SS PU (PEAKED #6 32-1) DEMON'S BANE (POST DLC)

1592686627435.png

1592684279257.png

(The one loss is from using a stall team however it's part of the record so it is what it is)

A few more days until the PU OPEN signups and I wanted to post this to aid competitors.

Thank you for stopping by and checking out my 3rd RMT, which also happens to be my 3rd PU RMT.

This team was shared in the PU team dump however I've made several changes for to reflect the new PU post DLC metagame.

If SUSANOO was my ultimate defensive team, this has to my ultimate hyper offense.

The idea stemmed from my lust for Stored Power users that are bulky. Duoison was my first choice when I was new to PU, moving on to Mush and then Goth.

My teams motto "Keep hazards up on the field at all costs"

How do I do this?

1) Togetic and Vespiquen cannot switch into Crustle as it sets up, this leaves Vibrava who can safely switch in and defog as it wishes. If I see a Vibrava on the opposing team with no Dark-type, I get Stealth Rock up and spikes if I can (while keeping Crustle healthy, if spikes risks it dying I only SR), I lure in Vibrava, go into Goth and start to go ham. Even if I cannot flat out sweep, I cause some shuffling of the opposing team and scout sets whilst dealing some decent damage. Crustle can come in again on the Pokemon that forces Goth out so that;s fine.

2) Basculin possesses two amazing tools: Final Gambit and Head Smash. I came up with FG Basculin over a month ago and haven't looked back since. It's biggest thing is its surprise value and preventing Defogs in a pinch. Additionally it really helps me kill Slowpoke, Dubwool and other pests after tons of residual damage in addition to dealing with opposing CM stored power mons.

3) Gourgeists dodges Rapid Spin however with Triple Axel now introduced, it makes it's life MUCH harder vs Hitmontop, thankfully I tend to bring down Hitmontop to a point where it cannot spin again and might even die after switching so, therefore it just acts as fodder as I revenge kill it after losing Gourgeist to it.

4) Pikachu has Volt Switch to really punish physically defensive togetic and vespiquen.

5) My own Hitmontop beats alot of hazard removers, from Silvally Grass to Vespiquen to Vibrava so all is good.

As you can see it's extremely hard to get rid of hazards whilst not having to sacrifice alot in return, Goth only needs a small amount of disruption to sweep.

Once hazards are down, my priority spammers just pressure the opponent and eventually Pikachu and/or Goth end the game.

1592684874373.png

DRAGON SHOT (Basculin-Blue-Striped) @ Mystic Water
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Liquidation
- Head Smash / Flip Turn / Crunch
- Final Gambit

Amazing speed tier and great ability. Allows me to revenge several silvally formes, deal with fire-types and threaten a decent portion of the metagame with powerful STAB attacks. Mystic Water allows me to bluff CB vs players who dont bother to calculate and give me that flexibility, thus leaving me less prone to getting defogged on.

---------------------

1592685004971.png

DEVIL'S LANCE (Crustle) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Very standard Pokemon and set. The team wouldn't work without this Pokemon's fantastic ability and sr and spikes combo. I may conserve it at times if I see that the opponent has a good chance at defoggin hazards and has a very fat team which needs hazards down to break.

--------------------------------------------

1592685125243.png

DEMON'S BANE (Gourgeist) @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Explosion / Fire Blast
- Shadow Sneak
- Power Whip
- Poltergeist

The beauty of this Pokemon is that it outpaces boots Mr Rime and ohkoes with Poltergeist; in the past I had issues with Mr Rime as Power Whip wouldn't come close to OHKOin. Keep this Pokemon alive at all costs so long as their spinner is alive and well. Even if it is super crippled, it is worth foiling a spin attempt. After hazards are down, Type Null and Mareanie cores crumble and cannot sustain repeated hits from this thing. Explosion is when you really need something gone without risking a miss, or for stopping defog. Fire Blast can be used to roast Pawniard and Mawile however Mawile doesn't like taking Poltergeist. Tangela, who seems really good on paper also fails to tank repeated hits from this and Hitmontop.

---------------------------------

1592685484694.png

NIKO STYLE (Pikachu) @ Light Ball
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Fake Out
- Extreme Speed
- Volt Switch
- Knock Off

Pokemon Mascot. Easy to understand moveset, revenge kill any offensive threat and abuse hazards presence. As Pikachu is good at forcing switches, volt switch punishes these and allows you to bring the next demon from hell. I know that an +atk nature is weird, but I get some 100% kills whereas before with a naive/hasty nature, it was a roll which can be the difference between winning or losing. Besides, I beat Raboot with fake out + Espeed combination. Static can at times be a saving grace such as paralyzing physical attackers when I have no choice but to sack Pikachu. This is the one Pokemon you want to ensure never gets statused, especially Toxic. If you cannot get Toxic Spikes off the field for whatever reason, it's worth letting them get 2 layers since Pikachu will be switching in and out often and that 6% less damage over the first 2 turns is huge.

----------------------

1592685815314.png

EVOLUTION (Gothitelle) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Cosmic Power
- Stored Power
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

S.T.A.R of the show. No opposing Dark-type = Carnage. This thing's bulk is insane and after 1 cosmic Power strong Ghost moves cannot bring you down. Between many weaker Pokemon carrying U-turn or the weak shadow sneak from ghosts, or even knock off being everywhere, Weakness Policy is easy to activate. Once you get a cosmic power or two with WP activated, you can do some real damage. Ideally you save this thing for when the opposing trick mon is gone (manectric / mr mime etc) however if you need to use it earlier you can still force them to come in and switch out thus piling up valuable hazard damage on them meaning Pikachu and friends can revenge them easier even if that exchange led to a sequence where hazards were defogged away afterwards. You COULD try running a second attack and then forgo Sleep Talk however the 2 turns where you are asleep means that you increase the chance to get crit and also hazers can use that. However there is still merit in having a move that nukes Dark types.

------------------------

1592686156927.png

HAMMER OF BURMA (Hitmontop) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Mach Punch
- Close Combat / Fake Out
- Triple Axel

Helps me with Thievul whilst acting as a hazard remover. Triple Axel is insanely powerful and Grass-types such as Roselia, Gourg, Bello cannot afford to mess around with this thing in the field. I personally don't use CC and in all my recent games didn't regret not having it once. I guess when hazard stack becomes so potent, the damage output needed drops so I'm fine with the extra super priority in fake out. fake out also allows me to stall out Grass Terrain turns, revenge priority users such as Basculin and opposing Pikachu. Alot of people run enough speed to outpace offensive Mawile however I do not have the tools to do major damage to it so I value the ability to take special attacks far more than dealing with Mawile.

To conlude, this team is very simple to use and has helped me improve my long term game planning. I highly recommend trying this is you want a team that commands a fast paced game in addition to having alot of cool unorthodox tools to dismantle stall and offense alike.

Thank you for reading.

I'm now starting to look into other Pokemon outside my comfort zone and you may soon see a Sandygast stall near you.

Take care

~SOMALIA

https://pokepast.es/d43f90312f35a2de

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)