Banned deucer.
art by Brumirage
Interview.png

1v1 Player Interviews
#1 | #2 | #3
#4 Waylaid
Favorite Pokemon: Mega Tyranitar :tyranitar-mega:
Most used Pokemon: Dragapult :dragapult:
Most known for: Winning the recent Premier League as manager of the Big Baller Barraskewdas, being a generally successful 1v1 player, and being involved in nearly every facet of 1v1
1590782579302.png

Welcome to the first interview in a while! So to start, tell us about yourself! What should people think about when they hear the name "Waylaid"?

1590782572447.png

Glad to be here! I think a lot of people associate me with my involvement in the 1v1 room and discord, as well as with some slightly niche 1v1 memes that I'm a part of. I'm 17, from California, and in my free time I like to listen to music and swim competitively

1590782579302.png

Glad to have you here. So, how's life been? Online, irl, whatever. I know for sure things irl have taken a drastic shift since the last interview I've done-

1590782572447.png

Ummm it's been different these days for sure. I'm super extroverted irl, so being away from my friends for so long has taken quite a toll. Luckily, I've had the unique opportunities to meet people in the community that have been really helpful in sating my desire to talk to people regularly. Big Pokemon-related events like 1v1pl have also kept me somewhat busy for a considerable amount of quarantine, which I really appreciate. It always feels great to have something to do.

1590782579302.png

Just before we started the convo you had mentioned finishing school recently and that got me curious. What's the school situation been like? Is it all online like I've been hearing? Also, has there been any word about what the graduation's gonna be like?

1590782572447.png

so, yeah. I just finished classes for my senior year of high school, all of which have been online since mid-march. it's pretty heavily encouraged that the students attend class, but because of the possible gap in connectivity to the internet for students at my school, there's effectively no repercussions for not attending classes. several of the teachers don't even take attendance anymore. because of this, I've probably slept through at least 80% of online classes thus far.
And obviously, graduation won't be able to be in-person this year, so administrators have decided to implement a drive-through graduation ceremony for the seniors. There's also an online portion for seniors getting their names called to receive their diplomas/student council and academic achievement speeches

1590782579302.png

damn, crazy times we live in. Hope it all works out, at least!
Now, taking a step back through time, where'd you get started with Pokemon? And what's your history with competitive?

1590782572447.png

I played dpp with my sister throughout the entirety of elementary school. I had a blast, cheated all my mons up to max level, and promptly forgot about pokemon for the next 3ish years. During the spring of my sophomore year, a school friend introduced me to the Ubers tier on Pokemon Showdown. I was pretty hooked and played ubers for a bit until stumbling upon an Elo Bandit FEAR in Ubers video, at which point I started binging his content. I made my debut on the "Waylaid" account that fall, somehow got drafted for Pl 3, and the rest is history

1590782579302.png

Oh, did you end up in 1v1 as a result of watching elo bandit vids? And since you mention it- What does the "Waylaid" name mean?

1590782572447.png

Yep! I was a huge Elo Bandit fanboy for a pretty considerable chunk of time, and joined the 1v1 room to try out the tier he raved about. Suffice it to say that I was pretty starstruck to be on Elo's team last WCop. And Waylaid just means "to be interrupted or held up." I found it when searching for a 1 word name and kept it because of the obvious and amusing connotations it has

1590782579302.png

Interesting. Now, let's talk about PL. You already mentioned the rest is history, but of course nobody else besides you and your teammates can really speak to what happened internally. So, what was this recent PL experience like for you? Any major ups and downs, notable experiences, etc. Did you get what you were looking for, out of the whole experience?

1590782572447.png

I absolutely got what I was looking for out of this experience: a tight-knit group of teammates that I consider friends. But obviously Cash and I set out to win this PL, and win it we did. Barring week 1, the PL experience for BBB was actually pretty charmed. It always felt like we were in control or had the potential to be in control as a team, which is a good feeling to have before going into a game. Even at some of the most stressful points for us as a team (0-2 in the deciding pl tiebreaks match, 0-1 in TB with ryy and ggopw remaining, etc), we managed to work hard and support each other as a team.

1590782579302.png

Yeah, it was crazy seeing you guys pull through all of that. What would you say made the whole team work, per se? What elements of success were at play throughout the duration of the tour?

