Project OU Teambuilding Competition V8 (Round 24: Building: Post #721 Page 29: Mega Latias + Togekiss)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Ok so team 1 by jacob has won Round 9 for the Life Orb Scolipede + Keldeo core. I'll be putting the team in hall of fame shortly after I make this post.

With Halloween here I'd figure I would make the round based on that a bit. I also figure that since I'm such a nice guy I'd give you a nice crappy mon to build off of, yay

Unfortunately for Clone it's not Gengar it's......

Round 10 Concept: Gourgeist

As far as the size of Gourgiest goes you're free to choose whichever suits your build best. Enjoy.

Something about Gourgeist just screams Trick Room, so I decided to build around that premise. On the notion of Trick Room, the common setters usually comes down to Cresselia, Diancie and Porygon2. However, using all 3 of them + Gourgeist obviously means I will be left with only 2 good abusers of TR, which is rather undesirable. Having experimented with all 3, Porygon2 is just too weak to Taunt, and also has no way of sacking itself into the sweepers, and just kills momentum too much to be useful.

Diancie obviously gets a slot as it is one of the very few users of TR that isn't weak to Knock Off, and can sack itself with Explosion for the rest of the team to come in. On top of that, Diancie offers immense role compression, being able to put up hazards, as well as checking many Fire and Flying types in the tier. Diamond Storm is chosen over Moonblast precisely for that purpose. Cresselia is meant to stick around a little longer, in fact usually being the last user of TR alive. Moonlight is especially needed considering Diancie usually will boom early and it is essential to have at least 1 TR user alive. Ice Beam is more useful than Moonblast or Psychic because Garchomp and Landorus-T simply love to come in on Cresselia, and Ice Beam is the only one that can 2HKO them consistently. Gourgeist (For some reason I thought L was the largest size and used that for my playtestings) is useful as a worse Cofra a decent spinblocker sans Excadrill + Keldeo check. The biggest problem with Gourgeist is that it lacks any decent physical STAB, which would result in momentum lost. Destiny Bond ensures that any momentum lost from Gourgeist does not stockpile into pressure for the rest of the team. Orca Berry allows it to take down an unsuspecting HP Fire Serperior or Heatran, who always like to come in on Gourgeist for free momentum.

Crawdaunt is by far one of the best physical attackers under TR and would often down half a team by itself. Adaptability Knock Off is brutal enough that even resists like Keldeo take more than half from it. Talonflame simply dies outright to Aqua Jet before it has a chance to BB. Adamant with 21 Spe IV is chosen over 0 IV Brave as it allows Crawdaunt to outpace Chansey, considering there is no point putting up TR against stall teams. Heracross is chosen over Camerupt and Abomasnow for its ability to beat Bisharp, which can be especially troublesome to set up TR against. Heracross destroys bulky Grass/Water types which can give Crawdaunt trouble. Mega Venusaur and Slowbro are both 2HKOed by Pin Missile; Ferrothorn loses to Close Combat; practically every other Water type is cleanly OHKOed by Bullet Seed. Sylveon provides complementary coverage with the 2 powerful physical wallbreakers, by destroying stuff on the special side, and has really good synergy with Crawdaunt, with Hyper Voice eliminating anything that resists Knock Off. On top of that, Sylveon also takes care of Conkeldurr who naturally underspeeds Crawdaunt, and Garchomp who causes lots of chip damage on Crawdaunt.
Gourgeist-Super @ Occa Berry
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Will-O-Wisp
- Seed Bomb
- Destiny Bond

Cresselia @ Mental Herb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Def / 224 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Ice Beam
- Moonlight
- Lunar Dance

Diancie @ Mental Herb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Diamond Storm
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Def
Adamant Nature
IVs: 21 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Heracross-Mega @ Heracronite
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Pin Missile
- Close Combat
- Rock Blast
- Bullet Seed

Sylveon @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 0 Spe
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power Fire
- Baton Pass

Last edited:

HO dark spam trick room anyone?
Gourgeist-Super @ Focus Sash
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Speed
- Trick Room
- Explosion
- Seed Bomb
- Shadow Sneak

Honchkrow @ Life Orb
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Speed
- Brave Bird
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 21 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Victini @ Life Orb
Ability: Victory Star
Brave Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn
- Trick Room

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Dark Pulse
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Gunk Shot

Steelix-Mega @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Atk / 76 SpD
Brave Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
This is a kinda gimmicky but extremely fun offensive trick room / dark spam team.

