OverUsed RMT (I'm rusty o__O)

So, I haven't played Shoddy Battle in a while but I was bored one day and decided to start playing again. Most of my teams have been primarily offensive but I was dissatisfied with their consistency. I'm an aggro player at heart so I don't want to go with pure stall - I want to find a balance.

Team Preview

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The Lead

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Defense / 216 Speed
~Taunt
~Stealth Rock
~Earthquake
~U-Turn

Why Gliscor?
I chose Gliscor as my lead for several reasons.
Stealth Rock is an important move, wearing down opponents and dealing hefty damage to threats such as Gyarados and Salamence on the switch.

Taunt shuts down slower opposing leads such as Swampert and Metagross and even Roserade, which cannot outspeed Gliscor and hit it with Sleep Powder without Choice Scarf. Gliscor even outspeeds lead Dragon Dance Gyarados. Taunt is great late-game, and with Gliscor's bulk, it can prevent Status and set up for a long time.
U-Turn is a fantastic move for any lead, allowing Gliscor to break Focus Sashes and switch to the appropriate counter after Stealth Rock or Taunt has been set up. Having these three moves makes Gliscor a great lead, and its weaknesses are covered by Suicune (Water/Ice) and Latias (Water) while it has resistances and immunities to Ground and Electric and its resistance to Fighting are appreciated by Lucario, Suicune, and Porygon2.

Earthquake is a basic STAB attack move; not much to say there.

The Status Absorber

Suicune @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Defense / 6 Speed
~Surf
~Calm Mind
~Rest
~Sleep Talk

Why Suicune?
Suicune covers Gliscor's weaknesses well, and not only is it tough to bring down thanks to its typing, stats, and its healing move Rest, but it can be a serious threat, too, after multiple Calm Minds. Suicune serves as a set up sweeper, Status Absorber, and general physical wall.

The Best and Cutest Pokemon Evar

Porygon2 @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 216 Defense / 40 Special Attack
~Thunderbolt
~Ice Beam
~Recover
~Toxic

Why Poygon2?
Trace allows Porygon2 to switch into Gyarados and Salamence and Intimidate them. Trace allows Porygon2 to switch into Heatran and Jolteon and, hell, even Vaporeon, and negate their STAB attacks. It's also naturally bulky, so even when it isn't stealing defensive abilities, it's hard to take down. With Recover, only a supremely powerful attack can crush Porygon 2. Toxic allows me to wear down other Pokemon while Recovering off the damage. Ice Beam and Thunderbolt are a great attack combination and allow Porygon2 to actually defeat the Pokemon it defends my team from.

The Physical Sweeper

Lucario @ Life Orb
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 6 HP
~Close Combat
~Extremespeed
~Crunch
~Swords Dance

Why Lucario?
I had to make a decision between Lucario and Scizor.
Scizor has an amazing priority attack, STAB U-turn, and Pursuit, which is occasionally amazing but often untouched.
Lucario has a decent priority attack, STAB Close Combat, and Crunch. It also has higher base speed at the cost of (In my opinion) much worse typing (Being weak to fire, fighting, and ground instead of just fire.)
In the end, I decided to go with Lucario because I wanted a strong, reliable STAB Fighting move to take care of Tyranitar. Also, I didn't want too many Choicers, and Lucario is my preferred Swords Dancer.

The Special Sweeper

Latias @ Life Orb
Nature: Modest
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed / 6 HP
~Draco Meteor
~Surf
~Grass Knot
~Recover

Why Latias
Latias has good synergy with 5/6 of my team, being able to resist weaknesses all over the board. Rotom and Latias share weaknesses, unfortunately, but with Lucario on board carrying Close Combat and Rotom being Scarfed and able to outspeed other Ghosts, I don't feel too uncomfortable with that. I chose a Modest nature over Timid because I've always felt unsatisfied with Latias's damage output (Even with Life Orb) and because honestly, the situations where I'll need Timid are few and far between (And I've never had the luck to win speed ties anyway.) Overall I felt the extra power would be more beneficial than the extra speed. I chose GK over TBolt because I have enough Electricity already and wanted to be able to deal with unsuspecting Ice packing Swamperts.

