Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 (DS, June in JP, Fall in EU/NA/AU) - Updated May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Several comments on the competitive merit of possible types:

Much as the boltbeam combo is hyped, ice/fire actually is nearly as good offensively, due to hitting so many things for 2x and 4x damage, unfortunately with the prevalence of rain it would really only be viable on sun teams :(

Ice/electric and ice/fire are both such terrible defensive typings that even with 680 bsts the new Forms (if they're those types) might well struggle to find usage in ou, being weak to ground fighting and rock, 3 of the most common attacking types in ou.

Fire dragon and elec dragon would obviously be uber, as there wouldn't be a huge difference between them and reshiram/zekrom.

Ice/dragon would be very interesting. As Kyurem showed, phenomenal bst with a poor defensive typing and mediocre offensive movepool is by no means amazing, as the sheer power is not enough to make up for coverage. 680 Bst ice dragons would likely be ou, yet I don't see them being uber, possibly making them the first cover legends not to be uber I believe.

Suicune says hi.

Fire Ice is not that effective offensively and it sucks deffensively. Elec/Ice is really the only viable one if the types turn out to be like that.

I'm not going to be the happiest person if the complexity of the game is as complex and busy as the art work of Zekkyurem and Reshyurem or whatever (although Zekkyurem does look kinda cool...)
It's not that I don't want more post-game goals or anything (I would prefer more, actually), I just don't want to think about the game as much while i'm playing it is all. I don't want to think about triple types or anything, just want the post-game to be LONGER.

personally, this whole black kyurem and white kyurem may be too much already, if it's TECHNICALLY the same Pokemon...

Their targeted demogrpahic is children. How in-depth can they get mechanically, in addition to the plot?

Kyruem will more than likely keep his Ice/Dragon typing, with the alternate formes just giving him access to the signature moves that were hidden in the game data.

Hopefully it'll also give him access to the Fire or Electric TMs - the only things stopping the Kyurem we have now from being OU.

Okay, I’m going to go all theory in this post. (Some of these have already been said)

• Either you will restart or you will have to import your team somehow. It would make sense since this is a sequel to keep your old team but it would be unfortunate for those who didn’t already have Black or White.

• After Unova, you go to Hoenn. I say this because in the game it said N was spotted in a neighboring region (or something like that) and I think Hoenn is the closest region. This would knock out the 3rd version remakes. It also makes sense because the ice on both covers look like they could be crystals. Also they included on city as an Airport (Mistralton) and that could be how you would get to Hoenn. This would also give more of a Jhoto feel and this game was supposed to be a reboot, right? However, gamefreak would miss out on the money from the remakes so this idea could be dismissed.

• Perhaps the other side of Unova is the battle factory. Considering that there is nothing there that would seem logical.

• Kyrum would be Ice/Dragon with a fire or electric boosting ability. For those who are bitching about how Reshiram and Zekrom were one pokemon, they are. They are both Kyrum.

• Maybe you would get the forms when Kyrum is holding the Dark or Light stone?

• It makes sense for BW2 to be on regular DS because the first sequel was and they probably continued to work on this game right after BW or just copied the data and added on. And I would be pissed if I had to buy a new console to play the continued version.

• There will be more triple/rotation battles since they eased us into them in the first one.

Okay, I’m going to go all theory in this post. (Some of these have already been said)