I've never used Gourgeist before and I was quite uninspired by the sets on the analysis page, so I was thinking, how else can I use this thing? Well, with decent bulk and attack and horrible speed, Gourgeist is a pretty cool trick room setter. Seed bomb takes out bulky waters which can threaten the team, shadow sneak out-prioritises annoying mons such as Talonflame, and in a bad matchup or if you just don't need him any more, explosion allows you to capitalise on trick room turns to quickly gain momentum and safely bring in sweeper/breaker of your choice.

Crawdaunt and Victini complete a neat trick room FWG wallbreaking core. Victini brings another trick room setter, fusion bolt again for the bulky waters which can be troublesome, u-turn to gain momentum after setting up TR. V-create speed boosts can quickly spiral out of control under TR making him a great cleaner. Crawdaunt can punch holes with adaptability-boosted STABs, aqua jet for outspeeding opposing priority or for when TR runs out, and swords dance makes him a powerful wincon. Edit: Crawdaunt IV spread shamelessly stolen from escarlata to outspeed Chansey outside of TR.

Next, dark spam. It's Halloween, why not! Along with Crawdaunt these three smash through each others' checks and counters. Hoopa is an unreliable TR setter but I feel like I don't really need any further coverage and it can come in handy occasionally. Not much can withstand fully invested dark pulses coming from this thing, plus HP Ice for Lando, Chomp, Gliscor and gunk shot for fairies. Honchkrow brings further priority which is always useful, and between sucker punch and pursuit has no problems getting that first moxie boost to get the ball rolling. Even out of trick room this thing makes for a surprisingly effective and unprepared-for cleaner with sucker punch, trick room is just the icing on the cake.

Mega Steelix provides rocks, general tankiness, bug and fairy switch-ins, and under TR is another scarily powerful breaker/sweeper to apply offensive pressure. Stone edge for flying types such as CharY & Talonflame, EQ for electrics, Heavy Slam to destroy fairies amongst other things. Thanks to his incredible defence, can still pull weight outside of TR as he can tank most hits and retaliate.

The team is based on applying immediate offensive pressure to capitalise on TR turns and as such should be played in an aggressive HO sack-happy style. Although the team is completely based around trick room many of the members can still pull their weight outside of it thanks to priority or defences. The spreads probably want tweaking and I'll try to get some decent replays later especially as I'm using some low-tier mons.

Last edited:

Dread Arceus

total cockhead
replays!
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-288157319

/

Team Name: These Are All Gonna Look The Same Because Gourgeist Is Super Fuckin Niche aka Bulshit Low-Ladder TR

Gourgeist-Super @ Focus Sash
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- Explosion
- Seed Bomb
- Shadow Sneak

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Trick Room
- Magic Coat
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Diancie @ Babiri Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpA
Brave Nature
- Trick Room
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Explosion

Machamp @ Life Orb
Ability: No Guard
Brave Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Ampharos-Mega @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Confuse Ray / Hidden Power [Ice]
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

Delibird @ Choice Band
Ability: Hustle
Brave Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Brick Break
- Ice Punch
- Ice Shard

^alternately if you wanted to use this legitimately for some reason...

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Freeze-Dry
- Ice Shard

Upon realizing that every single team was gonna be Gourgeist + Porygon2/Diancie + Cress + Daunt/Hoopa-U + Tflame Counter/TR Sweeper + Random RU/NU TR Sweeper, I decided to say fuck it and make some really heinous dumb TR. The first three mons are standard TR setters. Then I added Machamp to avoid getting destroyed by Bisharp + skilled confusion hax. I needed a way to stop Tflame, so I added Mega Ampharos for yet more swagplay-era throwbacks and a neato TR sweeper. Finally, I added Delibird because of how big a meta threat it is...or Mamoswine if you're in that "Delibird is unviable wtf" boat.

