Pinch Berries

A discussion of pinch berries, salac in particular as it is the most common. I have been using SubSalacSDSandVeil Chomp and it has been pretty awesome because it can outspeed and OHKO genesect and palkia easily at +1,which are the most common scarfers. Because uber steels are always specially defensive, they can't even sponge outrage. The only counter is really skarmory but using HP fire latias, fire blast tyranitar, and kyogr's scald have been enough so far at least. I also tired out SubSD groudon which failed miserably. Terrakion worked to decent success but giratina could always beat it and it can't set up as easily.

Garchomp (F) @ Salac Berry
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 SAtk
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Or maybe this?

Thundurus (M) @ Salac Berry
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SpD
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Nasty Plot
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Custap berry counts too I believe.
(F) @ Custap Berry
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 Atk
Brave Nature (+Atk, -Spd)
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SDef / 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin

tehy

Banned deucer.
Why not try SubSalac Thundurus-I? With Prankster, it can NP and then sub in in the face of a faster switch-in, and it's faster originally too if that helps

Edit: I mean, you can have both. But JS, if he NP's and X scarfer switches in, he can sub in their face down to Salac, which is nice.

Yes that sounds like a much better idea. I will edit that in the OP. Therian has more power but practically no scarfer beats thundurus-i. Unboosted in speed he can beat most arceuses and the lati twins. No I don't think the SpA boost is ever worth the utility. Volt absorb has very few merits also.

With all the berries released, I've been tempted to try a Sub-SD-Reversal set on Blaziken, one that uses a Liechi berry. But with all the Dragons and Birds in this meta, I can't figure out a way to make it work.

back in -DP- GenIV priority wasn't common so salac was very usable (still remember my SubSalac Darkrai). After Plat and then the release of Arceus, priority is everywhere and teams that don't have any form of priority are not among the top teams

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)