1590782572447.png

French people!
okay, but in all seriousness, it means a lot to players if you let them know that you worked hard in the draft to make their experience enjoyable. Lancer, LBDC, and XSC were all thrilled to be working together, which in turn helped them perform shockingly well. Also, taking a chance on newer players or non-mains helps them recognize their value and thus have an enjoyable and high-performing experience in the tour.

1590782579302.png

Makes sense. Now, how about last PL? Would you say this tour was particularly different from how things went for you as a Heatrans member last year?

1590782572447.png

it was certainly a different playing experience. I was very notably carried to a trophy last PL on heatrans, which is a pretty stark contrast from my record this time around. But Cash and I certainly tried to replicate the Heatran experience for our players this time around, promoting good vibes and fun in the team discord. It means a lot to players to have people rooting for you, so having 9 of your biggest fans cheering you on every game is super great player motivation

1590782579302.png

True that, and on one last note about team tours; World Cup is coming soon, and it seems clear that you and Boat are shoe-ins for the US West Captains. You excited for that? Do you think the team might do better than last year?

1590782572447.png

I'm actually quite excited to have a more active role than I did last year! I think that there was a lot of drama and complaints of shadow-leadership last year, which led to an unfun experience for quite a few players. I'm looking forward to making this group of teammates a team again. I think that, this time around, we'll definitely be working for each other, rather than against ourselves. and yes, I think USW has a good shot of making finals this time around. We're a mix of strong players and fast learners, which is always a good 1v1 combination.

1590782579302.png

Hope you guys do well in that! Now, since you seem pretty invested in tours all around, with your participation in multiple other 1v1 tournaments, what are your thoughts on the differences between team tours and individuals?

1590782572447.png

Thanks! I definitely think that individuals are the purest display of a player's performance, but not necessarily their skill as a player. in an individual, one unlucky series can spell doom for your run, whereas an unlucky series in a team tour simply serves as an opportunity to help your teammates compensate for your loss. I have huge respect for anyone who can win an individual though, because that's a pretty huge feat

1590782579302.png

Interesting, and how would you say the ladder stacks up, in comparison to individuals? Obviously, the low ladder will always be the low ladder, but say, 1500 and up, what's the difference to you between running into the same person 5 times in one laddering session vs doing a proper tournament Bo5?

1590782572447.png

I've never really been a huge ladderer, but I've topped enough to know that there's definitely more than just luck in maintaining high elo and gxe. people will always complain that high ladder just becomes sniping, but that's effectively what tournament play is when prep is involved. you expect certain things from your opponent and teambuild specifically to get good mus against the types of teams they use. I think that sniping on ladder with creative sets is indicative of teambuilding ability. Now, I wouldn't say that ladder skill translates directly to tournament skill, but I think a top ladderer would almost always perform better in tourney than, say, a 1200s player.

1590782579302.png

Makes sense. Now, since you mention it, you yourself certainly have quite a history of rather "creative" sets, such as the infamous Drifblim you used to beat blunder. I, for one, am curious to see what your particular favorite team made with creative sets might be. If you can't think of a particular favorite, any team will do, and walk us through your thought process of how you went about building it-

1590782572447.png

based of off results and surprise factor, I'd definitely say that this is my personal favorite
1590785321194.png1590785326847.png1590785332511.png
I built this in PL as a surprise team to beat nalei. I'll never forget the moment when I picked tyranitar into alolan-ninetales and people started popping off when my sand proc-ed before the hail
I started this team with kebia whimsicott. this certainly isn't the most common item for whimsi, but I thought that I'd be able to beat any haxorus' or sawks that nalei may bring. it had the added benefit of beating then-unsets like pjab rhyp, which the team is insanely weak to without kebia. She also is well-known for using gimmick-y mons and sets, many of which can be rendered entirely useless by taunt
My second choice for a mon was arcanine. before this series, I'd been using a LOT of stall, and was becoming known for relatively fat and slow teams. I wouldn't put it past nalei to expect double stall mons + band tyranitar from me. Stall arc also made me look pretty weak to ttar, assuming she opted to bring it. one of my teams the week prior had been 3-0ed by ttar and I expected it to make a reappearance when she was down 0-1. LO arc gave me a little more offensive capability than stall would've as well as baiting stallbreakers like tyranitar and scarfed sawk
my last mon was the most fun to build with: scarfed tyranitar. my team at this point was missing a good amount of special bulk, which tyranitar was pretty known for. my team also straight up lost to stall arcanine if I had been banded ttar, so I thought that the speed boost I got from scarfing it would let me get a jump on a lot of mons hoping to outspeed and stall me
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen81v1-1071045736 (the game I brought it in)

