Tournament Permutations (Solomod) Tourney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Approved by Ludicrousity
Permutations Tournament!
Hi! So I have been authorized by Ludicrousity to host the very first Solomod tourney! This tournament is for the Solomod Permutations. In case you don't want to click the link, here is a summary of what Permutations is:
In this metagame, you pick a Pokemon, as usual. That gives you access to that Pokemon's BST. Then, you pick your type combination from the existing pool of type combinations. After that, you pick an ability from any ability that an existing Pokemon can have, bar BH ability bans. Finally, you pick a moveset to inherit out of all existing movesets, bar Mew and Smeargle's movesets. You can't use Chatter, Boomburst, Extremespeed, Fishous Rend, or Bolt Beak, but any other moves are fair game. All we would need to discuss is bans. This uses Nat Dex OU. Also, Slaking and Regigigas are banned.
This tourney would be a great way to develop the meta into a playable state (it's not in one right now, holy no). I'm gonna go ahead and guarantee that we will have our share of complaints about broken sets being used. That's okay. It's part of the fun.
You can find sample sets in the post (currently only one). Anyway, on to the tournament details. The tournament will start next Saturday, 8/1/20, at 2:00 PM EST. It will be single elimination, best of 3.
The format is playable on http://showdown-test-client.herokuapp.com/.
Reply with "In" if you want a spot. Signups end Friday, 7/31/20, at 11:59 P.M. EST.
I hope to see you there! I'll be on the server sporadically if you want to playtest!

Last edited:
Also, since this Solomod doesn’t have its own thread, and needs extensive play testing to avoid being broken, I would appreciate any broken sets being posted here

since I got literally 0 signups (I was technically one but I never announced it), the tournament today is cancelled. I am rescheduling for next Saturday. However, I will be on the client (fancy name for a server but with cookies) at 2 PM if anyone wants to ladder.

Ludicrousity

You humour me greatly with your arrogance and c...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I’m presuming it’s already been done, but ban things from taking movesets from Pikachu-Starter. As you saw, Zippy Zap is dumb. Electric ESpeed that raises evasion.

On the end of less busted but still scary, watch out for anything with Gale Wings, personally using Marowak. Rayquaza donates Dragon Ascent, and some other crazy strong moves too.

Shame this isn’t getting much attention because the creativity in this is crazy high.

I’m presuming it’s already been done, but ban things from taking movesets from Pikachu-Starter. As you saw, Zippy Zap is dumb. Electric ESpeed that raises evasion.

On the end of less busted but still scary, watch out for anything with Gale Wings, personally using Marowak. Rayquaza donates Dragon Ascent, and some other crazy strong moves too.

Shame this isn’t getting much attention because the creativity in this is crazy high.
I never specified to reply with "In" if you want a spot. So I've updated the original post, and I am replying to myself with "In".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)