The Revenge Killer

Rotom-H @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Timid
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed
~Thunderbolt
~Shadow Ball
~Overheat
~Trick

Why Rotom-H?
Rotom H has key immunities to Fighting and Ground as well as Normal, making it an excellent switch in. Overheat gives me a check to Scizor, while Thunderbolt and Shadow Ball are solid STAB moves. Trick is fantastic for crippling Pokemon such as Blissey, severely limiting their versatility and utility roles while scoring some Leftovers for my Rotom.
Rotom's primary role is as a revenge killer but with Trick to steal Leftovers and it's typing and ability, it can function defensively as well.

So here's the team. I'm pretty rusty and I've never been a very good team builder so I could use some advice! I am not particularly set on any one Pokemon other than Porygon2. I really, really like Porygon2. But all suggestions are warmly welcomed! Thanks :)

Suicune really likes t-spikes so you might wanna go roserade > gliscor as you have scarfrotom checking SDlucario anyways. Only thing you then might have to worry about is DDtyranitar which is moderately uncommon but either way you could possibly handle it with lucario/cune or possibly add in something like physical based mixape to check it.

Roserade would be

Roserade | Focus sash
Timid | Natural cure
252 Sp atk / 252 spe / 4 hp
Sleep powder / Toxic spikes / Leaf storm / HP ground

hp ground lets you beat heatranleads who are rising in popularity and not have to lose the speed tie against other roserade meaning you can possibly win and sleep powder them first+proceed to set up toxic spikes. Leaf storm hits stuff hard; gyarados/cune in specific. timid 252 spe so you dont get beat by other roserade mainly.

GK/Surf is kinda redundant only being there for heatran as draco meteor would hit stuff like infernape hard enough, but your team is slightly heatran weak so you should probably keep surf even though i would suggest putting hp fire over something so you dont get raped when being trapped by scizor. Lucario likes t-wave support so possibly put t-wave over something on pory.

Thats about all i have to say at the moment.

I would just like to say one thing. You can turn Latias into Calm Mind Latias for another chance to sweep. That way instead of Draco Meteoring and switching you can attempt to sweep as your team is pretty bulky in general

Thanks Oh Baby, but to be honest I've never liked Roserade leads. No luck at ALL with Sleep Powder. I'll test it out though if Heatran proves to be a problem.

Lazy, that may be a good idea. I'll try and drop Draco Meteor, Recover and Life Orb for Dragon Pulse, Calm Mind and Leftovers.

Hi. Nice team.

Definately keep Gliscor as a lead. Your team is offensive so there is no need for Toxic Spikes. Besides the only pokemon that will benefit from them is Suicune. Your Sweepers (Lucario and Latias) enjoy very much Stealth Rock support. SR also helps Pory2 to check DDmence, who is a major threat to this team once it sets up.

On Gliscor, a more offensive EV spread is:
196 HP/ 96 Atk / 216 Spe jolly

The attack EVs let you always 2HKO Metagross leads. You still outspeed Jolly Lucario though. Roost is also an alternative if you want to save Gliscor for later use.

On Latias, I believe that a Calm Mind sweeper set would be better, as it has perfect synergy with Lucario and gives another chance to sweep as Lazy said. Don't remove Recover though. Remove Grass Knot instead, because surf does the same job (except it hits harder Tyranitar).

Hope this helps. Good luck!

The SPrinkLer

Banned deucer.
Well, a MixMence doesn't get stopped by Porygon-2. MixMence seriously rapes your team. I'd go with Timid on Latias to revenge kill it, and HP Fire over Surf. This allows it to lure in Scizor, and hit it hard. If you predict wrong and Draco Meteor, you can at least still hurt it very badly. I hope this helped, and good luck with the team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)