1590782579302.png

Interesting interesting. Would you say this team still holds up in the current metagame? Or is this more of a one-off that was only really useful for this one instance?

1590782572447.png

I would definitely not recommend using it. whimsi has unfortunately lost a lot of viability post-mimi and rachi bans. the team is also pretty weak to lucky yawn sylveons, and you have to predict the sets for any darm-gs you might run into

1590782579302.png

Speaking of the metagame, with your recent promotion to 1v1 Council, I'm sure many people are curious to hear what your thoughts on the metagame might be? The way it's developed into what it is now, what it's looking to be towards the future, etc.

1590782572447.png

I'm super excited to be working with the rest of the 1v1 Council in helping promote the well-being of the metagame. I think that the metagame is actually in the healthiest spot it's been in, tbh. with the removal of dynamax, sableye, mew, necrozma, mimikyu, and jirachi up to this point, I think it's finally mellowed down enough for players to start recognizing what is good, rather than what is broken
I'm looking forward to DLC as well. I'm really excited to see how that will supplement the mons and playstyle of the metagame.

1590782579302.png

Interesting, would you say anything is looking to be bannable with what we have atm? If not, what would you say is the next closest thing?

1590782572447.png

I honestly don't think anything in the meta is bannable atm, but Darm-g is certainly the closest thing we have to it. with just two main sets it manages to destroy the vast majority of the meta with strong stats, a fantastic ability, and a great movepool. I wouldn't say it was worthy of a ban, but it certainly forces steelix and crustle to be used much more than they would be otherwise

1590782579302.png

Big agree on that one. Now, shifting from the metagame to the people who play it, what are your thoughts on the overall 1v1 community? You end up interacting with more or less everyone between the room, smogon, and discord, so I'm sure you've probably formed a strong opinion by now.

1590782572447.png

I definitely understand the differing opinions from smogon players on the community in general. We always manage to get mixed up in the thick of drama. I think that we do have a pretty bad reputation for toxcitiy, which is something I'd like to see changed in the future. but, as with any community, there are bad apples that give everyone a bad rep, and I can confidently say that the 1v1 community is not all bad

1590782579302.png

I couldn't agree more. Now, as we wrap things up, your dedication to 1v1 has been pretty clear to see, with your investment in near everything between tournaments, VR, analyses, Council, suspects, and so on; all of this raises a question though: Do you have any long term goals in mind for the community and metagame? Say, five years from now, where would you want to see 1v1?

1590782572447.png

hm, that's a toughie. I'm not sure that 1v1 synergizes enough with the competitive ideals of Smogon to be ever made official, but I do hope for a day where the only thing holding us back is our metagame, rather than our community

1590782579302.png

I hope we can get there, too. Any last words to the readers?

1590782572447.png

Thanks for reading! feel free to lmk if you have any questions, and I'll do my best to answer them!

1590782579302.png

Thanks for your time :)
======================================================================

Duration of interview: 2 hours, 14 minutes

If you have any questions of your own for Waylaid , feel free to ask them here!

As for the next interview, don't expect a consistent schedule behind these-​

1. To be or not to be?
  2. Is you will, or is you ain't, my baby?
  3. If Korean pop is kpop, then is Chinese rap crap?
  4. Is this your final form?
I've been meaning to work on my 1v1 skills a bit. I think I've become somewhat of a nice current and oldgens builder, but I just want to ask- any picking tips from the goat himself?