In conclusion, please don't vote for this team, just take it on low ladder and enjoy fucking with people :D

Last edited:
Since the theme is Halloween, I made sure that my squad was extremely terrifying to look at just from team matchup c:

Gourgeist-Small @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 Spe
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Synthesis
- Leech Seed
- Shadow Sneak

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 208 SpD / 48 Spe
Calm Nature
- Taunt
- Earth Power
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Roost
- Spikes
- Iron Head
- Whirlwind

Gothitelle @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 128 HP / 164 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Rest
- Psychic
- Calm Mind

Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Rest
- Curse
- Waterfall
- Sleep Talk

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Rapid Spin
- Thunder Wave

When I saw Gourgeist, I knew right away that everyone would go for a trick room team, so I wanted to add a little bit of spice and choose a bulky leech seed Gourgeist, and not any, but the small version.

The set was just max hp, speed to outspeed excadrill, and rest put in Def with an Impish Nature. Can survive 2 LO Iron Heads from Excadrills and synthesises up. I chose Small version because my team is very bulky and having a speedy defensive thindy would be nice, especially because it outspeeds Bisharp and Excadrill.
Heatran w/ E-power was added because the match up was looking dismal vs. fire types, especially heatran and talonflame.
SpD Skarmory was nice because it handled most fairies and Lati@s. Spikes were added because with a nice spinblocker, I felt hazard stacking would be very nice.
My team was looking pretty weak to stall and really bulky balanced, so I added this amazing of a mon, Gothitelle. The HP EVs allow me to live 3 EQs from Quagsire including Leftovers
Like I said, I wanted to add a little bit of spice, and with Gothitelle, I felt confident about this: Curse RestTalk Mega Swampert w/ Waterfall, I know, sounds weird and situational, but its bulky is actually out of this world, and after curse nothing can knock it out at all. I was gonna choose EQ > Waterfall and Ice Punch > Sleep Talk but I decided that I'd use this since it's more consistent
Finally, I needed a spinner so I just added Starmie, I didn't make it super bulky because I felt that my team was really slow so a little bit of speed would be appreciated. It was also a nice keldeo check.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-288204255 - matchup was horrible with Heatran+Ferro+Rotom-W and even Lopunny, managed to win
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-288203880 - 6-0'ing stall ALL DAY

Mega Gyarados return ! Dark Spam inc.

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Crunch
- Earthquake

Bisharp @ Assault Vest
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 192 HP / 220 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Pursuit

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Iron Head
- Whirlwind
- Roost

Gourgeist-Super @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 SpD
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis
- Seed Bomb

Description

I wanted to build around an entry hazard based team with the help of Gourgeist as spin blocker,i wanted to use the core Hippowdon/Skarmory to have my hazards,Bisharp was a good idea to punish defogger.I wanted to have check to Heatran/Talonflame so i used Rotom-W which can support team effectively with volt switch and which can check some threats,i had a free mega slot and i wanted another Heatran check,than the idea of the 'dark spam' came in my mind and than i decided to use M-Gyarados.

temp

legacy
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Name: 2spoopy4u

Gengar @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Icy Wind

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 132 HP / 252 Atk / 124 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Poison Jab
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off

EVs: 132 HP / 124 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Synthesis
- Seed Bomb

Delphox @ Leftovers
Ability: Magician
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Fire Blast
- Psyshock

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Golbat @ Eviolite
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 232 Def / 28 Spe
Impish Nature
- Super Fang / Brave Bird
- Roost
- U-turn
- Defog

Gengar is Gengar really. It's the Shadow Pokémon, and I find it just fits this theme pretty well. Many Ghost- types were in my mind at the time, like Cofagrigus, but I felt this would probably be the best option.

Conkeldurr resembles a Clown, and actually has solid synergy with Gengar. It can take on most dark types with ease. For this mon, I have the lure set. Pretty cool for beating Clefable.

Gourgeist resembles a Jack-O-Lantern. Despite it stacking common weaknesses with Gengar, it actually beats a few of the premier threats to my team. It can 1v1 most physical threats like Scizor, Garchomp, Landorus-Therian, etc. That's it main niche on this team; handling physical attackers. It also fits the theme of this competition!

