Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about the frozen part of Unova... I mean, I suppose there could be a whole tunnel system under it (if I remember right, the page in Bulbanews said that cave entrances were visible in the glaciers)...

What I'm really hoping for is that the whole game is higher leveled... What I mean is that I hope that at the end of the game you won't have to fight a Champion (actually, N or Ghetsis) who doesn't have pokes stronger than lvl. 54. That really annoyed me about BW, Champions need to have pokemon of lvl 60+ (Garchomp from DP, anyone?). The rest of the E4 and even the gym-leaders should be stronger and more challenging. The level differences between the various gym-leaders in BW were too damn small (Zebstrika lvl. 27 --- Excadrill lvl. 31, it's ridiculous).

So yeah, I'm mostly hoping for a boost in how challenging the game will be to beat. And the storyline better be good, too.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is it just me or does the ice not appear to be covering the actual land, but just covering the map. It looks like it is just covering stuff up to block it from view, rather than actually being part of the environment. I wouldn't be surprised if this is just to hide stuff from us for now, and that ice is not actually there.

So yeah, I'm mostly hoping for a boost in how challenging the game will be to beat. And the storyline better be good, too.
I Agree. R/B/Y and D/P/Pt had some good level distributions, something I hated in B/W and G/S. Hopefully, there's more challenge. Also, I hope that they quit the concept of every E4 member having a specific type, and just give them good teams, not based on typing but just balanced or maybe based on something else, like the color of the Pokémon.

I would make sense if it was ice though, due to Kyurem freezing everything. Also, if it's ice, it would explain why Pokemon from older generations that were only available post-game would migrate over to the other part of Unima.

I've actually always hoped for Elite Four members utilizing specific strategies, such as a Rain Dance or Trick Room team, that way you have to account for more than just type.

Upstart

Copy Cat
I don't know if I am more psyched for new move tutors or the possibility that the new professor could unlock dream world abilities

Also, no word on move tutors yet it seems....
I think we can peacefully be sure that move tutors WILL be present in the game, for what I know they've always been present in the remakes... It's true that this isn't exactly a remake, it's a sequel, but I'm still convinced move tutors will be in BW2. What they'll teach, of course, we don't know yet...

Is it just me or does the ice not appear to be covering the actual land, but just covering the map. It looks like it is just covering stuff up to block it from view, rather than actually being part of the environment. I wouldn't be surprised if this is just to hide stuff from us for now, and that ice is not actually there.
Yeah, I see what you mean. The only thing that looks icy that is part of the actual map is what I presume to be Chargestone Cave. Definitely not part of the map. Just makes everything more exciting!

Yeah, I see what you mean. The only thing that looks icy that is part of the actual map is what I presume to be Chargestone Cave. Definitely not part of the map. Just makes everything more exciting!
I'm not excluding you two could be right, but I'm convinced it's real ice really covering the landscape. Just consider this:
-The ice only covers the east, an area we already know. Why should they hide it from us with random floating ice?
-There are new towns in an area which used to be forest. This can easily be explained by the fact that people had to migrate west and set up new towns because East Unova was destroyed/not suitable to live in.
-Giant Chasm (or however the place is called where Kyurem could be found in BW) lies in East Unova. The ice is in East Unova. It's more than obvious to me that it is Kyurem that formed all these glaciers.
-Pkmn Black Pokedex: 'It generates a powerful, freezing energy inside itself, but its body became frozen when the energy leaked out.' This might explain what has happened. Normal Kyurem was being attached to some sort of generator to wake him up/free him from the ice/transform him into another form, but then it fails... Thus Kyurem releases all the energy in the form of ice, covers Eastern Unova in ice and he himself disappears. Then the player character has to find him back?

Anyway, I think the ice shown in the picture is real solid ice on the surface of the region, not to hide stuff from our eyes. Besides, they could've used simple clouds for that, but no, it's ICE.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
look though, there is also ice in the bottom left. Nothing is that far down. It really looks like it is just a design to cover the map, and it is ice because Kyurems is the mascot.