Last edited:
Waylaid what are your thoughts on the Hotshot Heatmors
unviable team the skarmorys are MUCH better

Assuming you have looked at what is coming back in DLC what new mons do you think will do well? And why is your answer Emboar/Registeel?
Regibroke and volcarona both seem pretty good in this dlc. the tapus seem BROKEN but idk if they're out in this next one

Waylaid who do u hate on smogon.com/forums/threads/othermetas/1v1

who is the shittest player on west(real wcop and 1v1)

how many girls u dated

qc kommo?

how r u so irrelevant but get an interview

respond to my snap :-)
Nalei for beating me in randbats
me
ya sure I can do it tonight
it's the jerk bro trust me
I did

Do you reckon we should free KyuW in 1v1?
And what are your thoughts on Immanuel Kant and the Critiques of Pure Reason? please I have a test tomorrow and I haven't studied yet
haven't really given it much consideration tbh. I'd like to play around with it first but drag ice typing seems pretty epic offensively but pretty trash defensively. might just be a worse kyub, but "HOw worse" is the question
Kant’s primary aim is to determine the limits and scope of pure reason. That is, he wants to know what reason alone can determine without the help of the senses or any other faculties. Metaphysicians make grand claims about the nature of reality based on pure reason alone, but these claims often conflict with one another. Furthermore, Kant is prompted by Hume’s skepticism to doubt the very possibility of metaphysics.

Kant draws two important distinctions: between a priori and a posteriori knowledge and between analytic and synthetic judgments. A posteriori knowledge is the particular knowledge we gain from experience, and a priori knowledge is the necessary and universal knowledge we have independent of experience, such as our knowledge of mathematics. In an analytic judgment, the concept in the predicate is contained in the concept in the subject, as, for instance, in the judgment, “a bachelor is an unmarried man.” (In this context, predicate refers to whatever is being said about the subject of the sentence—for instance, “is an unmarried man.”) In a synthetic judgment, the predicate concept contains information not contained in the subject concept, and so a synthetic judgment is informative rather than just definitional. Typically, we associate a posteriori knowledge with synthetic judgments and a priori knowledge with analytic judgments. For instance, the judgment “all swans are white” is synthetic because whiteness is not a part of the concept of “swan” (a black swan would still be a swan even though it isn’t white), but it is also a posteriori because we can only find out if all swans are white from experience.

Kant argues that mathematics and the principles of science contain synthetic a priori knowledge. For example, “7 + 5 = 12” is a priori because it is a necessary and universal truth we know independent of experience, and it is synthetic because the concept of “12” is not contained in the concept of “7 + 5.” Kant argues that the same is true for scientific principles such as, “for every action there is an equal an opposite reaction”: because it is universally applicable, it must be a priori knowledge, since a posteriori knowledge only tells us about particular experiences.

The fact that we are capable of synthetic a priori knowledge suggests that pure reason is capable of knowing important truths. However, Kant does not follow rationalist metaphysics in asserting that pure reason has the power to grasp the mysteries of the universe. Instead, he suggests that much of what we consider to be reality is shaped by the perceiving mind. The mind, according to Kant, does not passively receive information provided by the senses. Rather, it actively shapes and makes sense of that information. If all the events in our experience take place in time, that is because our mind arranges sensory experience in a temporal progression, and if we perceive that some events cause other events, that is because our mind makes sense of events in terms of cause and effect. Kant’s argument has a certain parallel to the fact that a person wearing blue-tinted sunglasses sees everything in a bluish light: according to Kant, the mind wears unremovable time-tinted and causation-tinted sunglasses, so that all our experience necessarily takes place in time and obeys the laws of causation.

Time and space, Kant argues, are pure intuitions of our faculty of sensibility, and concepts of physics such as causation and inertia are pure intuitions of our faculty of understanding. Sensory experience only makes sense because our faculty of sensibility processes it, organizing it according to our intuitions of time and space. These intuitions are the source of mathematics: our number sense comes from our intuition of successive moments in time, and geometry comes from our intuition of space. Events that take place in space and time would still be a meaningless jumble if it were not for our faculty of understanding, which organizes experience according to the concepts, like causation, which form the principles of natural science.

