 yesterday, my team was:

lvl 51 garbodour@black sludge, stockpile/toxic spikes/acid spray/sludge bomb
lvl 54 emboar@amulet coin, flame charge/brick break/bulldoze/grass knot

basic strategy was set up garbodour and sweep, and it worked really well :D the only real problem was the psychic guy (surprising...) garbodor was the only one that could survive a sigilyph psychic so i ended just revive him over and over trying to kill it off with acid spray/bomb. took me a while to clue in that i could just pp stall him and that was that.

for the champion it was a cake walk, but just in case i stacked the rest of my team with some other stuff (larvesta, gigalith, durant) and taught them toxic protect each. only gigalith seen any action.

Everything post-game is much higher level, but this is balanced somewhat by a lot of the trainers using NFEs and such.
Which doesn't stop almost sweeps from happening.
I swear like half the trainers pushed me to the edge of defeat.

TANGENTLY RELATED: Why on earth did they think it was a good idea to have Politoed learn Perish Song naturally and so late. What a pain to catch in the wild.

breh

強いだね
What are the little boulders that are everywhere for?

They resemble DP strength boulders and are located in pinwheel forest and vicotry road, among other places...

What are the little boulders that are everywhere for?

They resemble DP strength boulders and are located in pinwheel forest and vicotry road, among other places...
Now that you mention those places, those boulders are there so that you can't get Terrakion and Virizion. They'll stay there until you get Cobalion. Once they're gone, you can follow a path up to where Terrakion/Virizion is located. (Pinwheel Forest and Victory Road only)

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Just entered Iccirus City with the following:
Servine: Lv33 Tackle/Leaf Blade/Leech Seed/Growth
Scraggy: Lv35 Sand Attack/Faint Attack/Chip Away/Hi-Jump Kick
Tirtouga: Lv35 Aqua Jet/Smack Down/Crunch/Curse
Cofagrigus: Lv35 Ominous Wind/Haze/Will-O-Wisp/Hex
Galvantula: Lv36 Slash/Electro-Ball/Signal Beam/Gastro Acid
Vanillish: Lv36 Uproar/Ice Beam/Taunt/Mirror Shot

Fairly solid team there, some Pokemon can be pretty annoying, but those are usually dealt with pretty easy, & with several evolutions coming up pretty soon, this will be a very strong party...imo.

While I'm at it, a question concerning the final battle with Cheren in Victory Road post-E4: Serebii says it's a one off encounter, while another source says you can fight him once a day. Which one is true?

Well, I beat the E4 not too long ago. Interestingly enough, the highest level poke I came in with was Lv50 (Darmanitan), and I didn't really have much trouble. The only thing that caught me off guard was the final battle, and thankfully my Throh had Bulk Up and was able to outright wall a good number of Pokemon. Aside from that battle the game seemed pretty easy, although the post-game stuff is a really stiff power creep. I think I might actually have to grind for this, lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)