• Either you will restart or you will have to import your team somehow. It would make sense since this is a sequel to keep your old team but it would be unfortunate for those who didn’t already have Black or White.
• After Unova, you go to Hoenn. I say this because in the game it said N was spotted in a neighboring region (or something like that) and I think Hoenn is the closest region. This would knock out the 3rd version remakes. It also makes sense because the ice on both covers look like they could be crystals. Also they included on city as an Airport (Mistralton) and that could be how you would get to Hoenn. This would also give more of a Johto feel and this game was supposed to be a reboot, right? However, gamefreak would miss out on the money from the remakes so this idea could be dismissed.
Perhaps the other side of Unova is the battle factory. Considering that there is nothing there that would seem logical.
• Kyurem would be Ice/Dragon with a fire or electric boosting ability. For those who are bitching about how Reshiram and Zekrom were one pokemon, they are. They are both Kyurem.
Maybe you would get the forms when Kyrum is holding the Dark or Light stone?
• It makes sense for BW2 to be on regular DS because the first sequel was and they probably continued to work on this game right after BW or just copied the data and added on. And I would be pissed if I had to buy a new console to play the continued version.
There will be more triple/rotation battles since they eased us into them in the first one.
  • Light/Dark Stone is a Key Item, go figure. Maybe if it's used like the Gracedia Flower?
  • I think they may incorporate it into the Battle Subway or have the Frontier somewhere on the east side. A man can dream though.
  • Please, more Triples/Rotations. Hoenn (and to a greater extent, Orre) was heavy on Doubles when it was new, so I'd like to see more Triples/Rotations going on.

I wonder what will happen with Black City and White Forest though, my City ended up losing its population within a few days. I could see the Frontier going there if there was one. And for Tutors, please no more BS shards like in Plat, BP's the way to go.

You know, Ice/Fire Kyurem-W could actual end up being a decent Special tank like Ho-Oh; considering that it will almost certainly retain it's 125 HP, as well as inherit SpD from Reshiram. If you think about it, there aren't a whole lot of Fighting, Rock, and Ground special attacks in ubers(and the Water weakness could be nullified by Sunlight). Assuming 125 HP and 120+ SpD, Aura Sphere and Earth Power aren't going to be doing much, and only Rock Arceus makes serious use of Rock Special.

It's biggest problem would be it's movepool, though. It would need something to hit Kyogre with. SolarBeam could work assuming it had an abilities that removed charge up time(so that Ice/Freeze Shock don't suck); though there is still rain. Then again, I can dream that that one SolarBeam change speculation from The Smog could happen (the charge up having priority over everything; maybe even ignored the Rain/Sand deboost if charge beforehand). Just a dream though.

Of course; Kyurem-W could retain his high Attack; so that could help.

Light/Dark Stone is a Key Item, go figure. Maybe if it's used like the Gracedia Flower?
Oh yeah. I forget, do you keep the stone after you acquire the legendary? If so maybe it just reacts with kyrum like how it did with Zekrom/reshiram? I don't know.

I was reading an interview on the pokemon site the other day about Heartgold/Soulsilver.

Whenever Game freak makes a remake, most of their effort is put into finding out ways to make it better than the original-- it's probably easily found if you want to take a look at it.

The idea of B2/W2 including Hoenn actually really enforces much of the ideas from the interview-- it's a new look at an old favorite.

I'm very hopeful for this, and these two games are taking the same slot as the remakes in the previous two generations. It definitely seems like a way they've decided to improve their games.

remember, zekrom/reshiram was actually IN the light/dark stone respectively.
But if zekrom and reshiram originally WERE one, does that mean the light/dark stone was too?

Would it seem reasonable to have this game go to hoenn but still have hoenn remakes?

remember, zekrom/reshiram was actually IN the light/dark stone respectively.
But if zekrom and reshiram originally WERE one, does that mean the light/dark stone was too?
There is something called the god stone, which is gray. That could possibly be what you're referring too.

Would it seem reasonable to have this game go to hoenn but still have hoenn remakes?
IMHO, not really. It would kill the purposes of having a remake (ie. if another RBY remake came after HGSS) I doubt the whole "Let's go to Hoenn" fad, if Hoenn is going to be in a 5th Gen game, it would be in a remake. If there was a Hoenn section, I don't see a RSE remake.