1. Coke or Pepsi
  2. Favorite color
  3. Date of birth
  4. Favorite and least favorite generation
  5. Height
  6. Mother's maiden name
  7. Describe your sleep schedule
  8. The 3 digits on the back
1. Pepsi
2. purple
3. 11/16/2002
4. fav: zoomers least fav: boomers (duh)
5. 6'2 (188cm)
6. WaylaidMom
7. REallylyyy wack cuz I don't just go to bed late, I sometimes wake up early and sleep early and it's kinda at random
8. 420 (Ha see what I did there that's what we call a "funny" in the business)

1. What's a Pokémon?
2. Nerd/Geek/Popular Dude
3. Picture of the barcode on the last item you ever bought.
4. Your height(cm) divided by your weight (kg)

More to come
1. Battle rat used for virtual dogfighting
2. somewhere between? I was varsity swim captain but also I play pokemon in my spare time so :blobshrug:
4. 2.51

will u be my bf? :mad:
1590794579648.png

1. To be or not to be?
  2. Is you will, or is you ain't, my baby?
  3. If Korean pop is kpop, then is Chinese rap crap?
  4. Is this your final form?
I've been meaning to work on my 1v1 skills a bit. I think I've become somewhat of a nice current and oldgens builder, but I just want to ask- any picking tips from the goat himself?
1. that do be the question doe
2. Youse is still my baby, baby
3. false equivalency
4. not even close.

actual question: beat your opponent, not the game. I've had plenty of games where I've picked the choice that just felt...wrong. at the end of the day, it's not about picking what you like to pick, it's about counterpicking what they like to pick

Last edited:

Boat

fuck nintendo
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
1. Favorite character in Avatar?
2. Favorite character in Attack on Titan?
3. best piece of drama you've seen on this site
4. record yourself playing singing Don't Stop Me Now on saxophone, and post it here (apparently waylaid turned his saxophone in and doesnt wanna sing, so ill let it pass and just ask him when he's getting vish reqs)
5. 1v1 Room bot viability rankings
6. top 3 accents in 1v1
7. best meme in 1v1 history

Last edited:

D2TheW

Amadán
Is 2v2 good or great or both?
Baelaid or Wayloat?
Is it pronounced potato or potato?
Consider the classic trolley problem, no one is in danger but if you pull the lever, you get to wave at the people inside the ship of thesius. Do you go back in time to kill your grandfather's axe?
Why is my phone so shit that I can't accompany the above with a picture?
Shempic?

zxgzxg

scrabble
is a Forum Moderator
Kant’s primary aim is to determine the limits and scope of pure reason. That is, he wants to know what reason alone can determine without the help of the senses or any other faculties. Metaphysicians make grand claims about the nature of reality based on pure reason alone, but these claims often conflict with one another. Furthermore, Kant is prompted by Hume’s skepticism to doubt the very possibility of metaphysics.

Kant draws two important distinctions: between a priori and a posteriori knowledge and between analytic and synthetic judgments. A posteriori knowledge is the particular knowledge we gain from experience, and a priori knowledge is the necessary and universal knowledge we have independent of experience, such as our knowledge of mathematics. In an analytic judgment, the concept in the predicate is contained in the concept in the subject, as, for instance, in the judgment, “a bachelor is an unmarried man.” (In this context, predicate refers to whatever is being said about the subject of the sentence—for instance, “is an unmarried man.”) In a synthetic judgment, the predicate concept contains information not contained in the subject concept, and so a synthetic judgment is informative rather than just definitional. Typically, we associate a posteriori knowledge with synthetic judgments and a priori knowledge with analytic judgments. For instance, the judgment “all swans are white” is synthetic because whiteness is not a part of the concept of “swan” (a black swan would still be a swan even though it isn’t white), but it is also a posteriori because we can only find out if all swans are white from experience.

Kant argues that mathematics and the principles of science contain synthetic a priori knowledge. For example, “7 + 5 = 12” is a priori because it is a necessary and universal truth we know independent of experience, and it is synthetic because the concept of “12” is not contained in the concept of “7 + 5.” Kant argues that the same is true for scientific principles such as, “for every action there is an equal an opposite reaction”: because it is universally applicable, it must be a priori knowledge, since a posteriori knowledge only tells us about particular experiences.

