OU

Well, it's been a while since I posted anything here (like a year) and I decided to get back into battling competitively.

So to start things off, I decided to make a simple OU team. I did some testing and it seems to be doing great. It is just a bunch of standard stuff though, so if you are looking for orignality from me (which is what i've done a lot of in the past), you will be disappointed. So any tweaks you guys can find would be helpful. I'm trying to make this my wifi team but I have pretty much given up with that since shoddy is loads faster.

OU team:

Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed
242/216/52 (HP/DEF/SPA)
Earthquake
Ice Beam
Surf
Stealth Rock

I decided to go do something different than what I've usually done. That is go for a slow lead, like Swampert, instead of something fast. There has not been a lead that he hasn't had a problem with. That could be due to lack of use for this team right now but he's still done what he has to do. He either sets up SR on the first turn or he straight up tries to defeat opposing leads. Does his job, leaves if he has to, but before he goes down he definitely puts a dent into opposing teams.

Infernape @ Life Orb
Naive
252/194/64 (SPA/SPE/HP)
Nasty Plot
Fire Blast
Earthquake
Grass Knot

Standard Mixape. Honostly, I have always wanted to use Infernape on a team. I could never get him on one and now I finally have. He wrecks almost any attempt to wall my team. He can NP on a switch to boost his power to even greater heights. Close Combat deals a lot of damage to anything that does not resist it and Grass Knot hurts all those bulky waters (besides Vaporeon) trying to stall my team out. This is the first time I have used him well.

Staraptor @ Choice Scarf
Adamant
252/196/62 (ATK/SPE/HP)
Brave Bird
Return
Close Combat
U-Turn

Scarfraptor. Absolute beast. He outspeeds almost everything and hits anything very hard. He is my star on my ingame team (well, the only one who is trained) and even though that one is not perfect, he still hits everything hard. Staraptor is probably my favorite 4th Gen Poke and I wanted him to shine on this team. So far, he's done his job quite well.

Mamoswine @ Choice Band
Adamant
252/252/6 (ATK/SPE/DEF)
Earthquake
Ice Shard
Stone Edge
Ice Fang

Originally, i had Dusknoir here as a Spin Blocker. Let's just say that plan failed. Not many teams are carrying a spinner as much as they used to so his role has depleted a little bit. The coverage he had was great and i was trying to find someone with similar coverage. I saw Mamoswine and decided to give him a shot. So far, it's worked great. His massive attack puts and great STABs are a huge plus for this team. He's a great revenge killer cause of Ice Shard as he can finish off weakened foes no problem. I did not think that he would do this well on this team.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Relaxed
252/146/112 (HP/DEF/ATK) (0 Speed IV)
Toxic Spikes
Gyro Ball
Rapid Spin
Explosion

I needed a spinner and Forretress' typing is amazing for this team. I already have two Pokes that resist fire so having one with a 4x weakness didn't bother me too much. His main purpose, of course, is to spin away SR, spikes, and Leech Seed. If I am having trouble with a non-steel/rock type wall, he can explode and hopefully kill the opponent off. Gyro ball is there as a damaging move outside of blowing up. He may not be that important but he works great for my team. The 0 IV in speed is to make Gyro Ball as strong as possible.

Jolteon @ Choice Specs
Timid
252/252/6 (SPA/SPE/DEF)
Thunderbolt
HP Grass
Shadow Ball
Baton Pass

I chose Jolteon basically as a filler. I did not think he would do so well and I didn't care if i replaced him or not. Well, he's proved to be a quality early game sweeper. I am not sure if he can baton pass his special stat boost from the Choice Specs, if someone could clarify that, it would be great. Anyhow, he's fast and he hits hard. You can't ask for anything more out of this guy.

3. Have some actual words in your post beyond your six Pokemon and their moves. Not following this makes your post quite boring to read and rate. All Pokemon should have a good reason for being in your team anyway, so why not post that reason? If you are having trouble with this one, start by giving an explanation for each team member. Why are they there? What role do they serve? How do you get them in? Then, give an explanation of how you would open with the team and how you would go about using it. All of these things help people rate your team and allow us to offer more helpful advice.

joshe

the best
ok. atleast be nice about it. since he didn't tell you, you need to write more in your descriptions. what they do, why you chose them, how they help the team, what you don't like about them, what you wish they were doing instead of what they do now. Stuff like that. be as descriptive as possible, we will greatly appreciate it.

Also try to hurry. this might get locked because you broke rule #3 from the rmts rules sticky. Read there if you still can't understand what you did wrong.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)