Overkill RMT (OU)

Introduction
Hey everybody. This team, as you will see, is pretty different then my other teams other then two pokemon. This is the team I am currently using on Shoddy Battle. I will start to train this team once I get Platnium. I currently do not own Diamond or Pearl because my dumb brother broke it =) You will see some orignal, unorignal and just plain awesome mvoesets, evs, nautres and nicknames haha. My name on Shoddy is Rezon also. You will see how they will be used and all that.

Bold=Changes

At a Glance

The Lead

Yanmega (SpeedDemon) w/ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
Nature: Modest
Evs: 252 Sp.Atk/ 252 Spe/ 6 HP
Moveset:
Air Slash
Bug Buzz
Hypnosis
Shadow Ball

Yanmega I think, is one of the greatest leads out there now. Focus Sash is there as a just in case reason. I choce Modest because of Speed Boost. 252 Sp.Atk is obviously there to do some good damage on enemy pokemon. Speed evs are to make him go even faster and HP is there jsut as an extra HP. Air Slash is there for STAB and for the chance of an enemy flinching. Bug Buzz is also for STAB and to lower the Sp. Defense of an enemy pokemon. Hypnosis is so I can get a lead asleep hopefully before they pull of a Stealth Rock, Sub, or a devastating blow. Now, I have been having some trouble with Hypnosis accuracy, so if you can, please help with that problem. Hypnosis is also my main reason for having Focus Sash. If it misses, I will automaticly have 1 HP left, thus, another chance for Hypnosis. The one flaw to this is Hail/ Sandstorm teams. Shadow Ball is for ghost, psychic and jsut for plain coverage. I took this over Protect because I don't neccesarily feel I need it more then I need another attacking move. Also Yanmega serves as a fine sweeper in some uncommon circumstances.

Feared Dragon

Kingdra (UbaDragon) w/ Leftovers
Ability: Sniper
Nature: Adamant
Evs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 98 Spe
Moveset:
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Waterfall
Substitute

Pretty much a basic Kingdra. Leftovers is to heal Substitute damage and just any damage it takes throughout the match. Sniper to make Crits uba powerful. Adamant to boost it's attack. Dragon Dance is there for obvious reasons. Outrage is for STAB and to brutaly murder other dragons (notice how I didnt say faint). Waterfall is there for STAB also. I mainly use waterfall but if needed I will use Outrage mainly as a finisher. Substitute is so I won't take Will-O-Wisp, T-Wave etc... and so it takes the damage for me. I will normally use Sub on a switch. Kingdra is usually use early in the game, thus sweeping 1-3 pokemon usually. This makes way for Tyranitar (who you will see in a bit) to finish the rest of them off. But, this all depends on whos out.

Devastator

Tyranitar (Devastator) w/ Babiri Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
Nature: Adamant
Evs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 6 HP
Moveset:
Dragon Dance
Fire Punch
Crunch
Stone Edge

The Devastator. This is my late game sweeper. I will usually send him out once Yanmega is gone or it's Focus Sash isn't usable anymore. Babiri Berry helps out against scizor. It can take the Bullet Punch then counter it with the murdering blow of Fire Punch. Dragon Dance there to raise it's speed and attack. Crunch is for stab and for pokemon like Cresselia and Dusknoir. Stone Edge is also for stab and can take down Flying types like Mence, Dragonite, Aerodactyl, Charizard, Togekiss etc... yeah, this pokemon pretty much wipes out a good chunk of the opponets team, if not, the rest of the remaining pokemon.

The Deadly Ghost

Gengar (Boo) w/ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Evs: 252 SpA/ 252 Spe/ 6 HP
Moveset:
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power [Ice]
Focus Blast

My revenge killer. Shadow ball is for STAB and to kill other ghosts and psychics. Thunderbolt is for Gyarados mainly. HP Ice is for the annoying Dragons and Focus Blast is for Dark and Normal types. Not much to say here. The standard Scarfed Gengar.

Electric Dude!

Magnezone (Sparky) w/ Life Orb
Ability: Magnet Pull
Evs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Moveset:
Magnet Rise
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power [Grass]
Flash Cannon

When I was making this team I realized I needed a good Dragon Counter. Magnezone was the first one to come to minf.Pretty simple here. Life Orb for some extra damage. 216 Speed allows me to outrun Scizor before it can Brick Break/Super Power me.It also allows me to outrun Bulky Swampert, Mamoswine, Hippowdon and the occasional Tyranitar so that I can use Magnet Rise before they can Earthquake me to death..Then I just threw the rest into HP for some extra damage reduction Thunderbolt for STAB. Flash Cannon for STAB and to take down Ice and Rock types. Hp Grass is for Swampert, which my team needs in order to effeciantly take it down.

Defensive Tank

Donphan (Buddy) w/ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Impish
Evs: 252 Def/ 252 HP/ 6 Atk
Moveset:
Stealth Rock
Earthquake
Ice Shard
Rapid Spinner

Ok, so for this team I realized I was a little stealth rock weak and I needed a Rapid Spinner. Well, Donphan was the first to come to mind. Mainly because he can take a good hit, learns Rapid Spin, and can Stealth Rock before it goes Bye-Bye. Impish is to raise it's Defense. 252 Def and HP evs so it can take as big a hit as possible. Earthquake is for STAB. Rapid Spin to get rid of Stealth Rock, Spikes and Toxic Spikes. Ice Shard is to make up for his terrible Speed and to take down weakened Dragons.

Ok, so this is my team. Made it myself. My old teams were missing something big. That's why I made this new team. This team has one me tons of battles on Shoddy and i'm sure it'll win me tons of battles on Platnium once it comes out. Now, I know this team has it's flaws. I was thinking of adding a good Sp.Def pokemon like Snorlax or Umbreon or something like that. Help out and Rate. Thanks​

Personally I don't like Hypnosis on Yanmega as Hypnosis has trashy accuracy. Shadow Ball is decent, but not great. I personally prefer Protect and HP Ground over those. HP Ground lets you OHKO Heatran, a fairly common Yanmega switch in (OLOL i resist bug buzz!1) and Protect allows you to scout/outspeed random stuff.

Kingdra looks pretty good, although I think it could use a different spread with more speed (98 EVs doesn't even outspeed Jolly Tyranitar). I would suggest at a bare minimum 112 Speed for that reason. 232 Speed outspeeds base 130s (Jolteon is the only semi-important thing, I think).

Tyranitar looks fine. Give Jolly a try, but otherwise, fine. Gengar is fine. Magnezone looks pretty good.

I'm not a huge fan of spinning with Donphan. Try out Forretress:

Forretress @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Atk / 144 Def
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes / Stealth Rock / Toxic Spikes
- Gyro Ball
- Explosion / Earthquake

This takes Outrages so well it's unbelievable. Gyro Ball hits pretty hard on Mence if you come in on Outrage. Your choice of entry hazard. Explosion to take out something, Earthquake to hit certain things. It's also immune to Toxic Spikes, which is necessary.

Starmie is another option for a spinner which is more offensive and can revenge Infernape (which will cause massive problems for you if Kingdra goes down).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)