The fact that we are capable of synthetic a priori knowledge suggests that pure reason is capable of knowing important truths. However, Kant does not follow rationalist metaphysics in asserting that pure reason has the power to grasp the mysteries of the universe. Instead, he suggests that much of what we consider to be reality is shaped by the perceiving mind. The mind, according to Kant, does not passively receive information provided by the senses. Rather, it actively shapes and makes sense of that information. If all the events in our experience take place in time, that is because our mind arranges sensory experience in a temporal progression, and if we perceive that some events cause other events, that is because our mind makes sense of events in terms of cause and effect. Kant’s argument has a certain parallel to the fact that a person wearing blue-tinted sunglasses sees everything in a bluish light: according to Kant, the mind wears unremovable time-tinted and causation-tinted sunglasses, so that all our experience necessarily takes place in time and obeys the laws of causation.

Time and space, Kant argues, are pure intuitions of our faculty of sensibility, and concepts of physics such as causation and inertia are pure intuitions of our faculty of understanding. Sensory experience only makes sense because our faculty of sensibility processes it, organizing it according to our intuitions of time and space. These intuitions are the source of mathematics: our number sense comes from our intuition of successive moments in time, and geometry comes from our intuition of space. Events that take place in space and time would still be a meaningless jumble if it were not for our faculty of understanding, which organizes experience according to the concepts, like causation, which form the principles of natural science.
Could've just given him the SparkNotes link lmao https://www.sparknotes.com/philosophy/kant/section1/

Ok an actual question: How do I build for oldgens (especially cuz its hard to test teams cuz there's no ladder)?

1. hi :)
2. Favorite kind of Dorito chip?
3. How many countries have you ever been to?
4. Are you a big fan?
5. How hot is it outside where you are?
6. What's the last thing you've eaten?
7. What color is your bed?
8. Friendly reminder to stay hydrated
9. I ran out of things to say so hi again :)

Waylaid how does it feel to win two (2) 1v1 premier league?
yeah, I won two (2) 1v1 premier league

1. Favorite character in Avatar?
2. Favorite character in Attack on Titan?
3. best piece of drama you've seen on this site
4. record yourself playing singing Don't Stop Me Now on saxophone, and post it here (apparently waylaid turned his saxophone in and doesnt wanna sing, so ill let it pass and just ask him when he's getting vish reqs)
5. 1v1 Room bot viability rankings
6. top 3 accents in 1v1
7. best meme in 1v1 history
1. Uncle Hiro
2. Mikasa
3. OMPL commencement thread
4. oof that's a sore subject you saw my reqs attempt today
5. A: Suspect Philosophy (Felucia good work)
B: Scrappie (Felucia good work)
C: Posho 9000
D: Ice Kyubs (Felucia mediocre work)
F. Kid A
1. dogknees
2. GeneralGunderson
3. stableprince569
1590817676249.png

Is 2v2 good or great or both?
Baelaid or Wayloat?
Is it pronounced potato or potato?
Consider the classic trolley problem, no one is in danger but if you pull the lever, you get to wave at the people inside the ship of thesius. Do you go back in time to kill your grandfather's axe?
Why is my phone so shit that I can't accompany the above with a picture?
Shempic?
both
I prefer Baelaid but I will literally add anything as a hl
po-TAY-to
just ask Nalei for my stance on theoretical physics and quantum mechanics I'm hella down to discuss the grandfather paradox and why a lot of modern physicists are bad
feel free to send me one on disc at Waylaid#1048
shmepic

Could've just given him the SparkNotes link lmao https://www.sparknotes.com/philosophy/kant/section1/

Ok an actual question: How do I build for oldgens (especially cuz its hard to test teams cuz there's no ladder)?
pretending that I wrote it myself is way funnier
hm you basically always need a buddy to test teams and stuff with. both LittleRunnerXC and I are always down to play some oldgens, so just feel free to pm one of us whenever for testing. in terms of building, I'd recommend looking at replays in big tournaments with oldgens like PL and Classic, as well as looking through the oldgen VRs to learn about what's considered a threat. oldgens are usually pretty different from the main gen but a lot of fun to play

2. Favorite kind of Dorito chip?
3. How many countries have you ever been to?
4. Are you a big fan?
5. How hot is it outside where you are?
6. What's the last thing you've eaten?
7. What color is your bed?
8. Friendly reminder to stay hydrated
9. I ran out of things to say so hi again :)
2. blue ones
3. US, Mexico, Canada, Italy
4. I'm a HUGE fan
5. kinda hot rn tbh. it's been in mid to high 90s (32-36.5C) this week
6. pulled pork sandwiches
7. my bedspread is a light gray and my comforter is a deep blue
8. I drink on the DAILY
9. hi :)