IMHO, not really. It would kill the purposes of having a remake (ie. if another RBY remake came after HGSS) I doubt the whole "Let's go to Hoenn" fad, if Hoenn is going to be in a 5th Gen game, it would be in a remake. If there was a Hoenn section, I don't see a RSE remake.
Yeah, I got you. I just thought that they could release that game in the 3DS. I'm assuming either BW2 goes to Hoenn or we will be getting remakes after all the games they are planning are released.

Really? Was it taken out of the final version of the game or something? Very interesting indeed... speculation, anyone?
It's on serebii and I assume in BW2 it's in there. I think someone said it was in the japanese version.

Additionally, remember the old kyurem signature moves? Cold flare and cold shock or whatever? well, I'm sure someone's connected the dots here, but it seems likely that each form will carry it's respective attack.

I don't think you will be able to acsses hoenn post game.
One of the main features of unova is it is isolated from from the rest of poke-land
Although if there is a RSE remake a red style battle against N
at meteor falls would be awsome

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
The problem I see with all the Hoenn speculation is that most of it is based on the tiniest bit of info from the coloring and texture in the game logos. While I feel that there is more to this than just coincidence, I would have to guess that this is more of a hint at what's to come than anything for these games themselves. If you remember in 4th gen, there was a ton of GS imagery in the games (such as the gold and silver Pokeball on the floors of all the Pokemon Centers). Stuff like this hinted at GS remakes long before the actually came out. I think it is likely that these games will have plenty of Hoenn references, hinting at the remake that is to come, but I highly doubt it will include the region itself. Besides, Unova is supposed to be far away from all the other regions. It doesn't really make sense that you could leave it and go to Hoenn, but not any of the other areas.

As for other stuff, I am really interested to see what they are doing with Kyurem. We all knew that there was once a Dragon from which Zekrom and Reshiram came, but I don't think anyone was expecting this. I feel they could have an interesting story planned for us.

Oh, and just a thought, while it is probably not likely, I wonder if these games could actually be prequels rather than sequels. I doubt they could fit that into the plot, but it could certainly make more sense if they do plan on a 3rd gen remake, as all previous remakes have come after games that are contemporaneous with them.

Emerald Battle Frontier.
Or even better. Emerald Battle Frontier + Platinum Frontier + New facilities.

I REALLY WANT AN AWESOME BATTLE FRONTIER! And it would tie nicely into the potential remakes.

And if Hoenn IS in this game, (which it won't) it better be a full remake not a half-hearted visit.

The problem I see with all the Hoenn speculation is that most of it is based on the tiniest bit of info from the coloring and texture in the game logos. While I feel that there is more to this than just coincidence, I would have to guess that this is more of a hint at what's to come than anything for these games themselves. If you remember in 4th gen, there was a ton of GS imagery in the games (such as the gold and silver Pokeball on the floors of all the Pokemon Centers). Stuff like this hinted at GS remakes long before the actually came out. I think it is likely that these games will have plenty of Hoenn references, hinting at the remake that is to come, but I highly doubt it will include the region itself. Besides, Unova is supposed to be far away from all the other regions. It doesn't really make sense that you could leave it and go to Hoenn, but not any of the other areas.
Looker says that he has heard that N was seen in a distant land with a Dragon-type Pokémon.

^Got this from bulbapedia. This could either mean there is another part of Unova or perhaps Hoenn? There is also a Hoenn visitor in the games (desert resort) which could also indicate something.

Blackhawk11

one on one
And if Hoenn IS in this game... it better be a full remake not a half-hearted visit.
This this this this this. Kanto in GSC is by far (in my opinion) the biggest blunder that Nintendo and Game Freak have made. I loved the fact that they added some length to the end of the game, but it was just stupidly simple. The Viridian forest was a maze of trees with no trainers or grass. The caves were pretty simple, etc.
If they throw in Hoenn, I expect it to be essentially a replay of RSE.

Although now that I think about it, I really enjoy starting with a brand new, level 5 Pokemon and completing the region with a team that I build up along the way, and if they add on Hoenn to the end of BW2, it just wouldn't be as fun to me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)