Okay mad speculation and dreams. Since it looks like we're getting marred line, maybe we will get ourselves a TAIL GlOW tutor so amphy gets some love. Or maybe they add it to the level up movepool. None of this is likely but I can dream of a day with OU cutemons

I'm with you, jas. It would be pretty cool if it started out with everything being frozen and then thawing as the story continues (global warming, anyone?); however, the ice doesn't look like it's part of the map. It looks like it's just floating over the map.

Also not confirmed, starter pokemon. Still the Unova trio you think?
...obviously. They're featured in artwork on one of the scans and Serperior is at the forefront of the Kyurem battles

They're still the leading mascots of gen 5 and everything

Haha I knew that Unova would be expanded. I think I said that in my post with the Anville Town map. This is just crazy, really exciting!

I also read that "There are buildings with blue and red statues all around Unova." There's the R/S/E remake hint ;p

EDIT: ooh Liberty Garden being revamped? There was always something strange about that. In the room inside of the lighthouse was a box of toys with a train or something. I think those same toys were in N's room in N's castle :o

Haha I knew that Unova would be expanded. I think I said that in my post with the Anville Town map. This is just crazy, really exciting!

I also read that "There are buildings with blue and red statues all around Unova." There's the R/S/E remake hint ;p
By which you mean it is OBVIOUSLY proof that we go to Kanto

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
My comments in bold...

I'm not excluding you two could be right, but I'm convinced it's real ice really covering the landscape. Just consider this:
-The ice only covers the east, an area we already know. Why should they hide it from us with random floating ice?
Because the area might be heavily altered. New features?
-There are new towns in an area which used to be forest. This can easily be explained by the fact that people had to migrate west and set up new towns because East Unova was destroyed/not suitable to live in.
That's a definite possibility.
-Giant Chasm (or however the place is called where Kyurem could be found in BW) lies in East Unova. The ice is in East Unova. It's more than obvious to me that it is Kyurem that formed all these glaciers.
Northeast, actually, but yeah. Everything in the northeast appears to be iced over, so the argument is valid.
-Pkmn Black Pokedex: 'It generates a powerful, freezing energy inside itself, but its body became frozen when the energy leaked out.' This might explain what has happened. Normal Kyurem was being attached to some sort of generator to wake him up/free him from the ice/transform him into another form, but then it fails... Thus Kyurem releases all the energy in the form of ice, covers Eastern Unova in ice and he himself disappears. Then the player character has to find him back?
Creating ice actually requires energy being removed, not added. Unleashing energy would only make hea- ...oh, I forgot. They never cared much about physics. Yeah, feasible theory here.

Anyway, I think the ice shown in the picture is real solid ice on the surface of the region, not to hide stuff from our eyes. Besides, they could've used simple clouds for that, but no, it's ICE.
Sure it is? http://images.serebii.net/corocoro4122big.jpg . Note how the ice goes over Skyarrow Bridge, doesn't follow the contours of the landscape at all, and appears to have the same thickness all over still. If it indeed is ice, it's very badly drawn.

Also, seeing as you start in the southwest, might it be that the most powerful gyms will be near the starting area of B/W1? That you sort of go in a reverse order?

Also throwing this in here...

There's ice all around the map if you look. You can see ice in the bottom left corner, right about Chargestone, as well as the east side like many of you have mentioned. I really don't think it's a part of the map, and the theory that only the east was iced over makes sense due to the aforementioned ice on the west half. I do like the idea that Kyurem freezes over part of the region, and that's still very possible, but it's obviously not just the east. However, it is probably just hiding new areas / battle frontier etc.

By the way, one of the pictures shows that the Resort Desert is blocked off, probably the first time you go there.

I bet we go Poison Gym, Water gym, take the tunnel to Castelia & fight Burgh, and then go through Resort Desert before going through the normal Unova route

Okay, I am truly surprised.

I did not expect for past-gen Pokemon to be put into the game pre-national dex.

I thought with Black and White it was like "all-new pokemon" so the fact that you cannot access any older pokemon until later on reflected on that.

WELL, would do you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)