Tournament OUPL VII - Manager Signups

Status
Not open for further replies.

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD

Everyone's favorite or least favorite premier league is returning for its first edition in generation 9. If you would like to manage, please read the following details before signing up. This tournament will be rewarding a custom avatar for the winning team. If you have any questions or feedback, feel free to PM me or another OU Moderator.

Details:
  • Every manager needs an assistant manager.
  • Managers and assistant managers will not have the option to self-purchase.
  • Managers and assistant managers are required to be in the public OU Discord. Players are recommended to join and we will have team roles and match roles available.
  • Each team will need 10 starting players, and at least 4 substitutes.
  • The auction will be held on PS!, standard auction
  • SPL/SCL Inactivity rules
  • 8 teams and 7 weeks followed by the top 4 teams competing in semifinals and finals
The format for this edition of OUPL will be 10 slots:
  • SV OU x 4, or SV OU x 3 + 1 SV OU (Managers Only)
  • SS OU x 2
  • SM OU x 2
  • Best of 3 (SV OU/ SS OU/SM OU)
  • SV OU [Suspect Slot]
Each week, we will have a different Pokemon from Ubers unbanned for that round. We have a proposed schedule below, but are open to feedback:

Week 1 + Week 2 = Darkrai :darkrai:
Week 3 + Week 4 = Urshifu-Single-Strike :urshifu:
Week 5 + 6 = Annihilape :annihilape:
Week 7 + Tiebreaks = Giratina-Origin :giratina-origin:
Semifinals + Finals = Volcarona :volcarona:

The expected timeline for this tournament will be:
  • Manager signups: Saturday, October 28th - Friday, November 3rd (6 days)
  • Player signups: Monday, November 6th - Friday, November 17th (12 days)
  • Draft: Hopefully weekend of November 18th/19th
  • Week 1: Week of November 20th
  • Finals (assuming no tiebreaks): Week of January 8
  • SPL Week 1 is potentially January 15, which means that this tournament will hopefully end before then or around then.
If you are interested in managing and the format and timeline work for you, then feel free to sign up with the following format. We have not finalized the 4 SV OU slot part of the format, and would like everyone that signups to put their preference on having 4 regular SV OU slots, or 3 regular SV OU slots with the 4th SV OU allowing managers to play. Managers do not have to pay for themselves to play. The format is not finalized, and if player signups turn out to be very low, then we may have to look at 8 slots instead of 10 slots. We will keep an eye out and announce any format changes if necessary.

Teams that fail to submit their lineups on time will be facing Chi-Yu and Chien-Pao the following week.

Name + Assistant Manager:
Team Name:
Qualifications/Previous managing history:
Preferred format (4 SV OU, or 3 SV OU + 1 Manager SV OU):
Deadline for Manager signup will be Friday, November 3rd, at 11:59 PM GMT-4

3d

Prada shoes cuz she prada me
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
World Defender
Name + Assistant Manager: 3d + avarice
Team Name: Donquixote Flamigos
Qualifications/Previous managing history: I don't personally have any managing experience on Smogon but I've managed some discord tournaments to success. And my co manager avarice has had a plethora of managing experience on smogon ranging from multiple lower tier world cups and uu snake drafts. We have both been very active in the OU scene and will be dedicated to winning OUPL.
Preferred format: 4 SV OU

Last edited:

Fragments

Always remember
is a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
Name + Assistant Manager: Fragments + devin
Team Name: Idle Death Gambits
Qualifications/Previous managing history: I've managed RBTT (3x), UMPL (2x), 1v1pl, 2v2pl, CAPPL, BLT, EPL, and NDPL. Won RBTT4 and have only every missed playoffs twice in all the tours I've managed. Devin has managed WCOP and SSPL, and co-managed BLT with me this year where we made semis. We've both played OU in various PLs, with Devin playing in SPL and WCOP, so we have a good deal of both managing and competitive experience between us. With our deep knowledge of the community we can guarantee a strong draft with quality prep support, along with a fun, energetic team environment.
Preferred format (4 SV OU, or 3 SV OU + 1 Manager SV OU): 3 SV OU + 1 Manager SV OU