Delphox resembles a witch. I felt it worked nice as a set up sweeper for this team. I feel that Delphox is actually a cool mon, and wanted it to fit on any one of my OU teams. On this team, it seems to fit well. It targets most fighting types, and actually does a ton of work behind a sub and/or with a Calm Mind up.

Zoroark is one of my favorite Pokémon in the series. Now, I don't know how it fits here other than it fits in the trick part of Trick-Or-Treat, since it uses the Illusion ability, tricking opponents. Now my team lacked a choiced mon so far, so I slapped a scarf on this thing.

I felt Tyranitar fit much better than Zoroark for reasons that aren't just fitting with the Halloween theme. It checks Lati@s for my team, as well as Talonflame. Looking at it again, my team struggles against Talonflame! However Tyranitar can ease that struggle.

Golbat... Now, why Golbat over something like Crobat? It is the evolved form of Golbat, no? Well, my friend, Digital Edge, discovered something rather interesting about Golbat. It can check Mega Lopunny very well, taking hits easily and dealing tons of damage back. It can remove the hazards too, which is what I was looking for.

I'll explain each thing that isn't 'standard'. Conkeldurr has 124 speed EVs to outspeed Clefable, which allows it to efficiently outspeed and KO with Poison Jab. There isn't a reason for Gourgeist's somewhat mixed defenses, but it gives it max SpDef bulk as well as some physical bulk instead of just max / maxing HP and SpDef. Leech Seed provides great residual damage, and gives solid recovery when combined with Leftovers. Will-O-Wisp cripples majority of the physical attackers, and even deals a lot of damage when you combine it with Leech Seed. Delphox is cool, packing a Sub CM set. This beats stuff like Breloom (if doesn't have sash + rock tomb), Venusaur, Amoonguss, etc. Golbat is actually cool. It checks Mega Lopunny well, only being 3HKOd by Ice Punch and/or Return. It can 2HKO with a Brave Bird, while Super Fang cripples bulkier threats that Golbat wouldn't be able to touch otherwise (like Skarmory). This team struggles against Mixed Attacker Thundurus, so keep that in mind. Try and keep Tyranitar alive so it can KO with Stone Edge, or keep Gourgeist at a reasonable amount of HP to beat it. Tyranitar checks electrics like Mega Manectric, while also checking Lati@s. Team is actually 17 - 4, did not expect it to get 17 wins but ok (do /rank halloween squad). >.>

Everyone has a nice pretty innovative team here, mine is a little bit standard but I'll try anyways:

Sally (Gourgeist-Super) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Seed Bomb
- Shadow Sneak

Kaiju Eiga (Tyranitar) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

John Matrix (Excadrill) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

Best Friend (Charizard) (M) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Souvenirs (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast

Hermes (Raikou) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball

Ok so I went for a balanced team because Gourgeist Super is my fav gourgeist and I thought it would fit well in a balanced team, as it make a cool defensive pivot and can threaten with burns. I have a classic defensive set on it and put 2 stabs even if some people often choose only one stab with gourgeist, because I think its a shame to not pick that stab priority (shadow sneak), furthermore when that stab directly threaten mons that would otherwise be dangerous for Gourgeist, such as Gengar and Zam/Mega Zam. So yes, having a clutch shadow sneak to be able to ohko with some prior damage, is great imo (0 Atk Gourgeist-Super Shadow Sneak vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gengar: 132-156 (50.9 - 60.2%) (0 Atk Gourgeist-Super Shadow Sneak vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Alakazam: 162-192 (64.5 - 76.4%))
The immediate mon I thought would be annoying was mega sable so I chose to give Gourgeist that good friend of mine since my first adventures: Charizard. Charizard is not only cool but also very powerful and i like to spam fire moves with that dude. Also, I like how gourgeist also has the utility of being able to make a decent spinblocker, annoying things like starm and drill, and Zard can decimate blanced builds withs rocks on the field to help him. Roost is to be able to come anytime on said mega Sable. 0iv attck of course to take less from foul play versions. Flamethrower because i don't really like to miss when I have the choice not to. I prefer a little bit less power than having to miss a crucial hit. And flamethrower is not that weak. Timid nature to be able to tie with manaphy if I have to, let's say Raikou is weakened.
Which leads us to Raikou. Raikou is an offensive pivot i chose for manaphy and keldeo. Of course, theres a bunch of mons which would be better to check these monsters but hey raikou was the one that I thought would fit best in the team, being also able to help Excadrill break stuff such as skarm and being able to pivot on stuff like ferro to bring in safely Zard. Furthermore, its is one more check to talon which is really annoying for gourgeist and can spread status easily enough. Moveset is basic with decent coverage. Drill did not came along, it came with Tyranitar which i made scarf to trap lati@s who otherwise a huge threats. Its also my second check to bisharp in case that thing becomes frightening after an SD. It also helps with birds who frighten gourgeist. And sand I felt was good to have speed control which I lacked without drill and to help against more offensive oriented teams. Finally jolly nature because even if i brought sand offense i don't have crazy solid answers neither to other sand (I have chomp and gourgeist) so jolly nature to beat adamant drillers and being able to hit mega garde before it mega evolves because mega garde is also very threatening.
My first check to bisharp and some fast powerful stuff (such as mega bunny) and prios (the team is lacking a bit of prio so at least having an answer to it is not bad) being Garchomp. Good old rocky helmet chomp, enough speed to outspeed bisharp and loom, because i don't want to let loom spore my dragon. Plus chomp gives the mandatory rock supports (wich I think goes fine with ttar being able to trap starmies).
And there u go!

Trick-or-Treat Gourgeist + Pursuit T-Tar

Importable
Trick-or-Treat (Gourgeist-Super) @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Synthesis
- Seed Bomb
- Trick-or-Treat

Boo! (Gengar) @ Black Sludge
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Wave
- Hex

Designated Driver (Klefki) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 56 SpD / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Magnet Rise
- Flash Cannon

Crunchy Munchy (Tyranitar) @ Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Herpes (Slowbro-Mega) @ Slowbronite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 172 SpD / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off

Auschwitz (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Toxic

Explanation
Since Gourgeist-Super's main niche is being the only 'mon capable of spin-blocking Excadrill, I decided to go with a hazard-stacking semi-stall build. Trick-or-Treat is absurdly gimmicky, but I wanted to go with the Halloween theme. The basic idea is to give switch-ins (Such as Zard-X) the ghost type so T-Tar can pursuit trap them. The standard Foul play/Leech Seed/Shadow Sneak is a better option in reality though, so use that if you hate fun. The 96 Sp. Def EVs allow Gourgeist to switch in on Keldeo's specs Hydro Pump 100% of the time, and the rest go into physical bulk for Excadrill etc. I then chose Hex Gengar for a few reasons: It destroys Clefable, which completely walls and counters Gourgeist due to Magic Guard; Hex synergizes well with the status/scald/lava plume spam on the team; and most importantly, hex Gengar is cool. Sub was chosen over taunt or pain split to deal with bisharp easier, dodging sucker punch and burning it in return. Since Gardevoir is a major threat to any fat team and I wanted spikes, Klefki is the 'mon of choice. I didn't opt for ferrothorn since it does not synergize well with Gourgeist in my opinion, and Klefki allows me to setup spikes while also preventing set-up sweeps, spreading status for gengar, and not being completely passive unlike Skarmory. Klefki also counters Weavile, which is a huge threat to the dual-ghost core of Gourgeist + Gengar as well as dark-types in general. Flash Cannon + Magnet rise let Klefki check Diancie more effectively, which is a generally threatening 'mon. Scarf-Tar is Scarf-Tar, and is pretty much a staple on any semi-stall build since Hoopa-Unbound is a major threat. Scarf-Tar lets me trap lati@s, allowing me to prevent defog and attempt to win the hazard war; it traps Tornadus-T, which destroys Gourgeist and Gengar, especially AV variants that can pretty safely switch in on Gengar if not statused; it traps Zard-Y, which destroys the rest of my team; and Genagr, which also destroys everything as I have no switch in and everything else either gets outsped and OHKOd, outsped and nearly OHKOd, or speed ties and gets OHKOd. It also traps Talonflame, and acts as a very splashable electric/bird check. Mega-Slowbro acts as a nice win condition, with scald being extremely difficult to switch into with hazards up. It is an extremely hard 'mon to kill in general, and can help me deal with Heatran, Metagross, Lopunny, and physical attackers/water types/fire types in general. It also counters Keldeo, and the combination of Slowbro + Gourgeist can hard-counter pretty much any variant of Keldeo. Lastly, I chose fast taunt Heatran to set up rocks, taunt opposing hazard setters, and deal with scizor, which is a massive threat to the team. Max speed is needed to outspeed Jolly M-Sciz, which otherwise sweeps the team with ease, and is also useful to taunt Sp. Def Tran lacking EP, and to prevent recovery from weakened 'mons. Overall the main win-condition of the team is to stack hazards with Gourgeist preventing defensive Starmie and Excadrill from rapid spinning, and T-Tar pursuit trapping Lsti@s and Starmie. Manaphy, Hoopa, and other generic stallbreakers are always a threat, but T-Tar is able to pursuit a decent amount of them and prankster T-Wave is always available as an emergency button. Also look out for Scizor and Bisharp.

