SM OU Please rate my offensive OU gen 7 bank team.

Hi, this is my Pokemon team for the new gen 7! It is based off of older gen 6 pokemons that just recently became legal in OU paired up with the famous Mega Charizard Y. The team still needs some tweaking but anyways, here it is!

CarbonFiberGenji (Greninja) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Extrasensory
- U-turn

Greninja is to shut down any ground types that wanna set up stealth rocks on Charizard which is useful for obvious reasons. The life orb pairs up well with the protean ability, hydro pump is STAB, dark pulse and extrasensory for coverage, and U-turn utilizes his speed turning him into a useful pivot with my volt switch rotom.

upload_2016-11-26_12-20-22.png

SmogonLaundromat (Rotom-Wash) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick

Rotom-Wash provides great synergy with greninja, being able to slowly wear down opponents with their switching moves. The scarf lets rotom match greninja's speed, and can be tricked to lock the opponent into a specific move. Will o wisp is great for crippling physical attackers that might destroy my charizard or at least heavily dent its hp.

DarkExcalibur (Aegislash) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 244 HP / 12 Def / 242 SpA
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Shadow Ball
- King's Shield

Aegislash is really great for creating mind games with the opponent being able to switch from a powerful attacker into a great wall. This set I'm using here is purposely designed to not cripple opponents but to just slowly wear them down to let my Charizard attempt a sweep late game. Substitute is additional stall, toxic is to wear down mons, shadow ball is just a nice powerful STAB move, and king's shield is for stall and also to switch between forms.

Valkyrie (Skarmory) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Whirlwind
- Stealth Rock

Skarmory is my physically defensive wall who can be switched in multiple times to set up my rocks. Additionally, skarmory can use defog to get rid of entry hazards and whirlwind to wear down the enemy when combined with stealth rock. Roost is for more recovery.

Basilisk (Serperior) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Giga Drain
- Glare

I recently added Serperior to get rid of bulky water types who wall Charizard and so far, he's been doing the job splendidly! Giga drain and leftovers allows it to recover quickly without wasting a move on synthesis, and dragon pulse can help me get rid of fast dragon types like Garchomp thanks to Serperior's insane speed stat. Glare is for slowing down mons that are faster than Charizard.

DarkChar (Charizard-Mega-Y) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Air Slash
- Roost

My most powerful wall breaker, and he has all this great support so that he can do his job. I recently replaced focus blast with air slash because it has such a crappy accuracy. The fire blast lets Charizard dish out a nice amount of damage while not being to slow at the same time. Solar beam is obviously to deal with water type pokemon that I couldn't get rid of with Serperior. Roost lets me heal up to stay in longer to sweep.

That wraps up my Mega Charizard Y team for gen 7, and if you think it needs some work at all just let me know down below! Thanks for reading it.

Welcome to the Smogon forums, Dark Rebellion! (Of course, this is my first post as well, so here goes...)

The first thing I notice is that there are no physical attackers in your team apart from the weak Skarmory, meaning that dedicated special walls such as Blissey and Chansey can come in all day long.

Speaking of Skarmory, I'd advise replacing one of your status moves, ideally Defog, (see below) with Brave Bird to prevent it from becoming Taunt bait.

Another problem is that Rotom-Wash's synergy compared to the rest of your team is redundant with the exception of being able to hit Flying-types supereffectively. I tried playing your team and had significant problems against Tapu Koko. Excadrill is a better choice for a Scarf user that can take on TK.

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

Thanks for the helpful advice! I didn't notice that I'm missing a physical attacker so this should help a lot! I'll switch Skarmory with this set and run tests.

pizzq

Banned deucer.
tbh scarf exca isnt really the best counterplay to chansey. i suggest u change rotom to a defensive set which u can find on the analysis. u turn is also suboptimal on ninja and i think icebeam would be better. aegis is broken so expect that to be banned. other than that ur team looks good if i was u id run sub seed serp which u can also find on the analysis.

I'll try out the defensive rotom also, but I want to add some kind of physical attacker to the team as well.

I replaced Skarmory with Garchomp for my physical attacker and stealth rock setup pokemon. I know the set is really bad so can you guys help me patch it up? :)

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 72 HP / 176 Atk / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Dragon Claw
- Toxic

Right now I think that the item and the EV's need the most work but that's just me. Also, now I don't have any kind of entry hazard removal so a little help with that as well?

Last edited by a moderator:
My question would be" why are you running the Special Attack EVS on a stall based set with only one special attack? If I were you, I'd make it more defensive or specially defensive, or swap out sub for another attack (Flash canon for stab?).

Aegislash is naturally bulky, but if you want to run a more offensive variant (as your evs suggest) then you should probably make Rotom itself a (physically?) defensive mon, swapping the scarf for lefties and moving the speed evs into HP and the attack evs into special defense. Trick is thus redundant and could be replaced with pain split. But if you do run the choiced Rotom, then you should swap will o wisp for a standard attack, as its only use is if you trick a pokemon your scarf, which is slightly too niche for a pokemon with full special attack.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice on the rotom. I updated the set based on your recommendations.

SmogonLaundromat (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)