move 3: Mach Punch / Ice Punch / Nuzzle
move 4: Revival Blessing
item: Life Orb / Magnet / Focus Sash
ability: Iron Fist / Volt Absorb / Natural Cure
nature: Jolly
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
tera type: Electric

[SET COMMENTS]

* Pawmot has high offensive stats and the revolutionary power to revive a teammate, giving it unique utility in an offensive Pokemon.

* Double Shock and Close Combat are its most important attacks, but note that it can only use Double Shock once without Terastalizing. Once Terastilized, Pawmot you can use Double Shock continuously for big damage, even on foes that resist it.

* Mach Punch allows Pawmot to revenge kill better, hitting Meowscarada, Choice Scarf Hydreigon, and Tera Steel Dragapult super effectively.

*Ice Punch gives Pawmot coverage against Ground-types, most notably Clodsire and Garchomp, in addition to hitting Dragapult for lots of damage.

*Nuzzle parakyzes foes, and it's notably one of the few ways to inflict paralysis on Gholdengo. This move is best when used with a Focus Sash, as Pawmot can paralyze the foe and outspeed it the next turn, getting another move off before it faints.

Abilities
========

* Iron Fist boosts the power of Mach Punch and Ice Punch, giving Pawmot more powerful priority and coverage.

* Volt Absorb's Electric immunity stops Magnezone, Rotom-W, and Rotom-H from using Volt Switch to create safe switch-ins.

* Natural Cure allows Pawmot to take status moves more freely, such as Yawn from Dondozo or Will-o-Wisp from Skeledirge.

Items
========

**Life Orb**: Life Orbs enables easier revenge kills at the cost of recoil.

**Magnet**: Magnet will power up Double Shock without the recoil from Life Orb, and it also frees up Life Orb for a teammate to use instead.

**Focus Sash**: Focus Sash trades the damage boost from the other items for better opportunities to use Revival Blessing and Nuzzle.

Tera Types
=========

**Electric**: An Electric Tera Type allows Pawmot to continuously use Double Shock, making it an effective late-game cleaner.

[CREDITS]

Written by: [[Blackbeltsam, 11020]]
Quality Checked by: [[Theorymon, 29010]]
Grammar checked by: [[Adeleine, 517429]]

Last edited:

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm here to give you a QC check!

Here's a general tip that should help in future analyses: It's better to explain the "Why" to a move, rather than what it does. I'll point out the instances where this makes sense. Don't worry if it seems like a lot: it takes a while to get used to writing Pokemon analyses!

- I'd seperate the slashed moves into separate bullet points since they're all pretty different, and I'd focus what mons they target. For example, we know what Mach Punch does, but in addition to it being useful for picking off weakened foes, its good to mention the Pokemon it targets. Said targets include: Meowscarada, Choice Scarf Hydreigon, and Tera Steel Dragapult.

- For Ice Punch, I'd mention it doing big damage to Garchomp and Dragapult too, even if those two are still hit pretty hard by other stuff.

- I think you got the right idea for how to talk about moves with Nuzzle, Gholdengo is a very important target! It's worth mentioning too that it fits best with Focus Sash Pawmot.

- I think there's no need to mention a Jolly nature, since most players will understand why it needs that nature. Same for Close Combat's drawbacks, since Pawmot is so frail that most people assume Close Combat is gonna do what it usually does.

- Good thinking on the Double Shock mention though, its a very specific mechanic to Pawmot! I would go further though, and mention that Tera Electric Double Shock is a big selling point for Pawmot, as the move becomes very difficult to wall.

- You asked on Discord for a way to make Revival Blessing sound more epic. Since its a big point about Pawmot, I'd go further and combine the point about Revival Blessing into the first bullet point, which is usually where you want to sell the pont of the Pokemon in 1-2 sentences. So for this one, here's a sentence you're free to modify! "With good offensive stats and the incredible power to revive a teammate with Revival Blessing, Pawmot provides unique utility for an offensive Pokemon."

- I don't think there's a need to mention Rabsca in this case. It COULD be viable, but best to focus more squarely on Pawmot imo.

- For Volt Absorb, I'd focus on the immunity to Rotom-W, Rotom-H, and Magnezone's Volt Switch letting Pawmot punish their attempts to pivot with a free switch-in.

- Sorry I didn't mention this in the sample set, but Natural Cure is worth a mention in the ability section. Mainly, it allows Pawmot to take on Yawn users such as Dondozo more easily, and switch out after falling to sleep with little consequence.

- For Magnet, I think its a good idea to mention that it lets another teammate carry Life Orb, since some Life Orb cleaners pair well with Revival Blessing.

- For Focus Sash, I'd change the sentence to talk about how it trades cleaning power for better attempts at supporting the team with Revival Blessing and Nuzzle.

I know this seems like a lot, but that's OK! I'll give this another go after you implement this stuff!

Wow, what an interesting Mon to get an analysis!

Clearly nothing to add, given the movepool. Just surprised it gets this, even w/ such a good move it's fringe usage that I've seen. I wonder what else might get written up...