Last edited:
Name + Assistant Manager: Fragments + devin
Team Name: TBD
Qualifications/Previous managing history: I've managed RBTT (3x), UMPL (2x), 1v1pl, 2v2pl, CAPPL, BLT, EPL, and NDPL. Won RBTT4 and have only every missed playoffs twice in all the tours I've managed. Devin has managed WCOP and SSPL, and co-managed BLT with me this year where we made semis. We've both played OU in various PLs, with Devin playing in SPL and WCOP, so we have a good deal of both managing and competitive experience between us. With our deep knowledge of the community we can guarantee a strong draft with quality prep support, along with a fun, energetic team environment.
Preferred format (4 SV OU, or 3 SV OU + 1 Manager SV OU): 3 SV OU + 1 Manager SV OU
confirming

Name + Assistant Manager: Howkings + mind gaming
Team Name: Knights of the Blood Oath (Logo WIP)
Qualifications/Previous managing history: Been managing for years, both unofficials and officials (SCL, WCOP) with mostly good results in both categories. I've teamed with a lot of people and I'm sure it's known I enjoy manager role and always do my homework, both in draft phase and as a support. Mind is somehow 5-0 in SCL despite he never sets Sticky Web, can't believe he's the goat SVer but people seem to think so :O
Preferred format (4 SV OU, or 3 SV OU + 1 Manager SV OU): 4 SV OU

Last edited:

mind gaming

is a defending SCL Championis a Past SCL Champion
World Defender
Name + Assistant Manager: Howkings + mind gaming
Qualifications/Previous managing history: Been managing for years, both unofficials and officials (SCL, WCOP) with mostly good results in both categories. I've teamed with a lot of people and I'm sure it's known I enjoy manager role and always do my homework, both in draft phase and as a support. Mind is somehow 5-0 in SCL despite he never sets Sticky Web, can't believe he's the goat SVer but people seem to think so :O
confirming

TDR

glitch
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Name + Assistant Manager: TDR + skimmythegod
Team Name: Goldenrod Gholdengos
Qualifications/Previous managing history: Both of us have managed multiple tours this year the latest ones including HPL, where my team made finals and his semis, in NDPL we are currently in semis and made the finals of TPP. As a player skimmy has been a part of WCOP and won the latest edition of UPL, we also won BLT together as a team, reached finals of RCOP and made it to playoffs of multiple WC throughout the year. Both of us are well versed and pretty involved in current gen and look forward to perform well given the motivation.

Last edited:
Name + Assistant Manager: Herv + ayk
Team Name: Zero to Heroes :palafin-hero:
Both of us won World Cup 2022 with Team France, I used to manage Team France+UK in the BSS World Cup and ayk has experience from both SCL WCUP and SPL. Aside, I played in a lot of team tournaments as PTPL (6-2), Teamballo (3×), SSPL and went 5-3, VGC PL (2×), VGC Winter League, BLT, RoA and GSC PL.
Why should we get selected as managers ? I believe, as former world cup champions, we can bring a lot of knowledges about how a team works, the synergy and how to prepare matchups with rigor and optimized investment.

Last edited:
Name + Assistant Manager: velvet + autumn
Team Name: Royal Glam Ribombees:ribombee:
Qualifications/Previous managing history: Recently got back into managing with NDPL being the most recent and previous ones such as AGPL + past NDPL iterations. Played in this years World Cup for Team US West, as well as participate in recent PLs like roapl, hpl, epl, etc. Autumn being more known as site staff has had prior managing experience in the past such as UUSD and LTPL, and has played tours like UMPL and UUWC.

Last edited:

autumn

only i will remain
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
C&C Leader
Name + Assistant Manager: velvet + autumn
Qualifications/Previous managing history: Recently got back into managing with NDPL being the most recent and previous ones such as AGPL + past NDPL iterations. Played in this years World Cup for Team US West, as well as participate in recent PLs like roapl, hpl, epl, etc. Autumn being more known as site staff has had prior managing experience in the past such as UUSD and LTPL, and has played tours like UMPL and UUWC.
confirming

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
Name + Assistant Manager: Baloor + njnp
Team Name: THE RAGING LOORS :raging-bolt:
Qualifications/Previous managing history: Njnp and I are long time OU contributors, having experience in all three generations the tour has to offer. I won the last edition of SPL, have been on Team Canada the last two years and currently playing in SCL. I also managed SSPL as my first go as manager and just missed playoffs. I've been a recognizable builder since SM and am currently on the VR council. njnp has played in SPL and WCOP the last year while currently managing the foxes in SCL. njnp is also on the vr council, is a ou forum mod as well as a member of the OU council and is a driving force in helping SV develop with his builds while also helping players improve in his discord.

