Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Man, if Homika has a Metal Sound Magnezone, I'll be her #1 fan forever.

And I wonder what that ice curtain is hiding. I mean, they've shown us 3-4 new cities, something happening on the desert, at least one cave entrance in Driftveil, no more Cold Storage, a fucking NEW AIRPORT by the west of Unova, and then... they cover half the region? WHY

The painful waiting has finally begun. If the games came out here in june too i'd have them for the summer holidays, which are always boring for me. Oh well. And for once I don't want to get to know anything else, and discover it all by myself. Although this is kinda hard with websites like smogon and serebii being some of your priority sites to visit lol.

I'm loving this game so far, as long as the fake ice is really covering something changed and if stuff like theaters DON'T become relevant. Because come on, it's the storyline we care about, not little movies

is it bad that I think both Kyurems are both... incredibly ugly? neither is really aesthetically pleasing at all; each reminds me of mismatched socks.
They aren't supposed to look aesthetically pleasing, they're almost supposed to look unnatural, incomplete, artificial.

So far, the games are looking interesting. :)

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
We could try to compare the old and the new map. I've found at least one change in the map aside from the obvious parts in the southwest.

Unova in Black & White

The current map of Unova in Black 2 & White 2

In the mountains to the east, a new settlement of some sort has been made. With orange buildings.

The there are these obvious changes you'll notice.

On a side note, I like the new battle layout and the slightly changed battle music.

Even if this ice is clearly fake, i'm still convinced there's been some sort of catastrophe with ice. I mean, the water around the entralink has disappeared, which could point out to the water being in glaciers now... And also, note that the cold storage is a crater now. The cold storage was full of what, ice? Maybe Kyurem has some sort of power to control all ice in the region? thus destroying the cold storage? Seems improbable, especially because there's another crater there which i cannot fit in the theory, but still, seemed like a funny idea. 'Kyurem, the master of all Ice'

JockeMS

formerly SuperJOCKE
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Personally, I'm still on the fence about it. There is probably some changes under that fake ice, but I don't think there's "real" ice under there. It's far to green beneath the fake ice, like trees.

if it's the only pokemon that can use them, it simply makes no sense for them to have had a charging turn in the first place. Although it would be awesome if it could learn moves like Sky Attack/SolarBeam... Dig

1:16/1:18

doesn't look like kyurem forms we've been seeing. The green? are they shiny? I don't think they would show off shiny pokemon in a trailer. Overdrive anyone?

Compare it to the forms on the cover, they look different certainly.

Just noticed that Castelia's middle and rightmost piers have been changed. The middle is now completely straight, and the lowermost step of the right pier is gone. Cool little detail.

Oh, and i still think that while this seems an improvement over the Emerald and Platinum style formula, i still think i should have gotten this game ages ago. That said, i'll likely get Black 2.

Excuse me for this possibly stupid question. Does this game take place in the future or the past? What do you guys think. I would say the future because of the new gyms but I don't know. Anyway, this game looks amazing and I think I read that older pokes like mareep are in the game early on.

During that trailer, Ash exclaims "Overdrive" after White Kyurem powers up.

I'm starting to become more and more convinced that it's some sort of ability.
It's either a new move or a new ability...
maybe they renamed Turboblaze to Overdrive but when you play against someone in b/w it'll appear as if Kyurem incomplete forme has Turboblaze a.k.a the deoxys factor from r/s/e/fr/lg

Ooh, base damages!

Freeze Shock/Ice Burn:
140x1(Power Herb, because why run these moves without it?)=140

Ice Beam(BP 95):
LO: 123.5
Specs: 142.5

Blizzard(BP 120):
LO: 156
Specs: 180

Not even near being worth it for a one time STAB.
Well don't forget that they have a 30 % chance to paralyze/burn. That's like thunder and scald, and we should all know how often that happens...

But if they stay charge-up moves they will still suck, of course.

How reasonable is it to assume that most of the wild non-Unova Pokemon from BW1 will be in the Unova Dex this time? Almost all of the Pokemon that have been added to the Unova Dex could previously be found in the wild after beating the Elite Four - Lapras, Psyduck, Riolu, Absol; I could go on.

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It IS "fake". It's drawn onto the map to conceal part of it, for reasons GF alone knows. The common guess is that the fake ice hides some major developments, as it is semi-transparent at points.

How reasonable is it to assume that most of the wild non-Unova Pokemon from BW1 will be in the Unova Dex this time? Almost all of the Pokemon that have been added to the Unova Dex could previously be found in the wild after beating the Elite Four - Lapras, Psyduck, Riolu, Absol, I could go on.
Right now anything's "reasonable", as the full list isn't yet out as far as i know. I'd say it's likely, and i'm inclined to agree, but i don't think anyone can say for certain.

Oh, and the ice is fake.

Sorry if this has already been pointed out- but if you watch the trailer @1:16, you can see that common trainer sprites have animations this time around.

And I think I'm gonna get White 2 first. White Kyurem's sprite is so much better than Black Kyurem's.

jrp

Banned deucer.
I'm probably going to get both on launch, depending on how they're priced. White Kyurem is boss looking though, and ice/dragon/fire gives cool coverage, especially if it has turboblaze to smash heatran with

breh

強いだね
How reasonable is it to assume that most of the wild non-Unova Pokemon from BW1 will be in the Unova Dex this time? Almost all of the Pokemon that have been added to the Unova Dex could previously be found in the wild after beating the Elite Four - Lapras, Psyduck, Riolu, Absol; I could go on.
IIRC the corocoro pages said that a few mons had pretty low numbers in the new dex (for example, psyduck at #26); I'd say this is pretty solid proof that the other-gen mons are in Unova.

According to Pokejungle, the preview for next month's issue of Corocoro states that it will announce and showcase a new pokemon. GIMME DAT GEN. 5.5!

But seriously, what it could it be? Could be Genesect, but if it is, they're really wanting finish this Gen. I personally think it a new forme of an existing pokemon, there were rumors that Cryogonal is getting a new forme.........

According to Pokejungle, the preview for next month's issue of Corocoro states that it will announce and showcase a new pokemon. GIMME DAT GEN. 5.5!

But seriously, what it could it be? Could be Genesect, but if it is, they're really wanting finish this Gen. I personally think it a new forme of an existing pokemon, there were rumors that Cryogonal is getting a new forme.........
What i want would be an alternate form for drudigon, i really dont know why GF even made it, an alternate form with 100 base spe and 125 base attack would be awsome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)