Btw am I supposed to also PM AM with the team to enter, or is posting it in the thread all I need to do?

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion

Yum (Lopunny-Mega) (F) @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Shiny: Yes
Happiness: 0
Jolly Nature
- Frustration
- High Jump Kick
- Encore
- Fake Out

TheThreat (Gourgeist-Small) (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Shadow Sneak
- Will-O-Wisp
- Synthesis

KeysToTheCity (Klefki) (M) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 112 Def / 88 SpA / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Heal Block
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes

Jason Derulo (Hippowdon) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 152 Def / 116 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Whirlwind
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

4thFavoriteFrench (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 52 SpA / 208 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Bond (Tornadus-Therian) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 168 HP / 88 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Heat Wave
So I built this with yuruuu along with help from a lot of the comp tutoring guys. Gourgiest is a really crappy mon and yuruu and I decided that a more offensive approach that wasn't TR seemed like something fun to build around. I always thought gourgeist super was the most overrated thing in existence. It's slow, it doesn't exert any real sort of presence it doesn't threaten anything as such the smaller faster variant seemed a bit more promising. We went with stuff like Lando-T / Mana / Raikou as the backbone at first but it was pretty sloppy and had tons of problems initially. After some talks we went with Hippo to check electrics and Zard-X, Rotom-W to check TFlame and Torn-T with a speedier variant to outpace base 80s with the choice of burning them or switching out with Volt Switch, and AV Torn-T to pivot into Serperior, Keldeo (a bit), Gengar, and to provide utility and grab momentum. Klefki is the spiker of the team and utilizes Heal Block to help hinder Clefable and defensive cores relying on recovery. Lopunny was added as the mega of choice and after much testing I went with Encore as it helped, again, with Clefable who was a bigger problem before along with providing some sort of utility on set up sweepers who set up early like Manaphy.

Team is kind of weak to Zard-Y but otherwise most match ups can be played around enjoy.

Thanks to m00ns, bludz, nedor, and many others for testing. WIP gonna try to gather more replays but seems ok considering it has a gourgeist in the mix lol.

Last edited:

EVs: 252 HP / 96 Def / 160 SpD
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis
- Shadow Sneak
- Will-O-Wisp

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Serious Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Dragon Dance
- Roost

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Defog
- Psychic

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Recover

Skarmory @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 232 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind

I figured i didn't want to build a trick room team, since I thought literally all of the teams up here would be tr teams. Gourgeist is pretty useful, as it has a niche being a m-meta switch in, as well as a Keldeo switchin. First in mind, I had a semi-stall team, but that team was weak to far too much to be a decent semi-stall, so I decided to up the ante and create a slightly more offensively aggressive balance team. Hippo was the first mon I added to the team, since I needed an SR setter, and a birdcheck, and Gourgeist loses to limitlessly everything. I then added Latias, so that I have a subtle defogger, and revenge kills a lot of threats such as Manaphy, Garchomp and Kyurem-Black, also putting some amount of work in against Gengar, which still looks an enormous threat to the team. Then, after realising this team got destroyed by fairies, in particular Mega Garde and Mega Altaria, looked annoying, I added Skarmory to the team, I chose SpDef since it acts as the best fairy check, particularly against Garde and Clefable. I also had in mind to put a mon that exerts a lot of offensive pressure to opposing teams, hence I added the Megazard X, which is a very good Pokemon in the meta, and can perform excellently given spikes support, which I supplied with Skarmory. The build in itself had a bit of trouble with water types, in particular, Starmie was an extremely awkward situation for the team, as was targets on rain teams such as Kingdra and Kabutops, therefore I added Gastrodon, which checks tons of Water-types and absorbs paralysis status as well.

Gourgeist-Small/Terrakion/Rotom-W/Zapdos/Politoed/M-Swampert
Gourgeist-Small @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Trick
- Leech Seed
- Seed Bomb

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

Rotom-Wash @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 68 SpA / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Defog
- Heat Wave

Politoed @ Choice Specs
Ability: Drizzle
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Power-Up Punch

The team starts with Gourgeist obviously since that's the base this time, so to cover weaknesses of Fire/Bug/and that other stuff etc. Terrakion was implemented to cover these weakness and to also take advantage of those ever so annoying Knock Offs'. To work around Ground types and just to be used as a dedicated start or pivot, Rotom-W was used to cover any weaknesses terrakion and gourgeist might have while also able to burn set-ups like Salamance and etc. who take advantage of high attack stats. Zapdos was included as a defensive wall/defogger to back up the Special def/burn wall of rotom-w (I can't english:pirate:). Lastly (I ran out of ideas) I decided to run a WOMBO-COMBO of Mega Swampert and Politoed. Mega Swampert is unexpected in most cases and is underestimated but it also covers pretty much every weakness for gourgeist except ice, (and stupid grass knot). I really suck at descriptions......

Reactions: AM

Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis
- Seed Bomb

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Knock Off

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch/Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Defog
- Roost

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 156 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Earthquake
- Heal Bell
- Roost

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch

Lickilicky @ Leftovers
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off/Disable
- Body Slam
- Wish
- Protect

Went with super bc I have a thing for fatties. Toad was added as a check to electric types and provide rocks, as well as secondary insurance against Keldeo. Also serves as a backup Zard-X check if the need arises. Zapdos is the defogger, handling birds and certain steels (such as Scizor, Ferrothorn, Bisharp, Rachi). Fat Altaria was added to handle Zards primarily, EQ for tran, w/ heal bell support for the rest of the squad. Rachi is there to check Latis and annoy behind a sub with toxic + flinch hax. Licky is the main cleric, as taunt Gar really fucks with the squad otherwise and oblivious takes care of that. Team's weak as balls to Weavile but i can't be fucked to change it at this point. enjoy

eren

je suis d'ailleurs

Gourgeist-Super is a cool mon, checking things like Keldeo, Mega Lopunny, and Breloom while also spin blocking very effectively vs common spinners such as Excadrill and non-IB Starmie which is really cool. I wanted to take advantage of a cool Spike Stack core so I added Skarmory, Hippowdon, and Tentacruel. Knock Off Tenta was chosen to help gid rid of items to make it even easier to play vs stall and wear it down with seeds and hazards. I then added Excadrill to be a cool wincon while being boosted in Sand. Altaria was added last as a secondary wincon and water resist

healing wounds (Gourgeist-Super) @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed
- Shadow Sneak
- Seed Bomb

from broken parts (Skarmory) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 228 HP / 252 SpD / 28 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Iron Head

counterpart (Hippowdon) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Earthquake

shooting stars (Tentacruel) (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 236 HP / 224 SpD / 48 Spe
Calm Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Knock Off
- Scald
- Rapid Spin

broken heart (Altaria-Mega) (F) @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
Happiness: 0
EVs: 228 HP / 64 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Frustration
- Heal Bell

survivors (Excadrill) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)