Last edited:

njnp

We don't play this game to lose.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Name + Assistant Manager: Baloor + njnp
Qualifications/Previous managing history: Njnp and I are long time OU contributors, having experience in all three generations the tour has to offer. I won the last edition of SPL, have been on Team Canada the last two years and currently playing in SCL. I also managed SSPL as my first go as manager and just missed playoffs. I've been a recognizable builder since SM and am currently on the VR council. njnp has played in SPL and WCOP the last year while currently managing the foxes in SCL. njnp is also on the vr council, is a ou forum mod as well as a member of the OU council and is a driving force in helping SV develop with his builds while also helping players improve in his discord.
confirming

Genesis7

is a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Name + Assistant Manager: Genesis7 + Chris Chien Pao

Team Name: Six Island Sobbles

Qualifications/Previous managing history: Won this tour in the past as a manager, as well as an official team tour as a manager, and several side PLs similar to this. Have played in many WCoPs, SPLs, etc.

Send me a message here or on discord: genesis7 if you would like to team up.

Last edited:

Exotic64

MDRRRRRRRR
is a Tiering Contributor
Name + Assistant Manager: Exotic64 and Finchinator
Team Name: Celestic Clodsires
Qualifications/Previous managing history: Finch and I are avid OU mains, I have played in many team tours such as WCOR, RCOP, the current DOUWCOP as well as many off-site team tours too, with decent success in all, and have been an extremely active teambuilder and contributor in the community, whilst helping many other teams with teambuilding and prep support in the meantime. Finch has an abudance of both managing and playing experience, achieving great success over the years in official and unofficial tours, as well as being extremely knowledgable at OU as the tier leader. We will be dedicated to winning this OUPL and will guarantee a lot of prep support and strive for a fun and engaging team environment.
Preferred format (4 SV OU, or 3 SV OU + 1 Manager SV OU): 3 SVOU + 1 Manager

Piyush25

is a defending SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Name + Assistant Manager: Piyush25 + Vkhss
I have managed team India to three consecutive playoffs spots (Finals in Roawc, Semis in Uuwc, quarters in randswc) and also the recent HPL where we won. As a player, I have played SCL, Wcop, Rbtt, lcpl, mpl, oraspl, uusd etc and won Blt, Teamballo, Roapl, Dpppl etc.
Vkhss has been an active contributor since the start of SV and is an OU staff for a while now. We both know the playerbase and believe would make a good manager pairing for this tour.

vk

formerly Vkhss
is a Tiering Contributor
OUPL Champion
Name + Assistant Manager: Piyush25 + Vkhss
I have managed team India to three consecutive playoffs spots (Finals in Roawc, Semis in Uuwc, quarters in randswc) and also the recent HPL where we won. As a player, I have played SCL, Wcop, Rbtt, lcpl, mpl, oraspl, uusd etc and won Blt, Teamballo, Roapl, Dpppl etc.
Vkhss has been an active contributor since the start of SV and is an OU staff for a while now. We both know the playerbase and believe would make a good manager pairing for this tour.

Confirming

Ina fable

Ando bien Inflamable
is a Tutoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributor
Name and assistant manager: Ina fable and Gondra
Team Name: cloudy bamboos :enamorus:

Gondra: He has extensive experience in both official and unofficial tours, he has won the SPL (XI) and the Smogon Snake Draft (IV) in the past, also unofficial tours such as the UPL which he recently won. so there is no doubt that he is an experienced team tour player with good leadership skills as well as having extensive knowledge of the player base.

Ina fable: despite being relatively new, she has done quite well in the team tours in which she has been included, she has had the opportunity to play teamtours such as the sspl, pupl, blt, among many others, she recently managed to be a finalist in the last SS OU ssnl and is hoping to play ss Ribbon this year and winning this tour could be an opportunity to be considered for bigger/official tours. : )

Last edited:

Gondra

is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
UPL Champion
Name and assistant manager: Ina fable and Gondra
Team Name: tbd(we will get logo soon too)

Gondra: He has extensive experience in both official and unofficial tours, he has won the SPL (XI) and the Smogon Snake Draft (IV) in the past, also unofficial tours such as the UPL which he recently won. so there is no doubt that he is an experienced team tour player with good leadership skills as well as having extensive knowledge of the player base.

