SS OU Outspeed Things (Sticky Web/Psychic Terrain Offense)

The goal of this team is to OUTSPEED THINGS with Sticky Web and then prevent priority revenge killing with Psychic Terrain. Here is the team:
Indeedee (M) @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Expanding Force
- Psyshock
- Hyper Voice
- Mystical Fire
this is the second most important member of the team. Indeedee prevents revenge killing on our potential speedy sweepers Alakazam and Hawlucha, and prevents Dragapult from being susceptible to Sucker Punch. with the addition of expanding force, Indeedee is even stronger than it used to be. 95 speed certainly isn't bad, either, so it usually has a chance to attack before going down (which it will). I've been using it to switch in and sacrifice a lot of the time. It still gets terrain up, regardless.

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
Timid Nature
- Expanding Force
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot
sweeper number two, with Hawlucha coming in first. At +3 it's going to take down the entire meta, and it usually "outspeeds things" enough to where it can get a NP on the switch, get another one in, and then with psychic terrain up, it's going to wreck. Has a huge weakness to the new multi-hit flying type move, I'm discovering.

Dragapult @ Expert Belt
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
standard dragapult set, not much to explain here. cripples with wisp, does a lot of damage after with hex, then standard fire/electric coverage to hit the pesky ferros and pexes. expert belt because its coverage is quite wide

Excadrill @ Expert Belt
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- X-Scissor
another expert belt user, this time it's used to bluff sr and set up a sd. then it can surprise rillaboom with an x-scizzor. I hate rillaboom, always resetting my terrain. priority number one is taking that one down.

Ribombee @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sweet Veil
Modest Nature
- Sticky Web
- Quiver Dance
- Bug Buzz
- Moonblast
this is the lead, I click Sticky Web 90% of the time, but sometimes, it's better to set up turn 1. if they have a volcarona as a lead, I have to go into emergency mode and sacrifice indeedee to hawlucha and hope I don't get burned on the flame body.

Hawlucha @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Unburden
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Brave Bird
- Swords Dance
- Thunder Punch
standard hawlucha, though psychic seed over electric seed. great coverage, though I need to watch out for getting burned. there was also that one time where scizor was carrying dual wingbeat that I got screwed by. gotta watch out for random coverage moves like that when setting up

Outspeed Things V.2, not-so-fast edition:
Indeedee (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
Modest Nature
- Expanding Force
- Hyper Voice
- Mystical Fire
- Dazzling Gleam
The core member of the team. Prevents revenge killing via priority and sets up terrain for a Hawlucha sweep. Clicks Expanded Force 99.99% of the time.

Hawlucha @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Brave Bird
- Acrobatics
- Swords Dance
The sweeper role. Can usually get off a SD and proceed to OHKO everything. Struggles with sash (will get to that bit later). Edit: Brave Bird is for when PS isn't activated.

Alakazam @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
Modest Nature
- Expanding Force
- Dazzling Gleam
- Focus Blast
- Nasty Plot
The special wallbreaker. Has excellent usage in PT thanks to STAB Expanding Force with a whopping 135 SpA. Coverage is surprisingly good (except of course Focus Miss). Nasty Plot enables it to set up when it can't break initially.

Hatterene (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
- Expanding Force
- Dazzling Gleam
- Mystical Fire
- Giga Drain
The trick room breaker. Functions quite like Zam except relies on raw CS power. If they're unfortunate enough to set up Trick Room, its primary abusers better watch out.

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability: Compound Eyes
Modest Nature
- Charge Beam
- Thunder
- Sticky Web
- Thunder Wave
This is the part of the game I struggle with the most - what hazard setter to use first. I really like Sticky Web, it gives speed control (although CB Dragapult is a major issue). I usually lead with Galvantula, but as evidenced in my last replay, he took advantage of it with Excadrill, and even after getting outsped by PS Hawlucha, had a sash, so I couldn't sweep. This makes me think I should use the next Pokemon, first.

Rhyperior @ Liechi Berry
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Polish
Everybody knows you're gonna be carrying EdgeQuake and setting up SR, but I love it. You can get the surprise Rock Polish off and take out a few mons. I'm just hesistant to lead with this. It's so predictable. I'd say my leads are expected to be Galvantula 80%, Rhyperior 10%, and Indeedee-M 10% of the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)