Does size matter? :0
"iT's NoT tHe SiZe Of ThE bOaT iT's ThE mOtIoN oF tHe-" yes, it does matter. a kayak will never be able to cross an ocean and a speedboat is just too damn fast

eblurb

Up late thinking about life
is a Tiering Contributor
1. You once said my existence is why you support euthanasia. Do you stand by that statement?
2. What do you think of my poetry?
3. Would you change anything in a PL redraft? (only correct answer: spending 3k on me)
4. give me teams
5. give me teams
6. give me teams
7. Why does your thing say from west philadelphia born and raised?
8. Do you enjoy laddering 1v1?

Last edited:
1. Whats ur best swimming stroke
2. What r ur time in all ur strokes(or jus ur best stroke if u want)
3. r u a tiktok kid
4. if ur a tiktok kid whats ur tiktok @ (its fine if u dont want to or if u dont have a tiktok)
5. how does he do it
6. thats it ty for ur time Baelaid <333333333333

How do I pm if locked ;-; I’ve been a bad boy
simple fix, just make me gstaff and I can help you build still (or just ask on discord)

1. You once said my existence is why you support euthanasia. Do you stand by that statement?
2. What do you think of my poetry?
3. Would you change anything in a PL redraft? (only correct answer: spending 3k on me)
4. give me teams
5. give me teams
6. give me teams
7. Why does your thing say from west philadelphia born and raised?
8. Do you enjoy laddering 1v1?
1. no. you wrote/performed a sonnet for me. it was beautiful.
2. incredible. beautiful. incomparable.
3. honestly I think I would've liked that extra 3k to spend on my man eblurb
4. https://pokepast.es/618c451974b0b595 (I think crucify beat zio with this like the third time they played)
5. https://pokepast.es/a553c8ab71923a00 (pl winning team btw)
6. https://pokepast.es/99d3cbd9f1302007 (if you look closely you'll notice that this is the same one I gave in the interview)
8. yeah it's pretty alright once you get out of like 1400s.

1. Whats ur best swimming stroke
2. What r ur time in all ur strokes(or jus ur best stroke if u want)
3. r u a tiktok kid
4. if ur a tiktok kid whats ur tiktok @ (its fine if u dont want to or if u dont have a tiktok)
5. how does he do it
6. thats it ty for ur time Baelaid <333333333333
1. breaststroke without a doubt
2. times from last season (didn't actually have any meets this season cuz corona :/)
100 breaststroke: 1:02
100 free: 54
200 breaststroke: 2: 18
200 IM: 2:08
I swam the 500 like one time and got like 5:30 but Le Creme Brule is way better at it
3. nah I don't vibe with that whole "spied on by the chinese government" nonsense
4. don't have an active one and the account that I made is the same as my insta and I don't really wanna leak that here...
5. BRO HOW DOES HE DO IT
6. thanks for the questions <3333

nolenot

Banned deucer.
1. How does it feel to have a word named after you?
2. are you related in any way to Joe?
3. will you say sextillion without the tillion the rap "money money man" by the esteemed rapper videogamedunkey
4. what is your favorite 1v1 OM
5. how fat is your builder (ie. teams with no Pokemon or no moves/EVs)
6. what is the stupidest move in all of Pokemon

5. If 82/5 is 19 what's 47/5?
6. What's a Smogon?
7. When Discord had a child with Smogon, what happened?
8. Would you rather be able to eat any type of berry and gain the effects it has on a Pokémon, or hold any item to gain those effects?

1. What is the most underrated mon in the current 1v1 meta and why is it Arcanine?
2. Why aren't people using Drought in 2v2PL?
3. What is your favorite gen of 1v1?
4. How does it feel being an epic gamer?

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
is a Community Contributor
Waylaid Foxxeyy, Smajet, and nolenot are waiting for you to answer them, what gives?

Favorite LRXC nickname?

Least favorite LRXC nickname?

Favorite way to consume bananas?

THoughts on ADV > DPP in all 1v1 tours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)