Ina fable: despite being relatively new, she has done quite well in the team tours in which she has been included, she has had the opportunity to play teamtours such as the sspl, pupl, blt, among many others, she recently managed to be a finalist in the last SS OU ssnl and is hoping to play ss Ribbon this year and winning this tour could be an opportunity to be considered for bigger/official tours. : )

Yes, confirming

Mimikyu Stardust

Loli Kami Requiem~☆
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
Name and Assistant Manager: Mimikyu Stardust and Aqua Jet
Team Name: Teal-Komachi

OUPL-Teal-Mask.jpg

Aqua Jet has managed a lot of team tours and even won some of them, He has Managed UUFPL UUSD UUPL and BLT, won UUSD and BLT. I have managed a few discord tours like Ryuji's NCL which i won and helped ghost manage Asia in WCOP 2023. We both have a lot of experience with a lot of team tours and have done well in a lot of them. I have played in WCOP, ROAPL, RCOP, UPL, HPL, CAPPL, BDSPPL, ZUPL (not counting the ones i am currently playing) and qualified OLT first place first cycle, Aqua Jet has played LCWC UUWC UWC NUWC PUWC (twice).

I have a lot of experience in SS and SV OU as i played a lot of both since the start. I frequently top the ladder when both gens were current gen, built a lot of teams and helped other people with practice, teams and tests. I've also been an active contributor of OU for a long time, with Sample Teams, Teambuilding and VR council. Aqua Jet is mainly a BSS and UU player but he still has great knowledge of OU in all 3 generations. The main reason of why he will make a great co manager is his preps, scouts and helping with team choices often lending him praise from teammates in previous team tours like BLT.

We both have Experience and know how to lead teams well !

Preferred format (4 SV OU, or 3 SV OU + 1 Manager SV OU): 3 SV OU + 1 Manager

Last edited:

Aqua Jet

Boba Bitch
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Name and Assistant Manager: Mimikyu Stardust and Aqua Jet
Team Name: Teal-Komachi
View attachment 566839

Aqua Jet has managed a lot of team tours and even won some of them, He has Managed UUFPL UUSD UUPL and BLT, won UUSD and BLT. I have managed a few discord tours like Ryuji's NCL which i won and helped ghost manage Asia in WCOP 2023. We both have a lot of experience with a lot of team tours and have done well in a lot of them. I have played in WCOP, ROAPL, RCOP, UPL, HPL, CAPPL, BDSPPL, ZUPL (not counting the ones i am currently playing), Aqua Jet has played LCWC UUWC UWC NUWC PUWC (twice).

I have a lot of experience in SS and SV OU as i played a lot of both since the start. I frequently top the ladder when both gens were current gen, built a lot of teams and helped other people with practice, teams and tests. I've also been an active contributor of OU for a long time, with Sample Teams, Teambuilding and VR council. Aqua Jet is mainly a BSS and UU he still has great knowledge of OU in all 3 generations. The main reason of why he will make a great co manager is his preps, scouts and helping with team choices often lending him praise from teammates in previous team tours like BLT.

We both have Experience and know how to lead teams well !

Preferred format (4 SV OU, or 3 SV OU + 1 Manager SV OU): 3 SV OU + 1 Manager
sure fartdust

Genesis7

is a Past SCL Champion
RoAPL Champion
Name + Assistant Manager: Genesis7 + Chris Chien Pao

Team Name: Six Island Sobbles

Qualifications/Previous managing history: Won this tour in the past as a manager, as well as an official team tour as a manager, and several side PLs similar to this. Have played in many WCoPs, SPLs, etc.

Send me a message here or on discord: genesis7 if you would like to team up.
Updating that I have selected Chris Chien Pao as my co-manager. Chris has managed successful teams in BSSPL and BSSWCoP on Smogon. He has also managed in countless Discord/off-site tours, such as; ADPL, BTPL, and WCoPP.

Chris and I are very motivated to win this tour and are excited to draft the most solid team possible. Genesis7 + Chris for back-to-back Sobbles championships under Genesis7 management!

Name + Assistant Manager: Herv + ayk
Team Name: Zero to Heroes
Both of us won World Cup 2022 with Team France, I used to manage Team France+UK in the BSS World Cup and ayk has experience from both SCL WCUP and SPL. Aside, I played in a lot of team tournaments as PTPL (6-2), Teamballo (3×), SSPL and went 5-3, VGC PL (2×), VGC Winter League, BLT, RoA and GSC PL,
confirming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)