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Almost there! Here, I fixed some spelling, grammar, and formatting errors, and marked stuff to add in blue for future reference, and stuff to remove in red and crossed out. Once you implement that stuff, consider this QC Approved! Just note this isn't an official grammar check, I'm not a pro at this lol. But it should help out GP!

[SET]
name: Offensive Blessing
move 1: Double Shock
move 2: Close Combat

[SET COMMENTS]

* Pawmot has strong offensive stats and the revolutionary power to revive a teammate, giving Pawmot unique utility in an offensive Pokemon.

* Double Shock and Close Combat are the most powerful attacks that Pawmot can learn, but be weary that Double Shock can only be used once under normal circumstances. , but once Once you Tera-Type Electric you can use Double Shock continuously for big damage, even on opponents that resist it.

* Mach Punch is a priority move, allowing Mach Punch allows Pawmot to revenge kill more easily, and hitting Meowscarada, Scarf Hydreigon, and Tera Steel Dragapult.

* Ice Punch gives Pawmot coverage against Ground-types, most notably against Clodsire who resists Close Combat, in addition to hitting Garchomp and Dragapult for lots of damage.

* Nuzzle is there to inflict Paralysis to any non-grounds in the format, and is one of the few ways to inflict paralysis on Gholdengo. This move fits best when used with a Focus Sash, as you can Paralyza Paralyze the opponent's Pokemon and outspeed it the next turn.

Abilities
========

* Iron Fist boosts the power of Mach Punch and Ice Punch, giving you more powerful priority or more powerful coverage.

* Volt Absorb will give you an immunity to Electric Moves, which stops Magnezone, Rotom-W, and Rotom-H from using Volt Switch to get safe switch-ins.

* Natural Cure allows Pawmot to take status moves more freely, such as Yawn from Dondozo or Will o' Wisp Will-O-Wisp from Skeledirge.

Items
========

* **Life Orb**: This makes your moves stronger, enabling easier revenge kills at the cost of recoil.

* **Magnet**: Magnet will power up Double Shock without the recoil from Life Orb, and also frees up Life Orb for a Teammate to use instead.

* **Focus Sash**: Focus Sash trades the damage boost from the other items for better opprotunities opportunities to use Revival Blessing and Nuzzle.

Tera Types
=========

* **Electric**: An Electric-Type Tera is used as it allows you to continuously use Double Shock, making Pawmot an effective late game cleaner.

[CREDITS]

Written by: [[Blackbeltsam, 11020]]

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Add/Fix Remove Comment
(AC): Add Comma
[SET]
name: Offensive Revival Blessing
move 1: Double Shock
move 2: Close Combat

[SET COMMENTS]

* Pawmot has strong high offensive stats and the revolutionary power to revive a teammate, giving Pawmot it unique utility in an offensive Pokemon.

* Double Shock and Close Combat are the most powerful attacks that Pawmot can learn, but be weary that Double Shock can only be used once under normal circumstances. Once you Tera-Type Electric you its most powerful attacks, but note that it can only use Double Shock once without Terastallizing. Once Terastallized, Pawmot can use Double Shock continuously for big damage, even on opponents foes that resist it.

* Mach Punch allows Pawmot to revenge kill more easily, better, hitting Meowscarada, Choice Scarf Hydreigon, and Tera Steel Dragapult super effectively.

* Ice Punch gives Pawmot coverage against Ground-types, most notably against Clodsire and Garchomp, (bc it's also a ground type) in addition to hitting Garchomp and Dragapult for lots of damage.

* Nuzzle is there to inflict Paralysis to any non-grounds in the format, and is paralyzes foes, and it's notably one of the few ways to inflict paralysis on Gholdengo. This move fits is best when used with a Focus Sash, as you can Paralyze the opponent's Pokemon Pawmot can paralyze the foe and outspeed it the next turn, getting another move off before it faints. (optional: "...move off—often Revival Blessing—before it...")

Abilities
========

*Iron * Iron Fist boosts the power of Mach Punch and Ice Punch, giving you Pawmot more powerful priority or more powerful and coverage.

*Volt Absorb will give you an immunity to Electric Moves, which * Volt Absorb's Electric immunity stops Magnezone, Rotom-W, and Rotom-H from using Volt Switch to get create safe switch-ins.

*Natural * Natural Cure allows Pawmot to take status moves more freely, such as Yawn from Dondozo or Will o' Wisp Will-O-Wisp from Skeledirge.

Items
========

**Life Orb**: This makes your moves stronger, enabling Life Orb enables easier revenge kills at the cost of recoil.

**Magnet**: Magnet will power up Double Shock without the recoil from Life Orb, and it also frees up Life Orb for a Teammate teammate to use instead.

**Focus Sash**: Focus Sash trades the damage boost from the other items for better opportunities to use Revival Blessing and Nuzzle.

Tera Types
=========

**Electric**: An Electric-Type Tera is used as it allows you Electric Tera type allows Pawmot to continuously use Double Shock, making Pawmot it an effective late-game (added hyphen) cleaner.

[CREDITS]

- Written by: [[Blackbeltsam, 11020]]
- Quality Check checked by: [[Theorymon, 29010]]
- Grammar checked by: [[Adeleine, 517429]]
Adeleine-1.gif

GP Team done

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)